Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 6ES forum for discussion about shared components with other sixth generation ES models.

Is this a good deal for 2014 ES300h?

Old 01-16-17, 06:05 PM
hooterbif
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good deal for 2014 ES300h?

$29,295
21,000 miles
parchment Nuluxe interior
L/CERTIFIED. Lease for $383 x 36mo! Unlimited Mileage Warranty and 2 year/20,000 complimentary maintenance

Bluetooth, Hands-Free, Heated Leather Seats, Lexus Certified, 2.5L I4 DOHC 16V VVT-i, Power moonroof. CARFAX One-Owner. Clean CARFAX.

Total due at signing of $2,000 which includes first payment, Tax, DMV and ACQ fees. 12,000 miles per year .25c per miles thereafter. Lessee must be approved tier 1+ though LFS. $350 disposition fee due at lease end. Prior sales excluded. Warranty is 6 years from date of first use with a minimum of 2 years of coverage from point of purchase. Offer expires 1/31/2017.

156 hp horsepower, 2.5 liter inline 4 cylinder DOHC engine, 4 Doors, 4-wheel ABS brakes, 8-way power adjustable drivers seat, 8-way power adjustable passenger seat, Air conditioning with dual zone climate control, Audio controls on steering wheel, Auto-dimming mirrors - Electrochromatic, Bluetooth, Center Console - Full with covered storage, Clock - Analog, Compass, CVT Transmission, Daytime running lights, Dusk sensing headlights, Electric Motor - 141 hp, External temperature display, Front fog/driving lights, Front seat type - Bucket, Front-wheel drive, Fuel economy EPA highway (mpg): 39 and EPA city (mpg): 40, Head airbags - Curtain 1st and 2nd row, Hybrid Gas Engine - 200 hp, Interior air filtration, Intermittent window wipers, Keyless Ignition - Doors and ignition, Knee airbags - Driver and passenger, Multi-function remote - Trunk/hatch/door/tailgate windows sunroof/convertible roof, Overhead console - Mini, Passenger Airbag, Power heated mirrors, Power windows with 4 one-touch, Privacy/tinted glass, Rear bench seats, Rear defogger, Rear spoiler - Lip, Remote power door locks, Remote sunroof/convertible roof operation - Remote sunroof operation, Remote window operation, Reverse tilt mirrors - Dual mirrors, Signal mirrors - Turn signal in mirrors, Speed-proportional power steering, Stability control, Sunroof - Express open/close glass, Tachometer, Tilt and telescopic steering wheel, Traction control - ABS and driveline, Trip computer, Universal remote transmitter
Old 01-16-17, 06:37 PM
Gekko
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

https://www.edmunds.com/tmv.html
Old 01-16-17, 06:42 PM
hooterbif
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gekko
That gives:

Edmunds True Market Value®

• Dealer Trade-in:
    $22,727
  • Private Party:
    $24,999
  • Dealer Retail:
    $26,920

Still not sure if it is a good or bad deal. I was also wondering if the lease is a good deal, although, I think that I need to know the residual and money factor to know that.

Frankly, the car seems too basic to me. I can't tell, but it looks like it does not have the ultra luxury package.
Old 01-16-17, 07:10 PM
Gekko
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by hooterbif
That gives:

• Dealer Trade-in:
    $22,727
  • Private Party:
    $24,999
  • Dealer Retail:
    $26,920

Still not sure if it is a good or bad deal. I was also wondering if the lease is a good deal, although, I think that I need to know the residual and money factor to know that.

Frankly, the car seems too basic to me. I can't tell, but it looks like it does not have the ultra luxury package.
1. i would never buy a car without built-in Navigation but that's my personal preference.
2. i would pay no more than Dealer Retail TMV - and i would start my negotiating offer at Dealer Retail TMV - 15%.
3. i don't believe in leasing. buy a high quality, durable car (Lexus) and keep it for 9+ years. that's why it's important for me to always buy exactly what i want - color, features, model, year, etc. - because i will be keeping it for a long time.

good luck!

How to buy a car by e-mail

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-car-by-email/
Old 01-16-17, 07:20 PM
hooterbif
Driver School Candidate

Gekko, thanks for the feedback. I think that I agree with you. In fact, I have had only one car my whole like, a 1995 ES300 that I purchased new. After 260,000 miles, it died today. I am between a rock and a hard place, because I only have my rental car until Friday. So, if I order a car with my "dream" options, then I will have to wait quite a while to get it. So, I have the inventory from which to choose. I was going to buy the car a few years old, seeing that about 40% seems to come off the price of the car after two years and I plan on keeping it a very long time.
Old 01-16-17, 07:41 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

If the car has the NuLuxe seats, it is definitely not an Ultra Luxury ES or even a Luxury package ES. Only the base/Premium package ES have the NuLuxe seats.

That gives:

• Dealer Trade-in:
    $22,727
  • Private Party:
    $24,999
  • Dealer Retail:
    $26,920
When I ran the numbers on Edmunds, I got numbers about $700 lower than what you got. So, unless you know that the car has options other than what you said, your numbers might be a little high.

Also, Edmunds lists a premium of around $2200 for the CPO designation. That is probably a little high, too.
Old 01-16-17, 07:50 PM
Gekko
Lead Lap

Gekko, thanks for the feedback. I think that I agree with you. In fact, I have had only one car my whole like, a 1995 ES300 that I purchased new. After 260,000 miles, it died today. I am between a rock and a hard place, because I only have my rental car until Friday. So, if I order a car with my "dream" options, then I will have to wait quite a while to get it. So, I have the inventory from which to choose. I was going to buy the car a few years old, seeing that about 40% seems to come off the price of the car after two years and I plan on keeping it a very long time.
i think you should consider renting a cheap econobox car for another week or two. you can usually shop around at different Enterprise and Hertz rental car places and get something cheap - prices vary by location even within the same company so shop around! i've seen them for as low as $9.99/day. why do i suggest this? because you never want to negotiate with a gun to your head. you will not negotiate the best price nor will you get the exact car you want if you are pressured into the deal because you have to worry about returning a rental car. the couple bucks extra you spend on the extra days with the rental car buys you time to shop and negotiate and you should make that up in spades with your final purchase both financially and in satisfaction and happiness. take your time and don't be in a rush. you never want to be in a rush and in too much of a hurry when buying a car and/or making a deal! there is power in the ability to walk away. good luck.
Old 01-16-17, 07:59 PM
hooterbif
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gekko
i think you should consider renting a cheap econobox car for another week or two.
Thanks.

I have a nice RAV4 for $25/day, so I guess I could keep that for a few weeks. Maybe I could even convince the dealer to give me a "loaner" while I "test drive" their ES300h.
Old 01-17-17, 06:30 AM
Fillykonk
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Not sure where in NY you are and your access to other Lexus dealers but unless you are totally happy with the above-mentioned vehicle I would continue to shop around until you find exactly what you are looking for considering you will be keeping the car a long time. Just my .02.