ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Pricing Thread - Deals you are getting?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-15, 03:10 PM
Teletubbie
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am getting a quote for 11% off the MSRP for a 2015 ES350 with premium package plus some options. What kind of percentage discount are others getting?
Old 02-06-15, 05:18 AM
Holt2008
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Teletubbie
I am getting a quote for 11% off the MSRP for a 2015 ES350 with premium package plus some options. What kind of percentage discount are others getting?
I have a similar question. Looking at a UL ES with a msrp of 49.4k. Any chance to get then to 40k?
Old 02-06-15, 06:17 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 611 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Holt2008
I have a similar question. Looking at a UL ES with a msrp of 49.4k. Any chance to get then to 40k?
Highly unlikely, but good luck!
Old 02-07-15, 07:57 PM
gemigniani
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Holt2008
Looking at a UL ES with a msrp of 49.4k. Any chance to get then to 40k?
No chance because 40K is 19% off which is almost certainly below dealer cost.

In the San Francisco Bay Area in recent days I have been offered internet quotes of 9-10% off a base model 2015 ES350 by two dealers, but one dealer offered 12.8% off and an out-the-door price (which in includes 9% sales tax) of $37815.98 on a new 2015 ES350 that has an MSRP of $39,128.

Naturally I'll have to visit the dealership to confirm the car has near zero miles and that the dealer doesn't have any surprise "gotcha's". If they did, I have three other dealers within 40 miles to choose from that have the same exact car and color.
Old 02-15-15, 12:31 PM
nflguy
Driver School Candidate

I'm currently trying to decide between new or used ES350 or 300h. I wanted leather seats with heat and power. Blind spot, navigation, sunroof, and would like the dark wood trim (have seen some lighter wood color trim that i donlt like). I looked at the lexus site where it lists the different options/packages. I don't see sunroof listed on any of them. I also heard that the Ultra Luxury package comes with a sunroof that is larger then a typical sunroof but dont see that listed either.
Old 02-15-15, 12:35 PM
nflguy
Driver School Candidate

I called a dealer in north tx that had a used 2014 300h with every option I wanted except navigation and windows were not tinted. It had 14,000 miles and listed price was $38,600. I was curious how much they would be willing to negotiate and the most they would offer is $500 off sticker price. Is that typical??
Old 02-15-15, 01:04 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by nflguy
I'm currently trying to decide between new or used ES350 or 300h. I wanted leather seats with heat and power. Blind spot, navigation, sunroof, and would like the dark wood trim (have seen some lighter wood color trim that i donlt like). I looked at the lexus site where it lists the different options/packages. I don't see sunroof listed on any of them. I also heard that the Ultra Luxury package comes with a sunroof that is larger then a typical sunroof but dont see that listed either.
The (standard) sunroof is not listed as a part of any package because it comes standard on all ES vehicles. All ES350 vehicles with the Ultra Luxury package have the panoramic sunroof, but the panoramic sunroof is not available at all on an ES300h.
Old 02-15-15, 01:48 PM
nflguy
Driver School Candidate

Thanks!

I went to the lexus site and "built a ES350 and a 300h. Aside from the 300h not having the panaramic ceiling (any reviews on that by the way?) it also didnt offer the darker wood trim (Expresso birds eye maple.) I find the bamboo to have an orange color look to it that i don't like. Dark wood trim is looks better in my humble opinion. Found it strange that the dark wood wasnt offered as an option.

The lack of dark wood trim would be a deal killer for me. Which would narrow my options down to the ES350. We had hoped to get a ES350 with a 4 cylinder for the gas mileage. Our last car was a 2012 Camry XLE 4 cyl and we averaged 32mpg under an 80/20 mix of freeway and city driving. Didnt see an option for an ES 4 cylndr which is why were considering the Hybrid.

What kind of real world gas mileage are you guys getting with the ES350? In normal mode (or whatever mode doesn't mess the temperature controls as i heard ECO mode does). We live in TX so any mode that lowers the air conditioning is not an option. lol

Last edited by nflguy; 02-15-15 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-15-15, 02:50 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Thanks!

