ES 300h - need some info

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-12, 07:26 AM
tin369
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ES 300h - need some info

Hi all,

New here to the fourm, so first wanted to say "Hi" to everyone.

We have never owned a Lexus but last year I got to drive a RX350h and although I liked the comfort of the car and the luxury aspect of it, driving was not so fun.

We have a BMW 3 series and a Toyota rav4. wife drives the bmw and i drive the Rav 4 V6.

I have a long commute of 1+ hr one way everyday and want a camfortable car. The bmw 3 series is great car but we leaased it,dont want to own t after ist out of warranty.

I have always liked the interiors of Lexus, it's so refined and the setas looks so comfortable.

I am thikning about the new ES300h, but I don't know much about hybrids and particularly this car. WIll it be boring to drive, I know it will not be a 3 series driving experience, becuase after the initial months or luxy and comfort I don't want the driving to get boring.
I like the look and the interior of the 300h and the gas milage. but its a sedan,
Can you guys (owners) of 300h give me some insight into the car.

I will be trading in the 2009 rav4 for this.

Also, I am not in a hurry so when is usually a good time to get the best incentives on lexus.

Anyone from Delaware? which dealership have you had good experiennce with? which SA?
Old 10-24-12, 07:36 AM
uicandrew
Pole Position

I'll comment on the incentives. The deal you get depends on the region. Cali is getting below invoice prices and other places are full msrp due to the popularity.

In December, they have "December to remember " event where there is special financing. 1.9 for 5 years or 0.9 for 1-2 years or something like that.

I think there is another event at another point of the yeAr but December to remember is the biggest one.
Old 10-24-12, 08:05 AM
tin369
Rookie

So what is the current financing rate when there are no special going on?

Also, I have rea d afew threads talking aboutbuying through Costco and getting a better deal, can someone elaborate.
Old 10-24-12, 08:26 AM
MY100thcar
Driver

Originally Posted by tin369
Hi all,

New here to the fourm, so first wanted to say "Hi" to everyone"

We have a BMW 3 series and a Toyota rav4. wife drives the bmw and i drive the Rav 4 V6.

I am thikning about the new ES300h, but I don't know much about hybrids and particularly this car. WIll it be boring to drive, I know it will not be a 3 series driving experience, becuase after the initial months or luxy and comfort I don't want the driving to get boring.
I like the look and the interior of the 300h and the gas milage. but its a sedan,

I have the 300h and love just about everything about it.
What is boring to you?
You say you drive the rav4...I have driven a rav4 to me that is boring.
The 300h will ride, and even corner way better, without the road noise you now get.
Old 10-24-12, 08:33 AM
tin369
Rookie

I did not mean to offend any Lexus owner. I was mearing trying to say that compared to the 3 series the lexus might not be as much fun.

But will it be more fun to drive the ES than my RAV4 V6? I should probably test drive and fidn out myself, but until then I was hoping to get some info from teh owners that all.

I dont mean to bash Lexus, i have never owned one but have always admired their quality and comfort.

Also, how compatible is the car with the new Iphone 5. I am also wondering with yesterday annopucement of the ipad mini if I shoud l get the navigation. I can use the apple map to navigation. This will save some money. any thoughts?
Old 10-24-12, 08:44 AM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus.

I would probably get navigation with your new Lexus even though there are some other options including the new ipad out there. With nav you get quite a few other features like programming settings, enform, and radio features along with a larger display. With the 2013 you do get the backup camera even without nav. And then there is always resale to consider.

And I think in comparison to the Rav4 you will enjoy the commute a bit more even though a commute of that distance is going to get a little boring in almost anything.

Dave Mac
Old 10-24-12, 08:45 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I did not mean to offend any Lexus owner. I was mearing trying to say that compared to the 3 series the lexus might not be as much fun.

But will it be more fun to drive the ES than my RAV4 V6? I should probably test drive and fidn out myself, but until then I was hoping to get some info from teh owners that all.

I dont mean to bash Lexus, i have never owned one but have always admired their quality and comfort.

Also, how compatible is the car with the new Iphone 5. I am also wondering with yesterday annopucement of the ipad mini if I shoud l get the navigation. I can use the apple map to navigation. This will save some money. any thoughts?

