ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

What do you dislike about your ES 300H?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-13, 03:52 PM
afrsyl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you dislike about your ES 300H?

Hey All,

I am newbie to this forum and about to pull the trigger on a 2013 ES 300H with the luxury package and blind sport monitoring.

The dealer quoted $42,000 + sales tax and registration. First of all, is this a good deal?

Also, I've read numerous postitives and attributes on this forum but from your experience, what do you dislike about the 2013 ES 300H?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-25-13, 04:21 PM
unowned
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

what's MSRP on it?
Old 02-25-13, 04:22 PM
KennyLexus
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There's already a recent 'What do you like...' thread posted. I'm pretty sure it included some dislike comments.
Old 02-25-13, 04:37 PM
afrsyl
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by unowned
what's MSRP on it?
The MSRP is $46,000
Old 02-25-13, 05:00 PM
mrBillFL
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by afrsyl
Hey All,

I

Also, I've read numerous positives and attributes on this forum but from your experience, what do you dislike about the 2013 ES 300H?

I want the wheel/tree not to move when I turn the car off. -I want to put my sunglasses there.

trunk is also small/ no folding rear seat.
Old 02-26-13, 01:02 AM
Artistik D
Rookie

im a big guy and i hate that the seat doesnt go as low as my old 2006 525i and also the seat goes out too much on my lower back and it gives me back pains. also the speakers are horrible. my altima had a better stock sound system. other than that i enjoy the car
Old 02-26-13, 06:11 AM
Fly4u
Banned

While the "mouse" is intuitive and effective, a touch screen NAV is far more beneficial. The current dash design places the screen at a disadvantage for finger touch.
Old 02-26-13, 06:48 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Artistik D
im a big guy and i hate that the seat doesnt go as low as my old 2006 525i and also the seat goes out too much on my lower back and it gives me back pains. also the speakers are horrible. my altima had a better stock sound system. other than that i enjoy the car
You are a lot more understanding than I'd be.
Old 02-26-13, 08:30 AM
DASMan
Rookie

The thing that I hate the most about my 300h is that it ISN'T IN MY GARAGE YET. The 4 1/2 month wait for a special order is a real bummer.

Other than that, you'll have to wait until I after it arrives at the Dealership and I pick it up from the detailer for a more detailed answer.
Old 02-26-13, 08:47 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 172 Likes on 151 Posts

It is really not a dislike, rather a what if I could change it. I would like the sunglass holder back.
Old 02-26-13, 08:52 AM
ProfessorP
Rookie

the Nav definitely takes some getting used to - quite unwieldy at this point. Enabling the nav and disabiling the nav seems very cumbersome. Touch screen would have been better - too used to the touch screen on my MDX. That's probably the biggest complaint.

Also, maybe I'm an idiot, but it seems to me that I can do things like open the garage door even with the power off. My guess (hopefully) is that this is only for a small period of time.

Let's see, what else - the DVD function to watch a movie doesn't work sometimes even when I am parked. Not sure why, need to figure this out. Sound system is very meh without the Levinson package.
Old 02-26-13, 09:26 AM
cfpb
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nav system does not estimate time to destination very well for most situations, and at least here in Ontario, I have found that it often recommends strange and definitely slower routes than I would otherwise take.

I also wish there were radio preset buttons on the dash so you wouldn't have to go to the nav screen to go directly to another station.
Old 02-26-13, 09:48 AM
unowned
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by afrsyl
The MSRP is $46,000
So 4k off, that's not bad for an h version
Old 02-26-13, 09:54 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by cfpb
Nav system does not estimate time to destination very well for most situations, and at least here in Ontario, I have found that it often recommends strange and definitely slower routes than I would otherwise take.

I also wish there were radio preset buttons on the dash so you wouldn't have to go to the nav screen to go directly to another station.
You can change the nav settings to avoid certain types of roads and route you on major highways/expressways etc. That might help with the unusual routes.
Old 02-26-13, 08:33 PM
newone88
Driver School Candidate

For me getting used to the hybrid car is the biggest adjustment. Also, it is very quiet and that take sometime getting used to and the other sounds from the car.

Breaks need some getting used to as well but not a big deal

Something that I really not enjoying is the sound. It sound the same as my 10 years old Highlander. I thought the sound would be much better and have more controls for a luxury car but it is very basic and not impressive at all.

The whole nav system will need a bit of time getting used to and Iphone 5 integration was smooth but still can't get the text to appear on the screen.

By the way, I was able to upload photos for the start up screen. Is there away to replace the lexus one that appears first? Also, can the startup photo stay on the screen longer, maybe 5-10 seconds instead of 2?

Quick Reply: What do you dislike about your ES 300H?