ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Just Picked it Up

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-13, 05:27 PM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts
Default Just Picked it Up

We just picked up my fathers new ES its not a bad car looks really good inside and outside is def a difference. The design is bold and I think Lexus nailed it as it looks better than the older ES.
Just Picked it Up-photo-1.jpg

Just Picked it Up-photo-2.jpg

Just Picked it Up-photo-3.jpg

Just Picked it Up-photo-4.jpg

Just Picked it Up-photo-5.jpg
Old 02-02-13, 06:04 PM
danolo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

congratulations! It looks really good. I am still have a couple of months wait on my ES 300h deep sea mica.
Old 02-02-13, 06:06 PM
a310pilot
Driver

Oh yes, its a difference of day and night between Old ES and New.

Black on Black has always been classic. Looks good.
Old 02-02-13, 07:29 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,756 Likes on 1,970 Posts

What do you think of it compared to your new GS?
Old 02-02-13, 07:37 PM
uicandrew
Pole Position

I do like the wood trim of the old ES but the remote touch of the new ES is nice. And I agree with black on black looking classic nice!
Old 02-02-13, 08:45 PM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by SW10ES
What do you think of it compared to your new GS?
In all honesty its nothing compared to the GS, the GS has a stiffer and sporty ride. I tried to take a curvy turn at high speed in the ES and could feel the body sway a little in my GS I can't feel it, it always feels planted. I do love the wood though makes me want wood in mine. I have found that the ES feels similar to an LS in terms of comfortable ride even in sport mode it stays comfortable. It's good for those daily drivers that are gonna drive long distance, not really a sporty ride. Overall still an upgrade from previous ES, I hate that gear shifter it looks like they just said whatever after they redesigned the interior
Old 02-02-13, 08:48 PM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by a310pilot
Oh yes, its a difference of day and night between Old ES and New.

Black on Black has always been classic. Looks good.
Yes the black is still classic, he wanted blue with black interior but they would have had to order it and we didn't want to wait so we got the black on black.
Old 02-02-13, 09:43 PM
a310pilot
Driver

a: I have a 2007 GS and what I immediately noticed (disliked) about the ES is the lack of MAP Light. Center Console remains dark and dingy in the ES. whereas GS/LS has a very subtle soft white glow of the map light - on all the time.

b: Interior flood lights are all ancient warm bulb type lights (It almost seems like a reminder from Lexus- hey buddy this is entry level) - How much would a fader cost? BUT nope they saved it for the LS.

c: I miss Spot light.

c: No foot ventilation for rear passengers.

Ambient lighting is great - I LOVE IT. So over all - Its up 10 points but down 2 for other aspects of ambience.
Old 02-02-13, 09:45 PM
a310pilot
Driver

Blue is nice as well. That was my second choice but they didn't have it and I wouldn't pick a color without physically seeing an ES in it. I haven't see any Blue or Black on the road yet. Only Silver and Grey and White.
Old 02-02-13, 11:52 PM
Kabajaro
Driver School Candidate

Congratulations on your new black on black! It's certainly a very nice combination. I have a similar one myself and I have to say bah-dah-dah-bah-bah I'm lovin' it.
Love aside, keeping the car in top condition is a chore; I have been trying to do so every week (a nice wash midweek and a real wash on the weekend) but Houston hates new, shiny black cars.

Originally Posted by danolo
congratulations! It looks really good. I am still have a couple of months wait on my ES 300h deep sea mica.
Hi Danolo, please post pics of your Deep Sea Mica when it gets to you. I initially wanted that exterior but no dealership in Houston has it and the earliest was coming from Miyawaka..
Old 02-03-13, 06:37 AM
DASMan
Rookie

I, too, preferred the deep sea mica with the black interior. The dealerships here in CT actually had a few 350's in blue, but with the parchment interior.

As we were driving to the dealership to order our 300h, a blue / black 350 passes us on the highway! It was a sign from above.

We just got word yesterday that after 3 months and 14 days our Loaded ES left port at the Lexus plant on Feb-1. Now I'm waiting for the vehicle inventory report to see the name of the vessel it is coming over on.
Old 02-03-13, 09:49 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigblack06
I have found that the ES feels similar to an LS in terms of comfortable ride even in sport mode it stays comfortable.
This is kind of interesting. Have you spent a lot of time driving the LS? My Dad had two, and they were what got me into Lexus, loved those cars. I have driven a TON of LSes and have seriously considered a CPO one every time I've upgraded. Obviously I had two ES'es, the 03 and the 2010.

I know your GS is an F Sport and mine is a Luxury, so theres a ride difference (I have not driven the F Sport), but I find that the ride of my GS reminds me a lot more of how an LS rides than the ES did. The GS has that solidity, vaultlike feel and glass like steady ride on the road that the LS has, and the ES does not. The ES is more softly sprung and is cushier over low speed bumps and speed bumps, but it doesn't have that vaultlike feel, which makes the GS feel much more premium on the road.

Really surprised me (pleasantly so), and I did not feel that way about the 2GS or the 3GS.

Originally Posted by a310pilot
a: I have a 2007 GS and what I immediately noticed (disliked) about the ES is the lack of MAP Light. Center Console remains dark and dingy in the ES. whereas GS/LS has a very subtle soft white glow of the map light - on all the time.
Really? That surprises me, my 2010 ES had a small LED "ambient light" that shone down on the console and shifter all the time at night....
Old 02-03-13, 11:13 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

congratz to your dad... he made a good choice. i'm driving a satin cashmere loaner, getting 23.4MPG. at 60-80 MPH... mixed.
Old 02-03-13, 11:53 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah, definitely miss the ES' mileage!
Old 02-03-13, 01:35 PM
a310pilot
Driver

Steve,

YEAP, gone in the 2013 ES

Quick Reply: Just Picked it Up