ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Custom Order Time Frame 300H

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-12, 02:06 AM
Creid
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so I just got my Vin #!! Supposedly my dealer just got the email of it from Japan yesterday. Also according to him I will recieve it in January (although he couldn't give me an exact date). So when you have a vin # does that mean your car has been built? Or just that it is queue to be built? Im pretty excited to say the least!!
Old 12-11-12, 06:26 AM
DASMan
Rookie

I don't know how you guys do it. The wait is driving me CRAZY...

I ordered my ES 300h back on Oct 16 and the Dealer order was entered on the 18. I got the usual 3 - 4 month answer for an ETA for the car.

What perplexes me is the fact that no one can tell me when the car is going to hit production. The Dealership says that they won't know anything until it gets ready to ship and when I called Lexus Customer Service, they couldn't give me any info and contacted the Dealership which gave them the same answer.

Is this normal for a Lexus special order? I mean I can track and get status on a $10 Amazon order, but the fact that I can't get a status on a $50,000 car is way beyond my comprehension.

Comments, suggestions, snide remarks all welcome!
Old 12-11-12, 07:12 AM
uicandrew
Pole Position

The wait is what caused me to search out other dealerships for a car that was close to what I want. I mean 4 months is a 1/3 of a year (or model year). I lucked out and found something close to what I wanted (except it had the power trunk) but now I love the power trunk !
Old 12-11-12, 08:08 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 173 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by DASMan
I don't know how you guys do it. The wait is driving me CRAZY...

I ordered my ES 300h back on Oct 16 and the Dealer order was entered on the 18. I got the usual 3 - 4 month answer for an ETA for the car.

What perplexes me is the fact that no one can tell me when the car is going to hit production. The Dealership says that they won't know anything until it gets ready to ship and when I called Lexus Customer Service, they couldn't give me any info and contacted the Dealership which gave them the same answer.

Is this normal for a Lexus special order? I mean I can track and get status on a $10 Amazon order, but the fact that I can't get a status on a $50,000 car is way beyond my comprehension.

Comments, suggestions, snide remarks all welcome!
Your dealer should be able to do a vehicle inquiry and see if it is at least in Category A, that means it is allocated, I believe that means it is in line to be built. As far as I know the next step is the build, my dealer was able to tell me 2 weeks ago that it was scheduled to be built that week. However, now two weeks later, he still does not have a VIN or Vessel name. Since the ships hold 4,000 to 6,000 cars I guess they have to have that many lined up before the ship comes into port to be loaded. I email my salesman every 2 weeks for an update and he gets back to me that day with whatever he can find out. I ordered mine late September and it looks like it will be available to pick up mid to late January.
Old 12-11-12, 09:33 AM
ElliotB
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My dealer gave me a build date about 3 or weeks ago, with the actual build date I believe around the 22nd of November. The vehicle is scheduled to be in port on the 26th, which I believe is correct as he did have the vessel's name. And hopefully it will be in my hands just a few days later. FWIW, I ordered mine early September so it appears like others that 3-4 months is really 4 months.
Old 12-11-12, 12:06 PM
Briano7
Driver School Candidate

I ordered my 2013 ES300h on Oct. 1, 2012. And took delivery on Saturday Dec. 8.
So far I love it.
Old 12-11-12, 04:22 PM
DASMan
Rookie

Originally Posted by uicandrew
The wait is what caused me to search out other dealerships for a car that was close to what I want. I mean 4 months is a 1/3 of a year (or model year). I lucked out and found something close to what I wanted (except it had the power trunk) but now I love the power trunk !
I would have loved to be able to do that uicandrew, but for my mix of options and in/out color it was impossible.

According to the Lexus production reports, there wasn't a single 300h manufactured with a Deep Sea Mica exterior and a Black Leather interior int the Ultra Luxury package. So there wasn't even hope of snatching one in production to just add the remainder of the options to...

While the wait is making me daffy, I'm at least getting a chance to research PPF's, Window Films, installers and Detail Shops so I'm ready to get that all done once I do pick the car up from the dealer
Old 12-11-12, 08:12 PM
uicandrew
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DASMan
I would have loved to be able to do that uicandrew, but for my mix of options and in/out color it was impossible.

According to the Lexus production reports, there wasn't a single 300h manufactured with a Deep Sea Mica exterior and a Black Leather interior int the Ultra Luxury package. So there wasn't even hope of snatching one in production to just add the remainder of the options to...

While the wait is making me daffy, I'm at least getting a chance to research PPF's, Window Films, installers and Detail Shops so I'm ready to get that all done once I do pick the car up from the dealer
Ah, I went for the 300h Deep Sea Mica and Parchment with ultraluxury. I actually thought I saw a Deep Sea Mica and Black with ultraluxury at the dealership a few weeks ago. I didn't want a black interior so i ruled it out completely. It's in Illinois near Chicago.

would you be willing to drive to another state to get your car without the wait?
Old 12-12-12, 01:57 AM
Creid
Driver School Candidate

Kinda curious, if you have received a VIN # does that mean your car has been built? If so that makes me a happy person!!
Old 12-12-12, 02:16 AM
DASMan
Rookie

Originally Posted by uicandrew
Ah, I went for the 300h Deep Sea Mica and Parchment with ultraluxury. I actually thought I saw a Deep Sea Mica and Black with ultraluxury at the dealership a few weeks ago. I didn't want a black interior so i ruled it out completely. It's in Illinois near Chicago.

would you be willing to drive to another state to get your car without the wait?
Unless the dealerships are willing to trade cars and the car in question is fully loaded, no. I already have a 5k deposit on my build and I wouldn't want to loose that. Nor would I want a car any less equipped than what I ordered. What dealership was it so I can look into it?
Old 12-12-12, 03:55 AM
ElliotB
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Deposits are fully refundable.
Old 12-12-12, 07:23 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 173 Likes on 151 Posts

My ES300h UL left port today headed to the USA on London Highway
Old 12-12-12, 07:53 AM
Creid
Driver School Candidate

Hope my car is on that ship also!! Since your in Georgia, and im in Mass, we should get them a few days apart from each other! Im thinking at least 2-3 weeks longer.
Old 12-12-12, 08:41 AM
uicandrew
Pole Position

The lexus isn't fully loaded. It didn't have pre collision. That I know for sure. Well, I hope u get yours soon!
Old 12-12-12, 09:12 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Is anyone seeing more inventory at the dealerships? Just wondering if supplies are catching up demand yet?

Quick Reply: Custom Order Time Frame 300H