ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Custom Order Time Frame 300H

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-12, 07:32 PM
uicandrew
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had a car that was "allocated" to me and a price was agreed on and i put a deposit down. when i asked for an update on the car, i was given a handout with the options, price, on it. but it had more options than the car we initially agreed on. (an extra $600 - remote starter and door guards)

Is this common for an allocated car (that was not yet built) to get added options at the factory ?
Old 11-17-12, 06:39 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 172 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by KennyLexus
EXCITED!!! Dealership emailed me today informing me that he will give me an ETA on Monday or Tuesday. The spread sheet shows the vehicle build codes and my name as the recipient
When did you order it?
Old 11-17-12, 06:42 AM
jollick
Racer

Originally Posted by uicandrew
i had a car that was "allocated" to me and a price was agreed on and i put a deposit down. when i asked for an update on the car, i was given a handout with the options, price, on it. but it had more options than the car we initially agreed on. (an extra $600 - remote starter and door guards)

Is this common for an allocated car (that was not yet built) to get added options at the factory ?
That did not happen to my order. I would take it up with the dealer, perhaps they will throw in the extra options, if they did not build it yet, see if the dealer can have them removed.
Old 11-17-12, 08:16 AM
MikeP
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jollick
That did not happen to my order. I would take it up with the dealer, perhaps they will throw in the extra options, if they did not build it yet, see if the dealer can have them removed.
Sometimes those options are added at the port or can be removed at the port. My car had body side moldings on the invoice which I did not want. My sales person had them removed when the car hit the port and deducted the cost from the selling price.
Old 11-17-12, 08:19 AM
KennyLexus
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jollick
When did you order it?
I put a deposit down on it in late August. Not really sure when the dealership actually placed the order.
Old 11-17-12, 11:20 AM
uicandrew
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MikeP
Sometimes those options are added at the port or can be removed at the port. My car had body side moldings on the invoice which I did not want. My sales person had them removed when the car hit the port and deducted the cost from the selling price.
It was a remote starter that was added. The vin weren't even the same. They said they would charge mr the invoice price for the added option. I'm not found to pay extra for an option that I didn't order. I think I'll order a different model and let them sell the other
Old 11-21-12, 11:47 AM
KennyLexus
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bummer

Just received my build date from the dealership...11-27-12. So, I should take delivery at the end of December or the first week in January. I was hoping that I would have it by Thanksgiving. When they say 3-4 months, they mean it.
Old 11-21-12, 12:04 PM
jollick
Racer

I certainly hope if they have any special financing, like 1.9% for the December to Remember event, they extend it to those of us that have been waiting for months, if the delivery is in January.
Old 11-27-12, 03:42 AM
Creid
Driver School Candidate

Cool

Originally Posted by KennyLexus
Bummer

Just received my build date from the dealership...11-27-12. So, I should take delivery at the end of December or the first week in January. I was hoping that I would have it by Thanksgiving. When they say 3-4 months, they mean it.
Hopefully my car is right behind yours! If you ordered yours late August, with a build date of Nov 27 (today), then mine being ordered early Sept, will probably have a build date sometime in Dec, with delivery probably in Jan

Oh well cheers to waiting!!
Old 11-27-12, 05:14 AM
jollick
Racer

Creid, ask your dealer for an update, I heard from my dealer yesterday that my 2013 ES 300h UL loaded was due to be built this week with delivery most likely the 1st or 2nd week of January 2013. I placed my order the 3rd weekend of September but I think they may have already had an allocated vehicle with the same color combo, Starfire Pearl/Parchment, and were able to add the options to the order.

Last edited by jollick; 11-27-12 at 05:17 AM.
Old 11-27-12, 05:41 AM
uicandrew
Pole Position

I agree with jollick. I thought about special ordering but I found a dealer who had the exact options and color combo I wanted. Maybe they are making a wider variety now.

I asked the dealer what was the estimated time for a custom build and it was 4 months.
Old 11-27-12, 05:58 AM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

I ordered my ES 350 on September 19th (just ahead of the 20th cutoff date) for December delivery and it arrived in the port on November 21st and I am scheduled to take delivery from the dealer this Friday November 30th. Deal included any December incentives which in my case is only going to be the first months lease payment covered - which is not bad on a new model.

Dave Mac
Old 11-27-12, 07:24 AM
Creid
Driver School Candidate

Wow davemac thats impressive.... Was it a fully loaded car?

I ordered a fully loaded car, with lane departure, and all the other tech I could have in it.
Old 11-27-12, 07:51 AM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Pretty well equipped luxury package with leather but no lane departure. I wanted the power trunk opener, standard 17" wheels (which I've yet to see but plan to replace them on day one) no rear window sun screen or port installed accessory pack other than the trunk carpet. And I was trying to slow things down for the December incentives so it worked out just right. My lease runs out today.

Dave Mac
Old 11-27-12, 08:08 AM
uicandrew
Pole Position

DaveMac's config seems pretty standard except for the power trunk and the power sunshade. Lane departure usually doesn't bundled with luxury package.

Lexus seems to bundle the sunshade with EVERYTHING.

Creid, what was your color combo? Maybe that's the rare part of your custom build?

Quick Reply: Custom Order Time Frame 300H