Obviously the 300h will be boring to drive compared to a 3 Series.The 300h will ride smoother and quieter,though.That may be boring to you.
Fun to drive over a RAV4 V6?It's a totally different vehicle.I can't see a RAV4 being fun to drive.
Don't know about the iphone 5 but my Galaxy S3 paired fine.
Old 10-24-12, 10:35 AM
tin369
Rookie

Originally Posted by Dave Mac
Welcome to Club Lexus.

I would probably get navigation with your new Lexus even though there are some other options including the new ipad out there. With nav you get quite a few other features like programming settings, enform, and radio features along with a larger display. With the 2013 you do get the backup camera even without nav. And then there is always resale to consider.

Dave Mac
Well, I have to see what extra feature it comes with I usually drive aroudn areas I know and if I need to go somewhere new I us emy iphone's maps and it works our fine.
Old 10-24-12, 12:34 PM
MikeP
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi all,

New here to the fourm, so first wanted to say "Hi" to everyone.

We have never owned a Lexus but last year I got to drive a RX350h and although I liked the comfort of the car and the luxury aspect of it, driving was not so fun.

I have a long commute of 1+ hr one way everyday and want a camfortable car. The bmw 3 series is great car but we leaased it,dont want to own t after ist out of warranty.

I have always liked the interiors of Lexus, it's so refined and the setas looks so comfortable.

Also, I am not in a hurry so when is usually a good time to get the best incentives on lexus.

Anyone from Delaware? which dealership have you had good experiennce with? which SA?
Maybe you should check out the IS350 or a GS 350 instead of an ES if you are looking for something that compares to a BMW driving experience and want a Lexus.
Old 10-24-12, 01:54 PM
uicandrew
Pole Position

I agree, IS series or GS is good for sportiness. But try the es300h hybrid. The torque of the electric engine is quite nice.
Old 10-25-12, 05:11 AM
tin369
Rookie

Thanks for recommending the IS350 and the GS 350.

The last time I test drove the IS250 it was it was underpowered and too small, useless back seat.

I think the IS350 although will have more power but for the money I can get a bigger car with the ES300h plus the gas milage is better.

The GS 350 looks good, but too pricey and not close in comparision to the MPS that ES300h provied.

How are Lexus CPO. Do you think I should consider CPO's maybe.
Any CPO owneres wanna shar etheir experience.
Old 10-25-12, 05:30 AM
uicandrew
Pole Position

This is the first year of es300h. None will be available as a CPO, unless u get really lucky.
Old 10-25-12, 05:33 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for recommending the IS350 and the GS 350.

The last time I test drove the IS250 it was it was underpowered and too small, useless back seat.

I think the IS350 although will have more power but for the money I can get a bigger car with the ES300h plus the gas milage is better.

The GS 350 looks good, but too pricey and not close in comparision to the MPS that ES300h provied.

How are Lexus CPO. Do you think I should consider CPO's maybe.
Any CPO owneres wanna shar etheir experience.

You may find a CPO '13 GS350 like this asking price of $46995 one near me.Some haggling and getting over $10K off GS original sticker.Maybe the cost of or less than a ES300h.

http://www.tricountylexus.com/Vehicl...-NJ/1820925073

Last edited by Joeb427; 10-25-12 at 05:40 AM.
Old 10-25-12, 06:02 AM
uicandrew
Pole Position

It should also be noted that they redesigned many of the lines this year. So getting any 2012 may look "dated" (ie- the old grill design)
Old 10-25-12, 07:20 AM
tin369
Rookie

Yeah, I meant 2013 CPO coz I like the the new designs of the Lexus than the old ones.

But It would be hard to get a new model CPO so soon, I will test drive both the ES and the GS. Although the GS has more power, I think unless like the CPO post above I get a great deal, I think I will be sticking to teh ES atleast thats what I am telling myself, After test drive might be another story.

Does the Lexus use regular or premium gas?
What I liked about Lexus delaership where I inquired via email yesterday was, the SA called me and asked me what I was lookifg for, even after telling him that I am not buying imediatley his tone did not change and maintained the same interest.

I told him that I don't thikn I want the navigation as I can use my iphone or ipad for maps etc and he said thats a good choice and that way you would save some extra $$$$.

I liked that he did not try to upsell the navigation and what I will be missing.

Now waiting to test these out...

I am flip flopping now between, buying vs leasing vs CPO

Quick Reply: ES 300h - need some info