ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Heated Wood Steering Wheel Woodgrain Trim

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-13, 04:41 AM
txes
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spent a couple winters in Calgary.

The best defense against a cold steering wheel was a pair of these, eh.

John
Attached Thumbnails Heated Wood Steering Wheel Woodgrain Trim-image.jpg  
Old 03-28-13, 05:11 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 615 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by savon
"Heated and cooled seats" advertised by Lexus is misleading and I found out when I bought my 07 ES. Heating part is fine it is just the cooling part which I think it is ridiculous. I have never used it because it doesn't do anything in hot summer days.
They now advertise "Heated and Ventilated" seats. Did you start a thread about that in '07?
Old 03-28-13, 05:57 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

In the spirit of Truth In Advertisng, I dug out the brochure for the 2007 ES350 (yes I still have it) and it says "heated and ventilated seats." I remember a lot of buyers back then were assuming cooled, but they are ventilated, per the brochure. Same wording was in the 2010 brochure.

Personally I have no problem with tthe wording for the new ES's heated steering wheel.
Old 03-28-13, 07:11 AM
MDames2
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The advertised statement, although not as clear as it could be, is not misleading or incorrect. The car does have a heated wood and leather steering wheel. Although it doesn't say that it is only partially heated, it also doesn't say it is fully heated. Too many people have assumed that because of other experiences. I can't see where Lexus is trying to mislead anyone.
Old 03-28-13, 07:24 AM
txes
Lead Lap

Bingo!

Buy that man a beer.

John
Old 03-28-13, 08:20 AM
chewbach
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To suggest the description is purposely misleading is...a stretch. However, I can see how one would assume the whole wheel would be heated. What I cannot understand is, if having the entire steering wheel heated was THIS IMPORTANT to you, why on earth did you not try it out before buying? Maybe I'm just ****, but I invest a lot of time researching, asking questions, and test driving before spending this kind of money on anything.
Old 03-28-13, 08:36 AM
lemon397
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to a store and bought home a 60 inch tv. I was surprised that neither its length nor its width was 60 inches. The company or salesman did not mention in their advertisement that its 60 inches diagonally. should i sue the company? It was my assumption and I made it a fact.
i test drove the vehicle which had heated steering wheel and asked questions before I bought it.
Old 03-28-13, 10:34 AM
2Relax
Driver School Candidate

To start I am not trying to sue....Really for a heated steering wheel....as I have pointed out many times it is the principle of the matter.... No I did not get to test drive a vehicle that had the heated Steering wheel none available at the time, had to wait for 2 weeks to get my car. So yes you assume what is advertise is what your going to receive. I am not assuming on the wording Lexus used very Clear (Heated Wood Steering Wheel) no other langauge in their. Now think hard you read (Heated Wood Steering Wheel) what would you expect? If I knew this before buying the Vehicle would it be a deal breaker maybe. Yes, you are right it is a lot of money for a vehicle and that is why my expection are high. I was spoiled with my X-5 and Acura.... Cheers let me get my mitts on....LOL
Old 03-28-13, 10:39 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by 2Relax
Let's think about this one, you bought a vehicle and it was advertised leather seats and after a week you realized it was vinyl seats but only the sides were leather would you be okay with that??? When you went to complain the car company would say vinyl last longer so they put the leather where you would not reck it on the sides and vinyl were you use the most so it last longer than leather.
Don't know about your window sticker but mine says, "Leather-trimmed". Meaning part of the interior is actually leather. But I would expect the whole steering wheel to be heated, including the wood, when I've seen other cars made that way. But, my car doesn't have this feature so I can't complain.
Old 03-28-13, 12:21 PM
2Relax
Driver School Candidate

Just checked the window sticker that was on my vehicle (Heated Wood Steering Wheel)......
Old 03-28-13, 01:49 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 615 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by 2Relax
Just checked the window sticker that was on my vehicle (Heated Wood Steering Wheel)......
Actually, it's (Heated Wood & Leather) if we're being technical. It also states it has heated seats. I checked a little while ago and noticed that the entire seat wasn't actually being heated. The back of the seat, for instance, stayed cold.
Old 03-28-13, 02:01 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike728
Actually, it's (Heated Wood & Leather) if we're being technical. It also states it has heated seats. I checked a little while ago and noticed that the entire seat wasn't actually being heated. The back of the seat, for instance, stayed cold.
Old 03-28-13, 02:02 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike728
better call your lawyer lol
Old 03-28-13, 02:22 PM
txes
Lead Lap

Sometimes ya gotta bring in the horse...

John
Attached Thumbnails Heated Wood Steering Wheel Woodgrain Trim-image.jpg  
Old 03-28-13, 04:34 PM
ICnothing
Rookie

That is a great idea get the lawyer for the seat that does not heat throughout & while your doing that use the same lawyer for the steering wheel not heating up as advertise. 2 for 1 deal... If you win share
But I have to admit a whole heated steering wheel could be nice

Quick Reply: Heated Wood Steering Wheel Woodgrain Trim