ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Enform Update and Pandora

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-13, 06:27 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 611 Likes on 459 Posts
Question Enform Update and Pandora

Anyone else notice Pandora locking up more after the update a couple days ago? I used to get "insufficient connection" messages very seldom. Now, I get them 2 or 3 times a trip. I have to change stations to get it working again.
Old 10-23-13, 10:14 AM
txes
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you just launch the Pandora app and stream via Bluetooth is it working correctly.

I never cared for Enform and don't use it at all.

John
Old 10-23-13, 03:20 PM
atoyota
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike728
Anyone else notice Pandora locking up more after the update a couple days ago? I used to get "insufficient connection" messages very seldom. Now, I get them 2 or 3 times a trip. I have to change stations to get it working again.
Yes, I have had one instance in the last couple of days of a Pandora error message (not the occasional "must have an application running" that I used to get) and a couple of freezes but when it freezes I seem to be in an urban canyon scenario and no longer on an LTE connection, just 4G. I assumed it was an issue with the phone switching back and forth between 4GLTE to 4G and back to 4GLTE.. There was also an enform update a few weeks ago that I thought improved the Pandora issues I used to have. I had not yet connected the most recent app update with the recent freezes.
Old 10-23-13, 03:39 PM
jonmanch
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

How do you find out about the enform updates?
Old 10-23-13, 03:50 PM
atoyota
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jonmanch
It is an update to the enform app on your phone. check google play or your apple store.
Old 10-23-13, 04:15 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by atoyota
It is an update to the enform app on your phone. check google play or your apple store.
The update I'm refering to is in the car, not the phone.

Originally Posted by jonmanch
Downloads are automatic, when available. Whenever you go to the "App" screen on the nav, you'll see it checking for updates. I received my second update in just over 7 months a couple days ago.
Old 10-23-13, 04:18 PM
atoyota
Pole Position

Downloads are automatic, when available. Whenever you go to the "App" screen on the nav, you'll see it checking for updates. I received my second update in just over 7 months a couple days ago.
In that case I can't say. I haven't noticed if the enform app in the car has updated or not. There have been two updates recently to the android version of enform.
Old 10-23-13, 04:31 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

In that case I can't say. I haven't noticed if the enform app in the car has updated or not. There have been two updates recently to the android version of enform.
Do you use the app menu to get to Pandora, or just the app tab?
Old 10-23-13, 07:11 PM
atoyota
Pole Position

The nav/radio system is always on the app tab so when I get in the car and start it the stereo begins playing the Pandora app thru enform on whatever Pandora station I had on last. I only "go to app" to change Pandora channel or skip/like/unlike a song. I rarely listen to anything but Pandora in the car anymore.
Old 10-24-13, 05:20 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

The nav/radio system is always on the app tab so when I get in the car and start it the stereo begins playing the Pandora app thru enform on whatever Pandora station I had on last. I only "go to app" to change Pandora channel or skip/like/unlike a song. I rarely listen to anything but Pandora in the car anymore.
Enform will not update when playing Pandora through the app tab. If you haven't been to the Enform app screen in a few days, you haven't been updated, which may be a good thing. You know you can skip songs while using the app tab, right?
Old 10-24-13, 07:32 AM
chileboy
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad I saw this about the issues with the latest update, I'm going to stay on the "Apps" tab for the time being so it doesn't pull in the update.

Hopefully when there is another update that fixes the issues, someone will jump in here and let us know.
Old 10-24-13, 08:11 AM
atoyota
Pole Position

... You know you can skip songs while using the app tab, right?
Actually I guess I didn't. The map screen is my default so when I want song info I hit the radio button on the dash which shows the am/fm/sat/bt/app screen and the title/artist/pandora radio chnl of the song playing. If I want to skip the song, Ive always had to open/go to application which opens up the Pandora app in the nav screen. I'll pay more attention to see if that is actually necessary to skip a song.

I will also open up the enform apps screen and see if it updates. I will say that a few days ago (within the last week) I did notice a popup that said Transfer Complete that came up several minutes after I had already been driving. I just assumed it was either my contacts from my phone or e-destinations that had not come over or that took longer than usual. Do you think that would have been from an update to the enform app in the car?
Old 10-24-13, 08:15 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

I will also open up the enform apps screen and see if it updates. I will say that a few days ago (within the last week) I did notice a popup that said Transfer Complete that came up several minutes after I had already been driving. I just assumed it was either my contacts from my phone or e-destinations that had not come over or that took longer than usual. Do you think that would have been from an update to the enform app in the car?
No, that's a phone status message. You get a progress bar and it says something like "update complete" when finished with the Enform update.
Old 10-24-13, 08:17 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by txes
If you just launch the Pandora app and stream via Bluetooth is it working correctly.

I never cared for Enform and don't use it at all.

John
Sorry, John, I didn't see this.
I've not done this, but Pandora plays fine through my phone outside of the car. I'll give your suggestion a shot tonight.
Old 10-24-13, 09:15 AM
atoyota
Pole Position

So I went to the Lexus Drivers web site and on the Lexus Enform tab on their web and found this:

How does the Lexus Enform® with App Suite system update?
The Enform with App Suite system is designed so that the smartphone can wirelessly send some updates to the App Suite multi-media system “over the air” using Bluetooth® and cellular data. The App Suite mobile app notifies customers when an over-the-air update is available.

It doesn't say how one is notified and when they say "the App Suite mobile app notifies customers" are they referring to the mobile app on the phone? I'll try to take a better look at lunch time or maybe dare to call support for clarification.

Quick Reply: Enform Update and Pandora