ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models
View Poll Results: would you get an aftermarket exhaust?
NO, its stupid and immature
44.83%
Yes, its manly and sporty
31.03%
maybe if i had the extra money burning in my pocket
24.14%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

aftermarket exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-13, 08:58 PM
JdmEd350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post aftermarket exhaust

I been doing some research and i was unable to find anything about an after market exhaust for our 2013 Lexus ES 350 so i decide to start/post my very 1st thread. I know most people wont bother with this mod but being only 18 yrs old i would like to be that kid that thinks his car is a race car and turn heads. im NOT looking for anything rice or a loud fart can but just a louder rumble similar to lets say a 350z? I do want your opinion about this and an estimate about how much i should pay. being 18 and driving a luxury car most people would take advantage and over price stuff. also what brand/parts should i use? im planing on only changing the muffler and not the whole cat and pipeing since the car is very new still under 1000 miles and to keep the cost down. i also decide to keep the chrome tips but might ask to have them poke out a bit more. the estimate i recived was $450 for mangaflow and $350 for an off-brand similar to mangaflow. i will post before and after pics and a video for sound. i have an appointment for Wednesday but i might get it done later in the day today if theirs spot open. Thanks in advice for your feed-back
Old 06-17-13, 09:29 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to break it to you kid, but you should have gotten an IS. Sportier and a huge aftermarket base.

Why didn't you get an IS instead of the ES? The ES is certainly NOT a teenager's car. For the kind of money you spent on the ES, you couldn't have gotten something more appropriate for what you want in a car.
Old 06-18-13, 05:50 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce van
Sorry to break it to you kid, but you should have gotten an IS. Sportier and a huge aftermarket base.
^^Yeah, did you even look at an IS? If I was 18 and had $40k+ to drop on a car, the ES would not even be on the radar.
Old 06-18-13, 06:08 AM
txes
Lead Lap

We'll the fact of the matter is you did get the ES. So I'll be supportive and say that Magnaflow is a good brand.

Since you won't find anything that will bolt on, be very careful when you let them cut up your new car. Make sure the stock mufflers can be put back on using the stock brackets etc...

If it was me, I'd put the money towards a nice set of wheels and not worry about how it sounds. Trust me, it won't sound that good.

John
Old 06-18-13, 06:36 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,236 Likes on 868 Posts

I think that you probably should have looked for an '87 Monte Carlo.
Old 06-18-13, 06:54 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Yeah I just don't see it on a ES but hey you can be the different one and get it, it all comes down to your taste. IMO i wouldn't.
Old 06-18-13, 09:55 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

I plan on changing the mufflers eventually as well. I've heard plenty of luxury cars with a stock throaty exhaust sound so I don't think it is out of the ES' character. The whole idea of modding is to do what YOU like.

That price sounds reasonable since mufflers should cost about $70-$100 a piece plus labor.

Please post clips after you get it done.
Old 06-18-13, 11:11 AM
JdmEd350
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the feed back everybody
I might hold off on the exhaust for now since I don't wont to take my new car apart so soon but will defiantly consider it later down the road once I do a have little more spending money
Also I didn't get an IS since I wanted a nice luxury car inside and out , the interior on the IS is too plain , the IS is also a very small car IMO and wanted enough space for my passenger and cargo since I planned on keeping this car forever since its my graduation gift , I was considering a GS but the base price was around 48 while I could get a fully loaded UL ES for the same price
And I think I could hold off on the rims for a while until I need new tires since the the UL brings a nice set to begin with
Old 06-18-13, 11:52 AM
ElliotB
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Another consideration before changing the exhaust-you may want to check with Lexus to find out how that would affect the warranty on your vehicle. It could affects the engine's warranty substantially.
Old 06-19-13, 02:29 PM
mrBillFL
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

why change the exhaust? sound ? or better breathing/mpg?

its often hard to beat factory flow without some extensive testing on a flow bench.

personally, I'd mess with the suspension 1st. its too tall and soft for my taste.
Old 06-19-13, 02:35 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by mrBillFL

its often hard to beat factory flow without some extensive testing on a flow bench.
If I change mine it would be strictly for sound. Not a "hear me coming down the street" type sound. Just a mellow throaty tone would be nice.
Old 06-19-13, 04:47 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Lex - you don't want a "gangster" ES car? Well, turn up your ML and bass to 50+ to get that effect.
Old 06-19-13, 06:04 PM
JdmEd350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexRuger
If I change mine it would be strictly for sound. Not a "hear me coming down the street" type sound. Just a mellow throaty tone would be nice.
I agree, I don't want a loud fart can that going to have all those Honda civic revving their engine trying to race me , just a nice idle and truly hear it when I stomp on it on the freeway
Old 06-19-13, 06:09 PM
JdmEd350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mrBillFL

personally, I'd mess with the suspension 1st. its too tall and soft for my taste.
Just sound, I agree it rides too tall and soft but I don't want to ruin my Comfortable suspension with a cheap one, I don't have 5 grands for an air suspension , my driveway has about a 6inch drop to the road to have it sitting low
Old 06-19-13, 08:53 PM
gekae24
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Borla exhast for 2007-2012 camry v6 fits and works.

Quick Reply: aftermarket exhaust