Pricing Thread - Deals you are getting?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-13, 11:28 AM
Neoxagon
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatboy05
Hey guys -

Thought i'd share my deal details from today in NJ. Did a trade in, was slightly upside down but with the tax benefits of that, customer loyalty, the standard $500 lease cash, and free first month payment, it really worked out. On top of that, we got a refund from the extended warranty on the trade to help with the fees.

I think this is a very good deal on a 2014. Be interested to hear what you guys think.

Good luck to those in the market for a new car.

2014 Lexus ES350 (Luxury Package, Nav, Blind Spot)
MSRP: $44,247
Selling Price: $39,525 ($500 Customer Loyalty included)
Monthly Payment: $450 - 27 Months, 10K Miles
You got 10.7% below MSRP, I would say that's a fair deal. Lots of folks on here getting 15%+ below MSRP.
Old 12-30-13, 11:31 AM
Neoxagon
Driver

Originally Posted by Amybunte
Looking around for my first Lexus. Is this a good deal in Dallas?

2014 ES300h
Luxury package with nav/premium audio package
Msrp: $46,763
Offer: $42,086

Dealer mentioned if I financed thru Lexus Financial, the dealer would take an additional $500 off

Thanks!
That's 10.1% below MSRP, so that's a fair deal. Anything 15%+ below MSRP would be a great deal in my book.
Old 12-30-13, 06:58 PM
roblim
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Date: 12/30/2014
2014 Lexus es300h
Silver / Light grey
MSRP: $46,763
Price Purchased: $41,500
Purchased at: Keyes Lexus
*Also did a trade in on a 2004 Lexus GX470 with accident history: $12,500

My overall feeling was that the final price was competitive, but not great. I tried my best to get to 15% off, but neither Keyes nor Longo would budge. Longo's best price was $200 above Keyes.

My target price was $800 below what I paid, so $40,700. I used this thread to arrive at that price. Glendale offered me $41,100, but only if I took one of their White/Black cars which they had in stock. They have four of them. Their inventory is pretty slim compared to Keyes and Longo. I liked the Glendale sales person the best though out of all the ones i spoke to, so I wish i could have purchased there if for no other reason.

The $46,763 es300h is very common in Southern California. You can almost call up any dealer and ask for 4-6-7 es300h and they will know what you are talking about.

Keyes had the best closing process I have ever experienced. I was only in the Finance office for 20 minutes tops. No upsell on extended warranties. I was only asked once if i would be interested in one. Just straight up fill out all the DMV paperwork and sign the contract in eight places. Very nice.

I also received four free service visits (really two because the first two are free no matter where you buy).

My tips if you are shopping (Remember that I didn't get 15% off so take this for what it is):

1. Know your price. If you don't know what is a great price and what is a good price, you may get confused and settle for good. Reading these forums is a good way to become informed.

2. If you just walk into a dealer and ask for their price, they will start insanely high. 44,4k. was quoted to me a few times. Understand that they are just feeling you out. You can cut the BS by saying I was at so and so dealer and we are at 39.7, now lets talk. You can lie about the quote you got. In fact, always lie. They will also keep pointing to a "dealer cost" price and say they are already 2,500 below their cost. IGNORE. DON'T even acknowledge this ruse. Just keep reiterating your price..which of course is going to be below what you really want to pay.

3. If you want a better deal try to convince them that you aren't totally interested in the car they have....the colors not right or the options aren't what you wanted. This gives them a little hint to start dropping the price.

4. The process can be really fun. You don't have to be mean while haggling. Even if you don't reach a deal, it's not personal. It's just a business transaction. Keep it light and the sales people are going to be more responsive. I loved it at Longo when the two sales guys got in a huddle in the next cubicle and started saying, "oh his price is crazy. we cant sell it for this...." Slow clap. It's very entertaining.

This American Life just did a special show on what it is like to be a car salesman. You must listen to it:
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radi...e/513/129-cars

Good luck to everyone. I love the car!

Last edited by roblim; 12-30-13 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-31-13, 02:04 PM
joebruin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by roblim
Date: 12/30/2014
2014 Lexus es300h
Silver / Light grey
MSRP: $46,763
Price Purchased: $41,500
Purchased at: Keyes Lexus
*Also did a trade in on a 2004 Lexus GX470 with accident history: $12,500

My overall feeling was that the final price was competitive, but not great. I tried my best to get to 15% off, but neither Keyes nor Longo would budge. Longo's best price was $200 above Keyes.