I went to the lexus site and "built a ES350 and a 300h. Aside from the 300h not having the panaramic ceiling (any reviews on that by the way?) it also didnt offer the darker wood trim (Expresso birds eye maple.) I find the bamboo to have an orange color look to it that i don't like. Dark wood trim is looks better in my humble opinion. Found it strange that the dark wood wasnt offered as an option.

The lack of dark wood trim would be a deal killer for me. Which would narrow my options down to the ES350. We had hoped to get a ES350 with a 4 cylinder for the gas mileage. Our last car was a 2012 Camry XLE 4 cyl and we averaged 32mpg under an 80/20 mix of freeway and city driving. Didnt see an option for an ES 4 cylndr which is why were considering the Hybrid.

What kind of real world gas mileage are you guys getting with the ES350? In normal mode (or whatever mode doesn't mess the temperature controls as i heard ECO mode does). We live in TX so any mode that lowers the air conditioning is not an option. lol
I believe that the use of the bamboo trim on the ES300h is intended to be making some sort of "eco statement" consistent with having the hybrid engine.

With regard to gas mileage, I've had my 2013 ES350 for a little less than 2 years, and I've been averaging about 31.5 mpg (actually calculated). I do live out in the country and do very little driving in stop-and-go conditions. Also, my driving style is fairly conservative. So, my mpg, is skewed toward the high side of what ES350 drivers are likely to get, but it does show that good fuel economy is possible with what is a very nice power plant whose feel reminds me of a small block V8.

Note that, with the ES350 in ECO mode, there is a small adjustment in AC output, but it is hardly noticeable. I believe that, in the ES300h, the AC operation when in ECO mode is much more geared toward fuel economy and with reduced output levels.

Also, you might get a better range of responses to your questions if you put them into a separate thread, instead of asking them in this pricing thread.
Old 02-17-15, 11:31 AM
nflguy
Driver School Candidate

I built an ES350 on the Lexus site. It gave me an MSRP of $45,200.

I sent that info to a local dealer. They responded with a "deal proposal". For the same car and ame options as the one I built on their site, they had the starting price (before discounts) $3,000 higher then the website,
Old 02-17-15, 12:31 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 611 Likes on 459 Posts

I built an ES350 on the Lexus site. It gave me an MSRP of $45,200.

I sent that info to a local dealer. They responded with a "deal proposal". For the same car and ame options as the one I built on their site, they had the starting price (before discounts) $3,000 higher then the website,
They obviously had more options on their car, than the one you "built". You can use the Lexus site to find a comparable model in a certain area.
Old 02-17-15, 01:55 PM
nflguy
Driver School Candidate

Is a $925 destination fee typical for dallas-fort worth area?
Old 02-17-15, 01:56 PM
nflguy
Driver School Candidate

I wish the site allowed you to search more then just one zipcode at a time. I'm willing to fly to nearby states to get the right deal.
Old 02-17-15, 04:39 PM
Blanko
Driver School Candidate

I wish the site allowed you to search more then just one zipcode at a time. I'm willing to fly to nearby states to get the right deal.
Use cars.com or other (I prefer cars.com because it allows you search entire USA). After you get the hang of it you can pretty much get yourself a selection list of cars you want. You can then go to the website of each dealership of the cars you have selected and make sure it's what you want, look a photos etc. Then just call them and offer a price. I've been doing this for years and get great deals. You will find great deals out there if 1. You are prepared to travel 2. You are prepared to walk if they won't deal. For me $1000 or $2000 off msrp is not a deal. Needs to be $5000 ish or more for this type of car.

You my opinion and input. Good luck.
Old 02-17-15, 04:50 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Is a $925 destination fee typical for dallas-fort worth area?
The destination fee is the same regardless of location in the continental US.

If you look through all of this thread, you will find that, consistently, the people in Southern California have been getting the best prices on the ES, but there are a few other regions that are not far behind, and one of those has been Texas.

Quick Reply: Pricing Thread - Deals you are getting?