ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Phone contacts in my Nav system

Old 03-04-13, 11:12 AM
ray1951
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phone contacts in my Nav system

We are the proud owners of a 2013 es350 . Love the car and the nav system . I have 1 problem hope you folks can help with . I have my iphone 4 paired to the system no problems . I have transfered my contacts to the nav system phonebook again no problem . After doing so I realized I had many contacts in the phone that should have been removed . I updated the contacts on the phone great .

Now I want to update all the contacts on the nav phone book but cannot seem to figure it out . I thought I could just delete the phone book that is in the car and then transfer the new data but cannot figure it out . we went into manage contacts but the delete is not highlighted to select . There must be a way . I find the nav manual jumps all over the place and hard to follow

We went to menu/setup/phone /manage phone all we see is transfer contacts

Please Help
Old 03-04-13, 12:07 PM
ShakMan
Rookie

Hi ray1951

I dont know about IOS but on my Android, my contacts are sync'ed up automatically every-time I get in the car with BT turned on. So when I update my contacts on my Phone, it gets updated the next time my phone gets paired with the car
Old 03-04-13, 01:31 PM
ray1951
Driver School Candidate

Hi I thought that would happen but there are some contacts i deleted from my phone and they still appear in the car phonebook
Old 03-04-13, 06:33 PM
ShakMan
Rookie

Well, it seems like you address book and phone book contacts are out of sync. It has happened to me once. I fixed the problem by un-pairing your phone and pairing it again via BT. During the remove device, you will get a prompt that says something like 'Do you want to remove your contacts also'. Say YES and it will delete your phone and the contacts from the car.

Steps
1. Remove your phone from the Bluetooth setup screen
2. Select YES when prompted to delete all contacts
3. Once your phone has been deleted, go into contacts in the Lexus to make sure there are no entries left behind. If you still see contacts, remove them manually. The goal here is to start again with an empty address book.
4. Pair your phone again and sync contacts.

One suggestion is ALWAYS use your phone for add/del contacts.

Last edited by ShakMan; 03-04-13 at 06:57 PM.
Old 03-22-13, 05:43 PM
rulecaesar
Driver School Candidate

I have a similar issue. The dealer paired my iPhone 4S during the 'intro' lesson and now the phone book has a few hundred business contacts that I really don't want in the car. It makes looking for a number a longer process if I don't opt to use voice commands. Siri is not a viable option, half the time it gets the wrong person.

Without reconfiguring my contacts on the phone, let's say by groups, I don't see how I can limit or make a selection when transferring contacts. I already set the phone NOT to sync to the car each time, so if I delete the phone from the car, it won't automatically restore. I'd be willing to assign a group to every contact on the phone if I could then limit the sync to just certain groups.

Is it possible that I can't delete contacts one by one because I don't have the latest Apple software update? I read in another thread that may be the reason I cannot reply to text messages.

Thanks for any help.
Old 03-22-13, 06:36 PM
ShakMan
Rookie

I dont think there is a way to limit sync to a group. BTW, I am an Android user and cant speak for IOS for sure. Is there a way to make a contract 'private' in IOS. I can try and see if there is a way on the Android and will post later