ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Pricing Thread - Deals you are getting?

Old 04-02-15, 07:58 PM
BB11
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drove a 350 on Monday and liked it. I have certain options i want, some i don't care about. If Premium Pkg gets same insulation as LP i can order options i want. For instance. Blind Spot, park Assist, Pre Collision, heated seats, body side moldind, etc. my build on zlexus site comes to $44-45k depending on pkk, i knew this before test driving and told the Rep. I hace 30+ years in sales, i want an easy good deal. Sales guy calls today, reads me back my option list and tells me MSRP. Really. I explain i need to know the deal. He says when we do the paperwork. Really, no info, no paperwork. I will start calling some dealers a bit further from home. Question, what kind of discounts should I expect? I have been offered about $30 for my trade from ztoyota on an Avalon, i would think lexus would be abiut the same, Nissan and Infinity were. And help appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited by BB11; 04-02-15 at 08:30 PM.
Old 04-02-15, 08:19 PM
aznplayboy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BB11
I drove a 350 on Monday and liked it. I have certain options i want, some i don't care about. If Premium Pkg gets same indulation as LP i can order options i want. For instance. Blind Spot, park Assist, Pre Collision, heated seats, body side moldind, etc. my build on zlexus site comes to $44-45k depending on pkk, i knew this before test driving and told the Rep. I hace 30+ years in sales, i want an easy good deal. Sales guy calls today, reads me back my option list and tells me MSRP. Really. I explain i need to know the deal. He says when we do the paperwork. Really, no info, no paperwork. I will start calling some dealers a bit further from home. Question, what kind of discounts should I expect? I have been offered about $30 for my trade from ztoyota on an Avalon, i would think lexus would be abiut the same, Nissan and Infinity were. And help appreciated.
Thanks.
Typically, dealers sales price is only $3K off MSRP, but you can get 1-2K off from that plus negotiate on options like: tint, spoilers, invisible shield, or pin stripes. Don't settle for just one dealer, I had went three dealership and got price from one dealer and negotiate down from the sales rep I'm comfortable dealing with.

In my earlier post stated that my ES 350 MSRP was 44K with LP, dealers option $1500, sales price $41.7K. I got it down to $39.2K plus TTL = $42K drive out!

So, I got about $5K less MSRP + $1500 worth of dealers options (tint, pin stripe and visible shield) for FREE.

Hope that help, good luck! Usually it's better to negotiate at the end of the Month, they want to meet their quota.
Old 04-02-15, 08:36 PM
BB11
Intermediate

Originally Posted by aznplayboy
Typically, dealers sales price is only $3K off MSRP, but you can get 1-2K off from that plus negotiate on options like: tint, spoilers, invisible shield, or pin stripes. Don't settle for just one dealer, I had went three dealership and got price from one dealer and negotiate down from the sales rep I'm comfortable dealing with.

In my earlier post stated that my ES 350 MSRP was 44K with LP, dealers option $1500, sales price $41.7K. I got it down to $39.2K plus TTL = $42K drive out!

So, I got about $5K less MSRP + $1500 worth of dealers options (tint, pin stripe and visible shield) for FREE.

Hope that help, good luck! Usually it's better to negotiate at the end of the Month, they want to meet their quota.
Thank you, yes, very helpful. What is TTL?

My old boss and good friend has bought there and worked with a veteran sales rep there, my feeling is the dealership would not like to change who i am working with. I do not have faith in this reps knowledge or savy, nice guy but not the kind of rep i like to work with.

If I can bet about 5k off of MSRP and a good trade, well that was what i was thinking. Thanks again.
Old 04-02-15, 08:43 PM
aznplayboy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BB11
Thank you, yes, very helpful. What is TTL?

My old boss and good friend has bought there and worked with a veteran sales rep there, my feeling is the dealership would not like to change who i am working with. I do not have faith in this reps knowledge or savy, nice guy but not the kind of rep i like to work with.

If I can bet about 5k off of MSRP and a good trade, well that was what i was thinking. Thanks again.
TTL = Tax Title License

I suggest you negotiate the car price first before the trade in. They probably don't like for you to change rep within the dealer, but you have all the right to go elsewhere for a better deal. Business is business!
Old 04-02-15, 08:46 PM
BB11
Intermediate

TTL = Tax Title License

I suggest you negotiate the car price first before the trade in. They probably don't like for you to change rep within the dealer, but you have all the right to go elsewhere for a better deal. Business is business!
Thanks again.
Old 04-03-15, 12:16 PM
cstone3636
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sharmila19
Awesome deal my friend......I guess you are on your way driving the car car back to ohio....

