2011 ES350 Bluetooth Phones

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-12, 12:39 PM
Naqes350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 ES350 Bluetooth Phones

Hello All,

Please forgive if this has been covered already, but my search didn't quite yield what I am looking for.

I am having problems pairing a Droid2 with a 2011 ES350. The phone will initially pair, but eventually loses connection (usually after parking car overnight). Even when the phone is paired, I am unable to transfer contacts to the car. I have tried using the built feature with the car, as well as the Bluetooth File Transfer app for the phone.

Has anyone had similar problems? If so, were you able to resolve it somehow?

The Droid2 is running Android 2.3.4 and the car has the navigation system.

I may just end up going with a new phone all together, but I want to be sure it's compatible in advance. I don't want to rely on the Mobile Link tool on the Lexus website. It says the Droid2 is fully compatible. Can anyone confirm a phone that plays well with the 2011 ES350?

Many thanks
Old 06-11-12, 12:48 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

The Droid is compatible, but as for a phone that functions well, the iPhone is hard to beat. Everything syncs up so perfectly

Here's my troubleshooting guide:

BLUETOOTH TROUBLESHOOTING:

How to set-up Bluetooth; With Navigation:

We’ll use an iPhone4 for ex. Go to
- Settings
- General
- Bluetooth
- make sure bluetooth is on (slide on/off)
- Below that is "Devices" or "search device"
- On the phone, select the "hands-free" 2009 below or “Car Multi Media” 2010+ under search device. It should begin paring and prompt you for the passkey. Enter it and select "pair". It may say it's paired but not connected. If this is the case, then select "hands-free" one more time.

From the car:
- Car on/acc mode
- Info
- Telephone
- Settings
- Register phone
- it'll bring up a menu that has a passkey and looks like it's ready to pair
- Pair

Just to double check that the phone is paired to the car, from info-telephone-settings-select phone. The phone should be in the system now with a little "BT" symbol next to it.

For Non Navigation Models:
Use the push to talk switch and the voice should layout some commands. One of which is "phone set-up". Say phone set-up and continue with the voice instructions by hitting the push to talk switch and saying "yes" "pair phone" etc... Meanwhile from the bluetooth menu in your phone (probably under settings, make sure the phone is set to "discoverable mode". Once the phone is searching, "Hands Free" should show up on your phone. Select the pair button and you should be prompted with a pass key (four digits + enter) it's usually 1111 or 1212 etc...

________
Other Troubleshoots:

UPDATE YOUR SMARTPHONES:
Make sure your smartphones are turned off every now and then. They are just like a computer and need to be updated. Sometimes if a phone misses an update, the result is the Bluetooth connection unpairing with the car.

With BlackBerry’s, the most common troubleshoot is to remove the battery from the phone, blow on it and turn the phone back on. Yes it’s a PITA because BB takes forever to load, but it typically works. If this doesn't work either, you can try repairing the phone:

MY PHONE HAS BEEN PAIRED BUT NOT WORKING:
If the phone is not working (but already paired), a common troubleshoot is the bluetooth on the phone could be turned off (happens on mine from time to time). Set the phone to discoverable mode and make sure the bluetooth is set to "on". You should see the bluetooth symbol somewhere on the phones top banner.
Old 06-11-12, 06:48 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

I have a Droid3 and it pairs perfectly with my F. As far as the iPhone, I'm a Mac guy, have been since '84, but I require a physical keyboard with my phone, so the Droid3 it was. The first non-Apple associated computer product, outside of non OS phones, in 18 years

Lou