My target price was $800 below what I paid, so $40,700. I used this thread to arrive at that price. Glendale offered me $41,100, but only if I took one of their White/Black cars which they had in stock. They have four of them. Their inventory is pretty slim compared to Keyes and Longo. I liked the Glendale sales person the best though out of all the ones i spoke to, so I wish i could have purchased there if for no other reason.

The $46,763 es300h is very common in Southern California. You can almost call up any dealer and ask for 4-6-7 es300h and they will know what you are talking about.

Keyes had the best closing process I have ever experienced. I was only in the Finance office for 20 minutes tops. No upsell on extended warranties. I was only asked once if i would be interested in one. Just straight up fill out all the DMV paperwork and sign the contract in eight places. Very nice.

I also received four free service visits (really two because the first two are free no matter where you buy).

My tips if you are shopping (Remember that I didn't get 15% off so take this for what it is):

1. Know your price. If you don't know what is a great price and what is a good price, you may get confused and settle for good. Reading these forums is a good way to become informed.

2. If you just walk into a dealer and ask for their price, they will start insanely high. 44,4k. was quoted to me a few times. Understand that they are just feeling you out. You can cut the BS by saying I was at so and so dealer and we are at 39.7, now lets talk. You can lie about the quote you got. In fact, always lie. They will also keep pointing to a "dealer cost" price and say they are already 2,500 below their cost. IGNORE. DON'T even acknowledge this ruse. Just keep reiterating your price..which of course is going to be below what you really want to pay.

3. If you want a better deal try to convince them that you aren't totally interested in the car they have....the colors not right or the options aren't what you wanted. This gives them a little hint to start dropping the price.

4. The process can be really fun. You don't have to be mean while haggling. Even if you don't reach a deal, it's not personal. It's just a business transaction. Keep it light and the sales people are going to be more responsive. I loved it at Longo when the two sales guys got in a huddle in the next cubicle and started saying, "oh his price is crazy. we cant sell it for this...." Slow clap. It's very entertaining.

This American Life just did a special show on what it is like to be a car salesman. You must listen to it:
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radi...e/513/129-cars

Good luck to everyone. I love the car!
I'm glad you got a good deal at Keyes. I was there in Van Nuys a few months ago and wasn't impressed with those lying salesmen. They were never upfront with their pricing nor wanted to put anything in writing. They say they would throw in the chrome wheels but when comes time to sign contract, the price of wheels get added in contract. Glad I left and went to Santa Monica Lexus. Much better environment and no pressure sales.
Old 01-08-14, 04:02 PM
trumpcardz
Driver School Candidate

Date: 1/3/2014
2014 Lexus ES300h
Nebula Gray / Light Gray
Luxury package with nav/premium audio package/remote engine start plus/all weather floor mats/door edge guards
MSRP: $47,483
Price Purchased: $42,150 plus TTL
Purchased at: Nalley Lexus Galleria
Old 01-18-14, 10:43 PM
Poppa
Instructor

Received 166 Likes on 119 Posts

Just picked up our new 2013 ES 350 earlier this afternoon... matador red and pretty much loaded.... sticker was 45,186 bought it for 39,186.00 That's a little more than 13% below sticker... seems about on par with the other post's I've seen here....

Poppa
Old 01-20-14, 03:34 PM
nmvlexus
Driver School Candidate

Default 2013 Lexus ES 300h

2013 Lexus ES 300h - UL Package, ML Audio, Blind Spot and Parking, ALl weather floor mats, Door edge guards and some more small goodies
MSRP: 49996
Final Sale Price: 43922
Difference: $6074 (including $1000 Lexus Rebate)
12% below sticker
Old 01-21-14, 05:18 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 173 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by nmvlexus
2013 Lexus ES 300h - UL Package, ML Audio, Blind Spot and Parking, ALl weather floor mats, Door edge guards and some more small goodies
MSRP: 49996
Final Sale Price: 43922
Difference: $6074 (including $1000 Lexus Rebate)
12% below sticker
Great deal, congratulations.
Old 01-31-14, 10:12 PM
dmanpizza
Driver School Candidate

Default Special Order showed up early

I purchased my vehicle last night at Cerritos.
2014 ES 300h Nebula w/light gray
MSRP $49,427
Price $44,000
Old 02-01-14, 11:51 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

