ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Custom Order Time Frame 300H

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-12, 09:29 PM
uicandrew
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah ok. I put down a deposit and have all the numbers negotiated (incl trade in), but I would be tempted with a more expensive model (adding mark levinson)
Old 10-28-12, 11:21 AM
mplopez
Rookie

Originally Posted by A320pilot
I negotiated a price along with the trade offer on the black one. The silver one had the same exact options so I went with the silver one. Got a descent deal and a great trade in offer on the 2010 hs250h and everything I asked for. Overall, Im pleased with everything. I liked both colors, but thought, black on black may be to much BLACK for me. I pick up the car on Wednesday.

Delay was 14 to 20 days. Gave me no reason.
I'm contemplating on getting an ES300H. How much did you get yours down to so I know how much the dealership would be willing to go?
Old 10-29-12, 06:04 AM
A320pilot
Driver

Originally Posted by mplopez
I'm contemplating on getting an ES300H. How much did you get yours down to so I know how much the dealership would be willing to go?
Here is my deal:
Factory Options: Luxury Package, Navigation System Pkg. Preferred Accessory Pkg. blind spot monitor, intuitive park assist, Leather Perforated heated front seats, leather/bamboo heated steering wheel, power rear sunshade, rain sensing wipers w/deicer. Accy Pckg. High Intensity Discharge Headlamps.
Msrp - $46,312.00

Pd - 44442 + $1,604.38 TTL
Dealer add Factory Remote Start No Charge
Tires Switched from Bridgestone to Michelin No Charge
3m Clear Bra $550
Body side molding $109.09 (Sewell) Dealer install No Charge
1.9% financing 60 months
$46,705.47 minus trade HS250h

Last edited by A320pilot; 10-29-12 at 01:15 PM.
Old 10-29-12, 08:32 AM
uicandrew
Pole Position

That's exactly the configuration I got. Did they have a lot of es300h at the dealership to do a switch to the michelins? I also want Michelin but there may not be any more 300h to do the switch with.
Old 10-29-12, 09:11 AM
A320pilot
Driver

Originally Posted by uicandrew
That's exactly the configuration I got. Did they have a lot of es300h at the dealership to do a switch to the michelins? I also want Michelin but there may not be any more 300h to do the switch with.
They had one to make the switch.....My dealer has a few on their lot.
Old 10-29-12, 09:14 AM
MikeP
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by uicandrew
Most, if not all Lexus dealers sell OEM tires so your dealer should either have the Michelins in stock or the ability to order them, if there is no other ES to swap with.
Old 11-07-12, 09:06 AM
Creid
Driver School Candidate

Heard from my dealer (salesperson) yesterday!! I got all excited when I saw the # appear on my cell phone!!! Unfortunatly he was calling me to let me know that they still don't know anything about my car (havent heard anything), but will keep me informed!!

Ordered on Sept 10th....So Nov 10th will be my 2 month mark.... According to the dealer it could take up to 4 months meaning 2 more months of this waiting!!!

I thought these plants could pump out hundreds to thousands of cars per day!! Oh well....back to the waiting game!
Old 11-07-12, 11:29 AM
uicandrew
Pole Position

For custom orders, the time frame I've read about is 3-4 months. I "ordered" a preconfigured one that was in the process of being built. I got it in a few days before the oct 20 cutoff and I was told to expect a mid to late November delivery. As long as I get it during the December to remember event, I'll be happy.
Old 11-07-12, 05:42 PM
KennyLexus
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Creid
Heard from my dealer (salesperson) yesterday!! I got all excited when I saw the # appear on my cell phone!!! Unfortunatly he was calling me to let me know that they still don't know anything about my car (havent heard anything), but will keep me informed!!

Ordered on Sept 10th....So Nov 10th will be my 2 month mark.... According to the dealer it could take up to 4 months meaning 2 more months of this waiting!!!

I thought these plants could pump out hundreds to thousands of cars per day!! Oh well....back to the waiting game!
I called to the dealer today to check on the status of my special order and a Thanksgiving delivery is not looking good. He said that it's looking like the first half of December...I ordered it in late August. A lady had called before I did wanting to know the status of her special order RX hybrid.
Old 11-13-12, 07:01 PM
jollick
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

I ordered my fully loaded ES300h UL on September 22 and just got my allocation number, it is 777 with a lock date of 11/17/12. Anyone have any idea how much longer it may take to ship and get to the US? Anyone else have an allocation number they want to share and the date they ordered it?

12/21/12 Update: The car shipped from Japan 12/12/12.

Last edited by jollick; 12-21-12 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-13-12, 10:00 PM
KennyLexus
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jollick
I ordered my fully loaded ES300h UL on September 22 and just got my allocation number, it is 777 with a lock date of 11/17/12. Anyone have any idea how much longer it may take to ship and get to the US? Anyone else have an allocation number they want to share and the date they ordered it?
All I know is I better have mine before you get yours because I placed my deposit in late August
Old 11-13-12, 10:11 PM
uicandrew
Pole Position

what is a lock date? and is an allocation number for a "batch" of cars?
Old 11-14-12, 01:49 AM
Creid
Driver School Candidate

Ok so I'm pretty jealous at this point!!! I haven't heard anything about my car, and it was ordered Sept 10th... How did you get that info?

Hopefully my car is shipping right next to yours, and I get my car here on the east coast sometime this month (or the latest next month).

Is the allocation # a batch of vehicles? Or is that just your car? (Not sure if you know the answer to those questions, but would be awesome if you do)
Old 11-14-12, 06:26 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Creid
Ok so I'm pretty jealous at this point!!! I haven't heard anything about my car, and it was ordered Sept 10th... How did you get that info?

Hopefully my car is shipping right next to yours, and I get my car here on the east coast sometime this month (or the latest next month).

Is the allocation # a batch of vehicles? Or is that just your car? (Not sure if you know the answer to those questions, but would be awesome if you do)
I emailed my salesperson every two weeks and asked is there was an update, this time he sent me the listing for the car, it is called a "VEHICLE INQUIRY REPORT" Good luck.

From what my dealer told me, the allocation number is just a confirmation of the order, listing all the options and pricing. He said it has not been built yet.

Last edited by jollick; 11-14-12 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-16-12, 06:59 PM
KennyLexus
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jollick
I emailed my salesperson every two weeks and asked is there was an update, this time he sent me the listing for the car, it is called a "VEHICLE INQUIRY REPORT" Good luck.

From what my dealer told me, the allocation number is just a confirmation of the order, listing all the options and pricing. He said it has not been built yet.
EXCITED!!! Dealership emailed me today informing me that he will give me an ETA on Monday or Tuesday. The spread sheet shows the vehicle build codes and my name as the recipient

Quick Reply: Custom Order Time Frame 300H