Yes I just rolled back into the house this morning at 0130 from Minnesota. If anybody is looking for a Lexus in that area I would definitely go to Wayzata Lexus as they certainly rolled the red carpet out for me. They also have a black 2014 Ultra Luxury remaining I'm sure they would like to get rid of like the white one I got. My salesman's first name was Jake and the sales manager is Charlie. These folks and this dealership are first class folks and I wouldn't put it past myself to go back in a few years to get an SUV for my wife. There is something to be said for customer service and they have it figured out. The 700 or so miles back to Ohio were the smoothest riding in a car that I've ever experienced and the Mark Levinson sounds system is better than the Lexicon in the Genesis as I've now had both. Anybody has questions get with me. I'm more than happy over this deal.
Old 04-03-15, 02:08 PM
airgas1998
Driver

Originally Posted by cstone3636
Yes I just rolled back into the house this morning at 0130 from Minnesota. If anybody is looking for a Lexus in that area I would definitely go to Wayzata Lexus as they certainly rolled the red carpet out for me. They also have a black 2014 Ultra Luxury remaining I'm sure they would like to get rid of like the white one I got. My salesman's first name was Jake and the sales manager is Charlie. These folks and this dealership are first class folks and I wouldn't put it past myself to go back in a few years to get an SUV for my wife. There is something to be said for customer service and they have it figured out. The 700 or so miles back to Ohio were the smoothest riding in a car that I've ever experienced and the Mark Levinson sounds system is better than the Lexicon in the Genesis as I've now had both. Anybody has questions get with me. I'm more than happy over this deal.
come on now, i want you to go over to the es vs genny thread, and tell us all your thoughts. it's been 3-4 days now...lol i know you had great CS experience, but please share your honest thoughts on comparing the two cars. thanks..
Old 06-17-15, 07:52 AM
s9211
Driver School Candidate

Nobody buying the ES lately? I would love to know what prices you're getting.

I was hoping that prices on the 2015 would start dropping since the 2016 is expected soon, but my local Lexus dealer didn't really give me much of a deal.
Old 06-25-15, 11:16 AM
sharmila19
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s9211
Nobody buying the ES lately? I would love to know what prices you're getting.

I was hoping that prices on the 2015 would start dropping since the 2016 is expected soon, but my local Lexus dealer didn't really give me much of a deal.
In March 2015 - I bought a brand new 2014 Lexus ES, fully loaded, UL package with Mark Levinson, BSM, and everything except lane assist and dynamic radar cruise control for 38K + TTL.
Old 06-26-15, 10:37 AM
s9211
Driver School Candidate

In March 2015 - I bought a brand new 2014 Lexus ES, fully loaded, UL package with Mark Levinson, BSM, and everything except lane assist and dynamic radar cruise control for 38K + TTL.
I had seen your thread and that was an amazing deal. I'm hoping I can get something like that or the other option for me would be to buy a pre-owned.
Old 06-27-15, 03:40 PM
sharmila19
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s9211
I had seen your thread and that was an amazing deal. I'm hoping I can get something like that or the other option for me would be to buy a pre-owned.
It's very easy - if you are willing to travel out of state - which I think is not bad at all...just call around - only deal with sales managers - and only over the phone.
I got mine at herb chambers - very nice people- pm me and I can get you in touch. Actually given the new changes for 2016 - you could probably do better....
Old 06-29-15, 08:14 AM
s9211
Driver School Candidate

It's very easy - if you are willing to travel out of state - which I think is not bad at all...just call around - only deal with sales managers - and only over the phone.
I got mine at herb chambers - very nice people- pm me and I can get you in touch. Actually given the new changes for 2016 - you could probably do better....
I have no problem traveling a couple of hours. I have done that before. Just sent you a PM. Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 06-30-15, 09:38 AM
dshenmdyn
Driver School Candidate

Default Two different ES300h base prices?

I am doing my research for 2015 ES300h prices and found on http://www.yourlexusdealer.com/ the inventory seems to show two different starting base prices that are $150 apart.

There are cars (many examples) shown in the inventory list that have the exactly same package/options but with final MSRP that are $150 apart. After further check, I found that the difference came as a result of the different base price listed for both cars. One is listed $40,580 and another one is listed $40,430 (before adding any package/options, and neither including the $925 destination charge).

Does anyone know what's the difference between these two cars with different base prices?

Thanks.
Old 07-06-15, 06:13 PM
Lexi66
Pole Position

Curious... What is visible shield.? That plastic type wrap?
Old 07-06-15, 06:20 PM
aznplayboy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lexi66
Curious... What is visible shield.? That plastic type wrap?
Invisible shield is a plastic clear wrap that goes along the hood, front bumper and side view mirrors to protect from rocks. It's worth it, IMO.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pricing Thread - Deals you are getting?