I think that this is probably a great time to be buying an ES (or any other vehicle), especially if you are in the Midwest or the East. With the especially harsh winter, car dealers are struggling to keep their sales up, and they seem to be willing to cut prices more significantly than I've seen a long time to make a sale. Typical selling prices for the 2014 ES, for example, seem to be in the range of a couple thousand dollars lower than were selling prices for the 2013 ES much later in the previous model year. Further, with the deep discounts that dealers are offering for their 2014 vehicles, I'm sure that they are also discounting any remaining 2013 vehicles even much more deeply. Typically, you would expect to see vehicle prices showing a fairly steady decline as the model year progresses. This year, I wouldn't be surprised to see prices higher than they are now in a couple of months when the winter is over and when delayed demand among buyers kicks in. There is a part of me that wishes that I was in the market for a new vehicle right now.

Last edited by lesz; 02-01-14 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-03-14, 11:03 AM
4x4tx
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New to the forum and wish I would have found this site before yesterday. Bought a 14 ES350 with MSRP of 44875 for 40900 which around 9% off....Invoice on it was 41555.

Felt like a decent deal till I came here. I see most of the great deals were on 13s but also some 14s. I have never bought a lexus or foreign car, always a GM or Ford product where I felt like dealing was easy. I always thought with Toyota and lexus that getting under invoice just didn't happen. To hear some people are getting 15% is crazy. Why in the world would a dealer sell a car for 3500 under invoice. I could buy maybe 500-1000 under. Are people taking into account rebates into that number or some other type of loyalty cash?
Old 02-03-14, 11:45 AM
Neoxagon
Driver

Originally Posted by dmanpizza
I purchased my vehicle last night at Cerritos.
2014 ES 300h Nebula w/light gray
MSRP $49,427
Price $44,000
11% below MSRP, not bad.
Old 02-03-14, 12:54 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4tx
New to the forum and wish I would have found this site before yesterday. Bought a 14 ES350 with MSRP of 44875 for 40900 which around 9% off....Invoice on it was 41555.

Felt like a decent deal till I came here. I see most of the great deals were on 13s but also some 14s. I have never bought a lexus or foreign car, always a GM or Ford product where I felt like dealing was easy. I always thought with Toyota and lexus that getting under invoice just didn't happen. To hear some people are getting 15% is crazy. Why in the world would a dealer sell a car for 3500 under invoice. I could buy maybe 500-1000 under. Are people taking into account rebates into that number or some other type of loyalty cash?
I don't think you have anything at all to feel bad about with regard to how you did. First, as I said in my post a couple of posts above, with the especially rough winter, lots of dealers are desperate to make sales, and it is likely that, a couple of months from now when winter is done and delayed demand kicks in, people will be paying more for vehicles than they are now. Further, many of the best deals, now, are being gotten by people in the Midwest and Northeast, where the winter has been the most brutal. Additionally, in many of the deals that seem, on the surface, to be especially good, the dealers have used other means of boosting their profits, including unfavorable (to the customer) finance terms, unfavorable (again, to the customer) lease terms, undervaluing trade-ins, selling the customer a high mark-up extended warranty, or including high mark-up dealer installed options. Unless you know the full details of the deal, it is impossible to assess whether the deal is good or bad, and the reality is that many of the people who get what, on the surface, appears to be the best deals end up with some of the worst deals when the all of the details of the deals are brought into consideration. Looking only at the selling price as a percentage of MSRP is close to being totally meaningless.

Last edited by lesz; 02-03-14 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-03-14, 07:41 PM
dmanpizza
Driver School Candidate

I was able to special order the Ext/Int combination that I wanted.
We agreed on that price over 2 months ago.
I am happy with the deal.
Old 02-04-14, 02:17 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

There was a time when the first 2013 ES rolled out that people (including myself) only got around 5% off MSRP, and thinking that was a good deal.

As Lesz said, dealers in harsher climates may be discounting their cars to garner sales. That, as well as up-selling other products, services, warranties, low trade-ins, etc that people don't discuss . So buying below invoice (including dealer hold backs, incentives and other factory credits) can still make a dealer profitable.

Also, since this is the internet and a public forum, there may be others out there that may intentional or unintentionally boast about their deals which does not really reflect their whole deal. This too can be misleading or meaningless.

Just my two cents.

Quick Reply: Pricing Thread - Deals you are getting?