ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Audio As Default Screen

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-13, 01:17 PM
ladyrocket
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Audio As Default Screen

Does anyone know if on the '13 ES can the default screen be the audio screen. When not using nav I would like for the screen to display the audio Im currently listening to. When I switch to audio it stays momentarily but always goes back to the maps and nav screen. Can that be changed? Thanks.
Old 01-04-13, 02:42 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Yep, theres a setting in the settings menu to stop it from reverting back to the navigation map.
Old 01-04-13, 02:50 PM
ElliotB
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is there a quick way to get to the audio screen without going to the main menu?
Old 01-04-13, 02:54 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Not sure on the ES, on the GS if you keep the right third of the screen on audio you can just click over to the whole audio screen without having to go through the menu, but the GS has the big split screen.
Old 01-04-13, 03:14 PM
ladyrocket
Driver School Candidate

SW10ES do you know which option on the settings it is? Thanks
Old 01-04-13, 03:21 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

It should be in the settings for the navigation system. If in doubt, consult the manual
Old 01-04-13, 03:48 PM
ALIGN
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ElliotB
Is there a quick way to get to the audio screen without going to the main menu?
Yes, press the RADIO button.
Old 01-04-13, 04:19 PM
JerryKK
Driver

Originally Posted by ALIGN
Yes, press the RADIO button.
However, by pressing the radio button it only stays for about 15 +- seconds and then reverts back to Nav. But a few of the responses above were spot on for audio staying on without reverting back.
Old 01-04-13, 04:39 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You learn something new everyday coming to CL without having to read thru the freak'in 2 volume manual. I was wondering the same thing about displaying only the radio. I don't recall seeing it in the settings, but that does make sense so now I've got to go find it. Thanks.

Art
Old 01-04-13, 04:54 PM
Kabajaro
Driver School Candidate

Press the "Media" button next to the volume ****. Also you can choose to have half of your screen to be NAV and the other to Audio, etc. by selecting one of the options on the left of the NAV while it's on.
Also, did you know that when your songs are on random (via bluetooth or USB media), pressing the shortcut on your steering wheel and the Track button will randomize the song but turning the right **** won't (it will go to the next/prev track)? And holding the shortcut for a quick second will unrandomize it.
Old 01-05-13, 08:29 PM
ALIGN
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To prevent the display from changing back to NAV or defaults to what ever the last screen when vehicle is off, here's how:

MENU -> Setup -> General -> Auto Screen Change = OFF, the SAVE.
Old 01-05-13, 11:23 PM
JerryKK
Driver

I asked this question a while back with no satisfactory answer - I'll try again (now that there are many more ES owners on here): I have Sirius and I have all of the 36 presets set up for various Sirius channels. If I am on preset #10 and want to go to preset #30 - what is the quickest way of doing this? The only two ways I know are (a) hitting the up/down arrows on the steering wheel (which is not very quick) or (b) hitting the radio button or the nav system and then going through the pages with the mouse until I come to the right preset (which isn't very safe - eyes belong on the road and not the screen). Am I missing something here?
Old 01-06-13, 01:48 AM
ElliotB
Lead Lap

Thanks for the tips everyone!

To quickly scroll down the list (while the list is displayed), press the up or down arrow button (located on the center console between the menu button and Map button).

I don't know if there is any was to directly access a station but it may be possible it can be done through the voice commands (not sure - I can't find a way), but it would probably be faster just to scroll through the list anyway.

Last edited by ElliotB; 01-06-13 at 03:22 AM.
Old 01-06-13, 03:26 PM
JerryKK
Driver

Originally Posted by ElliotB
Thanks for the tips everyone!

To quickly scroll down the list (while the list is displayed), press the up or down arrow button (located on the center console between the menu button and Map button).

I don't know if there is any was to directly access a station but it may be possible it can be done through the voice commands (not sure - I can't find a way), but it would probably be faster just to scroll through the list anyway.
Right - I was aware of the scrolling. I am trying to find a quick way of doing it without looking at the navigation screen. I have held the up/down button on the steering wheel and what happens (when you hold it down and keep holding it down) is that not only does it go through the presets it goes through all 100 + Sirius stations - so that really doesn't help.
Old 01-06-13, 05:50 PM
ElliotB
Lead Lap

Its too bad there is not a numerical keypad to make quick entries.

Quick Reply: Audio As Default Screen