ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Sad day - Look at Lexus.EU offering

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-13, 05:35 PM
a310pilot
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sad day - Look at Lexus.EU offering

Look at LEXUS.EU offering. I mean jesus... they are offering BABY SEAT as accessory for your 2013 LEXUS ES amongst million other things (Fine it got nothing to do with luxury ) BUT then You can PICK YOUR seat color and Wood trim color individually regardless of what your exterior is..) All options are UNRELATED.

Why can't we have it this way... Are we buying less GS's than Europe ?? OR Europeans demand more than us?

Still sad.
Old 02-04-13, 09:48 PM
savon
Rookie

The answer is just look at the prices they have to pay. It is all about money. period.
Old 02-05-13, 02:33 PM
a310pilot
Driver

Smile

No I don't agree.

Reasons for my disagreements are.

a: In Canada we are already paying more for the same cars than U.S. Not getting anything extra. INFACT, We are getting less for the same price in 99% of the cases. So it's not about the "money" and besides how much more money would it cost. if let's say I wanted walnut color wood than ash wood.

b: Look at the Australian G/S. it costs $99,000 dollars (Any extra - NOPE)

Here comes europe. YES they will get all the luxury feel in the world as if they are walking into a maybach showroom and they can pick each aspect of personalizing the car.

could it be that us North Americans are considered less "refined" so they can slap anything on and we say " WOW luxury " and Canadians are 2nd class citizens of the world?

I'm just saying...
Old 02-05-13, 02:45 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey you guys get free all weather mats don't you? A least I read that at one time. That's extra!
Just kidding
Old 02-05-13, 03:37 PM
a310pilot
Driver

LOL.

OH yeah how can I forget that... and cargo net.
Old 02-05-13, 03:43 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

I thought in the US you could do a special order with individual options?
Old 02-05-13, 04:05 PM
a310pilot
Driver

Yes you can pick certain options. But you cannot pick let's say black interior with brown exterior (fire agate pearl) and with Black interior it comes with whatever wood trim LEXUS feels North american ES should get...

Bamboo is only available with Hybrid models - what if I want it for gasoline car. I'm out of luck.

Europe has more leather color options as well.
Old 02-05-13, 11:21 PM
savon
Rookie

Originally Posted by a310pilot
No I don't agree.

Reasons for my disagreements are.

a: In Canada we are already paying more for the same cars than U.S. Not getting anything extra. INFACT, We are getting less for the same price in 99% of the cases. So it's not about the "money" and besides how much more money would it cost. if let's say I wanted walnut color wood than ash wood.

b: Look at the Australian G/S. it costs $99,000 dollars (Any extra - NOPE)

Here comes europe. YES they will get all the luxury feel in the world as if they are walking into a maybach showroom and they can pick each aspect of personalizing the car.

could it be that us North Americans are considered less "refined" so they can slap anything on and we say " WOW luxury " and Canadians are 2nd class citizens of the world?

I'm just saying...
Lexus or any other car manufacturer want to maximize their profits. Their prices are set based on a market which they are competing in. U.S. is a huge car market. We are getting better options and prices In U.S. because Lexus has to compete harder for market share with other luxury brands. Lexus has to offer more with lower prices. They make up lower margin profits with more sales.
It may look to us that offering more options will cost them nothing, but we really don't know the facts. I can tell you from my personal experience in my profession that offering one option instead of three on one item will save us a lot of labor money. If they can save for example 1 dollar on each car sold by not offering an option they can just save 50-60 thousand dollars in U.S. alone on ES models. Multiply this by 8 million cars that toyota sells around the world.
Some countries have tariffs on imported cars. It maybe one of the reasons Lexus models are so expensive other parts of the world compare to U.S. or Canada. To me, it is all about money. They do whatever it takes to make more profit. it can be selling higher prices with less options in one country or vise versa. The market dictates what prices they have to sell (of course when there is a competition).
Old 02-06-13, 09:09 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 173 Likes on 151 Posts

I took a look at the Lexus site for Europe and found that the ES is not available in Europe. They also do not have all the tech options we have.