Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 6ES forum for discussion about shared components with other sixth generation ES models.

es300h console storage space

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-13, 09:09 AM
Fynack
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default es300h console storage space

Anyone else think theres just no where to put your phone or other items? Anyone have any solutions to add some storage areas?
Old 06-13-13, 11:48 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 613 Likes on 461 Posts

Console seems plenty big to me. Do you have an old brick phone?
Old 06-13-13, 01:07 PM
Fynack
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mike728
Console seems plenty big to me. Do you have an old brick phone?
Sorry , i was referring to more of the dash/shifter area. The only spots available are the two cup holders.
Old 06-13-13, 02:06 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 613 Likes on 461 Posts

How about the door pockets?
Old 06-13-13, 03:01 PM
Photios
Driver School Candidate

The 2013 Avalon has a nice storage area specifically under the dash near the shifter. What I have done for my cell phone is to put a sticky mat which covers most of the cup holder and the flat area between the cup holder and the shifter. I put my iPhone on the sticky mat whenever I enter the car. I lose a cup holder in this scenario, but... I do have complete access to my phone. My phone charger is plugged into the accessory port in the center console, and i run the cable out of the center console.
Attached Thumbnails es300h console storage space-es-and-sticky-mat.jpg  
Old 06-15-13, 05:43 PM
pintado
Driver School Candidate

I just put my iPhone 5 (in a belt case) in the cup holder shown in the above photo. The lid closes fine, hiding the phone. I can also run the USB charging cable into the cup holder when required (with the phone out of the case).
Old 06-15-13, 05:53 PM
pintado
Driver School Candidate

It might be feasible to drill a 5/16" (or as required) hole through the forward wall of the center console into the cup holder body and then run the USB charging cable directly into the cup holder. Just a thought if you're into drilling holes in your car...
Old 06-16-13, 03:52 AM
steig
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Could use additional 12 volt outlets also. Maybe 1 or 2 near dash.
Old 06-17-13, 05:29 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by pintado
It might be feasible to drill a 5/16" (or as required) hole through the forward wall of the center console into the cup holder body and then run the USB charging cable directly into the cup holder. Just a thought if you're into drilling holes in your car...
I route my wire down the side of the seat so it doesn't show, and back up to the cup holder. No need to advertise you have electronics for the taking.
Old 06-17-13, 11:12 PM
Brillo258
Driver School Candidate

I use the same area on the console as Photios posted. I'm a new ES 300h owner and thought that the storage might seem limited. But after owning a month, I don't feel that way at all. Coming from an '07 Camry Hybrid that had a nice storage well in the center console, I had originally intended to use the driver side cup holder as a storage well. But I find that keeping my phone resting on top gives easier access. The USB cord runs easily out from under the armrest and my phone case provides enough anti-skid (though I have a rubber pad like Photios waiting if needed).

I had also wondered about giving up a cup holder for a drink, but my wife now likes to keep her water bottle in the side door storage pocket. There's a rounded recess towards the front of the pocket that accommodates a water bottle.
Old 06-18-13, 09:04 AM
Photios
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Brillo258
I use the same area on the console as Photios posted. I'm a new ES 300h owner and thought that the storage might seem limited. But after owning a month, I don't feel that way at all. Coming from an '07 Camry Hybrid that had a nice storage well in the center console, I had originally intended to use the driver side cup holder as a storage well. But I find that keeping my phone resting on top gives easier access. The USB cord runs easily out from under the armrest and my phone case provides enough anti-skid (though I have a rubber pad like Photios waiting if needed).
I used to just leave my phone on top without the sticky pad... however, I began to notice some scratches on the "piano" finish of the black plastic. I decided that no matter how careful I was in cleaning the plastic with a microfiber cloth (which I always keep in the glove box), it was better to put a pad down so I don't get more scratches from the constant placement of the phone on the surface.
Old 06-18-13, 09:44 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,234 Likes on 866 Posts

Originally Posted by steig
Could use additional 12 volt outlets also. Maybe 1 or 2 near dash.
Additional 12v outlets would be nice. Somewhere under the dash but easily accessible. Just give me a sunglass holder and I'm happy...
Old 06-18-13, 11:10 AM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Photios
I used to just leave my phone on top without the sticky pad... however, I began to notice some scratches on the "piano" finish of the black plastic. I decided that no matter how careful I was in cleaning the plastic with a microfiber cloth (which I always keep in the glove box), it was better to put a pad down so I don't get more scratches from the constant placement of the phone on the surface.
My leather case on my phone doesn't scratch the black plastic, and stays put. No need for a mat or pad.
Old 06-20-13, 10:46 PM
Brillo258
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bc6152
Additional 12v outlets would be nice. Somewhere under the dash but easily accessible. Just give me a sunglass holder and I'm happy...
Got to agree with you on that one, really wish they had put a sunglass holder in this car!!!
Old 07-11-13, 12:31 PM
Neoxagon
Driver

Originally Posted by Brillo258
Got to agree with you on that one, really wish they had put a sunglass holder in this car!!!
Hopefully, we'll see a dedicated sunglasses holder like in the Avalon in the 2014.

Quick Reply: es300h console storage space