ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

2 Big Questions prior to buying a 300h...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-13, 06:57 PM
mrBillFL
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Congratulations!

please report back on the ride impressions and pics of the car on 18"

ps: that my car combo. + ceramic tint.
Old 04-24-13, 02:52 PM
calm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avoid the Ultra-Luxury Packages at this time

To the posters about the "Mark Levinson® Premium Surround Sound Audio System" feature.

There are other threads on this forum that are discussing this at length and the issue remains unresolved since the introduction of this new car model. Some may say that Lexus is providing them with great service, others would say that 6 months of waiting for a fix in a premium brand is excessive.

Beyond the defect, I do not understand how a "premium" audio system is placed into the market without a multi disc storage or persistent storage to allow lossless recordings to be transfered into the system. My Cadillac SRX provides that. Allowing an external device like an iPod or equivilent is not "premium". Using compressed 64k audio stream technologies via Pandora or other source is not "premium".

I am disclosing that I am effected by this issue since ordering this car unseen based on my positive experience with the Lexus and Toyota brands. I wanted other safety features that the two high end feature packages provided and this feature was bundled in those packages.

If the OP does go with packages on the ES300h containing desired features that include the ML "premium" system prior to this getting addressed properly; walk away from the deal.
Old 04-24-13, 05:36 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by calm
Beyond the defect, I do not understand how a "premium" audio system is placed into the market without a multi disc storage or persistent storage to allow lossless recordings to be transfered into the system. My Cadillac SRX provides that. Allowing an external device like an iPod or equivilent is not "premium". Using compressed 64k audio stream technologies via Pandora or other source is not "premium".

If the OP does go with packages on the ES300h containing desired features that include the ML "premium" system prior to this getting addressed properly; walk away from the deal.
First off, my ML has no defect you speak of. It sounds great, as long as the source material is not XM. Turning off the default surround DSP mode, helps, though. You can play lossless DVD-A discs which sound amazing through the system.

If you would have bothered to read this thread, you would have noticed that the OP has already purchased an ES.
Old 04-24-13, 07:16 PM
massalsa
Driver School Candidate

I appreciate ALL input and this forum was for me and will continue to be a HUGE resource to people like me who are uber uptight researchers prior to buying any car.

I pick up my new ride tomorrow. No ML or Nav for me.
Old 04-30-13, 07:32 PM
Neoxagon
Driver

Originally Posted by wasjr
As you have found out, Lexus configures vehicles generally based on most popular options. You should have the configurations you are considering priced separately. It is likely that you will receive a better deal buying a vehicle on the lot vs special order, which will narrow the price differential you mention.
I didn't know that you could pick options as you please "a la carte" with Lexus? I'm also considering Lexus and this will be my first Lexus. Been a long time BMW owner and really like the way BMW lets you buy only the options you want. BMW also has packages but anything you want can be added individually.

I noticed on the Lexus "build your vehicle" website, it doesn't allow picking options a la carte?
Old 04-30-13, 10:25 PM
massalsa
Driver School Candidate

I was told I could offer most of the options that I wanted but would most likely be waiting almost 3 months. That did not work for my situation.

However, there are a couple options that require other options be purchased.
Old 05-01-13, 07:26 AM
massalsa
Driver School Candidate

Default Here the car I bought and mods...

I feel like I should post a follow up as I started this thread. Here is what I purchased and what I have done post purchase:

I ended up getting an Obsidian(black)/black NuLuxe non Nav 300h. So far all is great. The only mod I did off the showroom floor was to remove the es300h letters off of the back of the trunk. That is the first pic.

2nd pic is of the 2nd mod made. I added some 18" Axis wheels (Xfactor in Matte Graphite) with Michelin Primacy rubber. For those that will ask I have noticed no rougher or smoother ride and the gas mileage is virtually the same with a small sample size in each case. I will use the original wheels for winter driving.

3rd pic is of the legal tint (no need with a black interior to go any darker in MN) along with a 3M Venture Shield 18" up the hood + partial fender and mirrors along with the full bumper. I also added a strip where the back bumper is flat outside of the trunk.
Attached Thumbnails 2 Big Questions prior to buying a 300h...-back.jpg   2 Big Questions prior to buying a 300h...-wheels.jpg   2 Big Questions prior to buying a 300h...-tint.jpg  
Old 05-06-13, 05:46 PM
Neoxagon
Driver

That looks really nice, congrats on the new ride!
Old 05-06-13, 09:25 PM
KennyLexus
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I like it, nice clean look ...really like the choice of wheels and color. I also have a soft spot for black on black Lexus. Good job. Now you have to get rid of the 'HYBRID' badges on the side.

Oh, congratulations on your new car. It's sure to be a smooth ride with the Michelin Primacy tires.

Last edited by KennyLexus; 05-06-13 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-16-13, 06:58 AM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Now that the ML audio issues appears to be resolved, any regrets not getting it?
Any other mods done to the car since May?