ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

BC Racing Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-13, 09:57 AM
Artistik D
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BC Racing Coilovers

So I sent a email to BC Racing Yesterday asking about some coilovers for our cars and this was their response
'Hi Danh,

Unfortunately, I do not have indication that there will be development of a kit for the 2013 ES. Under normal circumstances, R&D has to see a large enough amount of interest to justify development of a coilover set up. If you are a member of a forum, and can provide an example of the amount of members interested in a kit for their vehicle, please shoot that my way and I will present it for review.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you.

Regards,
Kerry "
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So how many of you guys are actually interested in buying coilovers if they do make them we need a good amount. ill start the list.
1. Artistik D - Danh
Old 02-18-13, 10:32 AM
unowned
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

why would you want worse dampening than stock? At least use some quality coilovers like Ohlins.
Old 02-18-13, 07:58 PM
Artistik D
Rookie

i had a full set of bc racing coilovers on my altima? BC racing isnt no okie doke brand. I've known from experience and other others. and maybe cause i want to mod my car or lower it?
Old 02-18-13, 09:22 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

Coilovers would probably be out of my budget and kind of a waste on a lease but I wouldn't mind a very minor drop with lowering springs,
Old 02-19-13, 12:09 AM
unowned
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Artistik D
i had a full set of bc racing coilovers on my altima? BC racing isnt no okie doke brand. I've known from experience and other others. and maybe cause i want to mod my car or lower it?
I'm talking about ride quality, why ruin one of the best reasons you bought a Lexus (ride comfort)? I'm suggesting a higher end coilover that will get you the desired lowered height with the ride comfort equal or better than stock.
Old 02-19-13, 09:59 AM
Artistik D
Rookie

Originally Posted by unowned
I'm talking about ride quality, why ruin one of the best reasons you bought a Lexus (ride comfort)? I'm suggesting a higher end coilover that will get you the desired lowered height with the ride comfort equal or better than stock.
im waiting on megan to email me back for some updates. I had a cousin who was on megans on his gs the the ride was amazing. so i deff want to wait on their response too. just seeing who will be interested.
Old 02-25-13, 11:10 PM
ESh888
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be interested. The only thing keeping me from custom wheels is the ride height. If I can’t minimize the gap I will keep the stock wheels and tires for as long as I own the car.
Old 02-26-13, 01:00 AM
Artistik D
Rookie

Originally Posted by ESh888
I would be interested. The only thing keeping me from custom wheels is the ride height. If I can’t minimize the gap I will keep the stock wheels and tires for as long as I own the car.
i know how you feel man i need this drop asap before i pick up a set of wheels. i cant stand seeing 4x4s
Old 03-19-13, 04:57 AM
UCLAJimmy
Pole Position

So how many of you guys are actually interested in buying coilovers if they do make them we need a good amount. ill start the list.
1. Artistik D - Danh
2. UCLAjimmy
Old 03-19-13, 08:52 AM
mrBillFL
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

hard to commit without knowing the price..... what does a set of coil overs run? need 4 correct?

BR's?

http://www.bcracing-na.com/products/br-type/
Old 03-19-13, 09:16 AM
KennyLexus
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by UCLAJimmy
1. Artistik D - Danh
2. UCLAjimmy
Count me in...aka #1 Stunner (the complements keep coming). A quality drop is sure to knock their socks off
Old 03-19-13, 10:34 AM
Artistik D
Rookie

Originally Posted by mrBillFL
hard to commit without knowing the price..... what does a set of coil overs run? need 4 correct?

BR's?

http://www.bcracing-na.com/products/br-type/
anywhere between 1000-1200
Old 03-19-13, 10:51 AM
mrBillFL
Lead Lap

anywhere between 1000-1200

That is for a set of 4 BR's? Then probably yes.... *assuming it will not void any factory warranty.

I assume I need to route out the top mounts, for the camber adjustments plates.

I'd like to see some install instructions but that's not bad for coil over struts.
Old 03-19-13, 04:37 PM
rickholder
Driver School Candidate

Default Im interested 2. Rick Holder

So I sent a email to BC Racing Yesterday asking about some coilovers for our cars and this was their response
'Hi Danh,

Unfortunately, I do not have indication that there will be development of a kit for the 2013 ES. Under normal circumstances, R&D has to see a large enough amount of interest to justify development of a coilover set up. If you are a member of a forum, and can provide an example of the amount of members interested in a kit for their vehicle, please shoot that my way and I will present it for review.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you.

Regards,
Kerry "
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Artistik D - Danh
2. Rick Holder
Old 03-20-13, 07:02 AM
mrBillFL
Lead Lap

I'm in....

Quick Reply: BC Racing Coilovers