ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Parents looking for new ES350

Old 01-26-13, 05:26 PM
ASILVER
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parents looking for new ES350

Hey all,
I have an 07GS, parents have a 10RX and a 2004 ES (with 40k miles LOL)

Dad's sick, I've been at their house(Austin) helping out for the last 3 months and since he's stable I'm moving home (Dallas) next weekend.

They said they want to go ahead and trade in the 2004 for the 2013, we're all pretty familiar with Lexus and I went to cars.com and put in the request for the car they want, but figured I'd post here to see if y'all can give any advice, or have strong data on pricing / packages, whatnot.

Looking for
2013 ES 350
Gray
Black interior w/ perforated leather
Navigation w / back up camera
*possibly blind spot monitoring
looked through the options, to make it simpler they want
Luxury package.
Power tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel
Lexus Memory System for driver’s seat, outside mirrors and steering wheel
Remote keyless entry-linked memory
Perforated leather-trimmed interior
Heated and ventilated front seats
besides that all they really want is the cargo net.

Due to my dad's situation (brain cancer) we all don't have a lot of time or patience to look at reviews, research, haggle, so no I didn't search first, and I appreciate any input you can give.

Any advice on options that are really great for 2013?
Any advice on price, or discounts people are able to get with the model being so new?

Thanks again for your help in advance.....As mentioned I already put out a request on cars.com for 3 dealerships, but, really, if there's a better approach just let me know!
Old 01-26-13, 06:48 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Sorry to hear about your Dad's health. Went through that with my Dad a couple years ago, rough.

The car they want is readily stocked at dealerships, MSRP is $43,700 or so. Should have no problems finding one optioned just like he wants.
Old 01-27-13, 02:56 AM
ElliotB
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Costco's auto program (you must be a member to use) and TruCar.com are both excellent.
Old 01-27-13, 08:40 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

I don't know that I would even go through all that, people are buying the ES for about $2k off the sticker, sounds like time is more important than getting the absolute best deal, I'd go in and offer them $41k for the car and I bet the deal gets closed pretty quick.
Old 01-27-13, 08:56 AM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Also, I seem to recall Sewell's in TX has pretty good deals to CL members, including parts. You may want to call/email for prices. You may get it at 'invoice' since there are more E350s around.

Good luck. Art
Old 01-27-13, 10:10 AM
calmondo
Driver School Candidate

Include Blind Spot Monitoring. It turned out to be one of the best features on my new 2013 ES 350.
Old 01-27-13, 10:41 AM
rcsail
Driver School Candidate

Hi Asilver,
so sorry the auto purchase is at a difficult time. Sounds like your parents are fortunate to have you around.
Wife just purchased a 13 ES non H. Very happy with it and some nice refinements to the prior generation ES. The Luxury package should provide most of the interior features desired. The blind spot monitor and rear traffic alert is $500 and I think a neat and valuable feature. This was our 6th Lexus all purchased from same Lex dealer so we play the repeat customer in our purchase negotiations. Her purchase price was 94-95% of msrp(northwest Ilinois). I think she jumped a bit to soon and may have been able to save another $200-300 with some more negotiation. The 04 sounds like a nice condition vehicle. If you have time I would have Carmax give you a buy apprasial so you have a good starting point for the trade value of the 04. We did that with our prior 2 Lexus and the Carmax purchase was $1500-$2000 more than the dealer would do on trade. Good luck.
Old 02-01-13, 04:53 PM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by ASILVER
Hey all,
I have an 07GS, parents have a 10RX and a 2004 ES (with 40k miles LOL)

Dad's sick, I've been at their house(Austin) helping out for the last 3 months and since he's stable I'm moving home (Dallas) next weekend.

They said they want to go ahead and trade in the 2004 for the 2013, we're all pretty familiar with Lexus and I went to cars.com and put in the request for the car they want, but figured I'd post here to see if y'all can give any advice, or have strong data on pricing / packages, whatnot.

Looking for
2013 ES 350
Gray
Black interior w/ perforated leather
Navigation w / back up camera
*possibly blind spot monitoring
looked through the options, to make it simpler they want
Luxury package.
Power tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel
Lexus Memory System for driver’s seat, outside mirrors and steering wheel
Remote keyless entry-linked memory
Perforated leather-trimmed interior
Heated and ventilated front seats
besides that all they really want is the cargo net.

Due to my dad's situation (brain cancer) we all don't have a lot of time or patience to look at reviews, research, haggle, so no I didn't search first, and I appreciate any input you can give.

Any advice on options that are really great for 2013?
Any advice on price, or discounts people are able to get with the model being so new?

Thanks again for your help in advance.....As mentioned I already put out a request on cars.com for 3 dealerships, but, really, if there's a better approach just let me know!
Hey I feel your pain, my pops is going through the same thing, we just got him into a new ES and plan to pick it up tomorrow with the same features. Now I can tell you just come to them with a number for the car first then try to factor the trades in last, honestly if there are two or three dealerships in the area I would try to quickly get there sale numbers and then try to make a deal best on the best, that's what I did for my father. Good luck to your father hope he gets better.