ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 6th Gen ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-13, 12:16 PM
arndtpj
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Got a new one

Just got the ES350 2014 Black on Black with most all available options except lane departure and stopping help. Also RES+.
Great car!
Just learning how to use all the options.
I do have a problem that I have not figured out yet though.
Seems that the climate control resets to "off" arbitrarily but usually when it is sitting a while.
Maybe it has not saved all the setting or restored them upon start. Seems to do it regardless of remote start, FOB start or normal start. There is a clue that the manual talks about briefly that the saved setting depend on the FOB and who starts it (always been me). Obviously i'm using all the LG Revolution Verizon apps as well. There was a note somewhere that there are options set by the dealer which will always use single user saved setting. Another clue is that it takes a few (15) seconds after start for the temperature to show up if it is going to actually return to an "on" condition.

Thanks
Phil
Old 12-29-13, 12:24 PM
glower
Driver School Candidate

Bought a 2013 ES 350 demo (2,200 miles) deep sea mica over parchment on 12/26 as an Xmas gift for my wife. Luxury package with nav, upgraded wheels, and blind spot monitor. Does anyone have the body side moldings? Considering adding them but not sure about look, value, etc. Also consider pre-owned 13 GS but the ES suited my wife better (she has had two in the past).
Old 12-30-13, 06:40 PM
renegad44
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jollick
Sweet ride. Welcome to Club Lexus.
Thanks jollick.....

Originally Posted by glower
Bought a 2013 ES 350 demo (2,200 miles) deep sea mica over parchment on 12/26 as an Xmas gift for my wife. Luxury package with nav, upgraded wheels, and blind spot monitor. Does anyone have the body side moldings? Considering adding them but not sure about look, value, etc. Also consider pre-owned 13 GS but the ES suited my wife better (she has had two in the past).
Sounds like a nice ride...... I'll be adding BSM to my wifes car first of the year.....here's a thread on BSM....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...oldings-2.html
Old 01-02-14, 04:33 PM
kawika904
Driver School Candidate

Hello, New forum member and new 2014 ES300H owner. Actually, like a few others, I bought it for the wife. Matador red mica exterior and tan parchment with bamboo accent interior. Luxury and navi packages, blind spot monitor, HID headlights, park assist, rear shade, few other options too. Great car. Should come with a tinted window option though. Will fix that soon enough. Nice way to expand the fleet. Cheers.
Old 01-03-14, 06:04 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by kawika904
Hello, New forum member and new 2014 ES300H owner. Actually, like a few others, I bought it for the wife. Matador red mica exterior and tan parchment with bamboo accent interior. Luxury and navi packages, blind spot monitor, HID headlights, park assist, rear shade, few other options too. Great car. Should come with a tinted window option though. Will fix that soon enough. Nice way to expand the fleet. Cheers.
Congrats and welcome! Let's see some pic's.

I doubt they can offer a "Lexus" tint option, since it would be illegal in several states. I've heard most dealers in states where it's legal offer it as a dealer option, though.
Old 01-04-14, 05:47 PM
bareflanks
Driver School Candidate

Just drove home in our 2014 ES300h with all the bells and whistles!! Pearl white w/ black leather. Still trying to figure out how to turn on the heater; never have seen so much automation in a car......yes, I'm old school. 99 Pasat and 88 911 are our other cars.....no automation there. I miss the cassette player!! Hah!!
Thanks for allowing me on board.
Old 01-04-14, 06:56 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by bareflanks
Just drove home in our 2014 ES300h with all the bells and whistles!! Pearl white w/ black leather. Still trying to figure out how to turn on the heater; never have seen so much automation in a car......yes, I'm old school. 99 Pasat and 88 911 are our other cars.....no automation there. I miss the cassette player!! Hah!!
Thanks for allowing me on board.
Congrats on the new car. It sounds nice.

Didn't your sales rep walk you through some of the basic functions on the car at delivery?
Old 01-06-14, 04:24 AM
Rlarson56
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by glower
They look great by adding a nice bold line to the side design. If the molding prevents some unsightly dings, aren't the $300-$400 spent worth protecting that paint?
Old 01-09-14, 12:49 PM
cr2m
Driver School Candidate

Hi! Conn

Hi there.
My name is Connie and I got my new 2013 ES350 for Christmas!!! Our 1st Lexus was a 2005 ES300, which is now being driven by our 17 yr. old son and is still a great car.
Both cars were purchased and serviced at the Tulsa Lexus dealership. They are outstanding!!! My car has the luxury package and I am enjoying trying to figure them all out.
Looking forward to using this site for info regarding my cars.

When you get your new 2013+ ES, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including:

- Model (ES350 or ES300h) and package (premium, Luxury or Ultra-Luxury)
- Color of the exterior and Interior
- Options including Nav, ML, PCS, Lane Departure, etc.[/QUOTE]
Old 01-13-14, 05:17 AM
robagt
Driver School Candidate

Default ES350 body side molding

Originally Posted by Rlarson56
They look great by adding a nice bold line to the side design. If the molding prevents some unsightly dings, aren't the $300-$400 spent worth protecting that paint?
I brought my ES350 in November, 2012 and ordered it with the body side molding. It is definitely worth having it. People in shopping malls, etc. are not always careful when they open their doors.
Old 01-13-14, 07:20 PM
Jjluebke
Driver School Candidate

Default Body Side Moldings

Originally Posted by Rlarson56
I purchased a 2013 ES350 Ultra Luxury Package, Matador Red, Light Tan leather interior, rain sensor wipers and 18 inch wheels. I had the dealer add body side molding and feel they are worth it by protecting it from door dings, plus they look great.

I drove from ND to southern TX this past weekend in misty, raining weather and definitely appreciated the rain sensing wipers.

I have 3700 miles on car .

I definitely would recommend the body side moldings. Does anyone know if mud guards are available yet?
Old 01-15-14, 02:46 AM
Poppa
Instructor

Received 166 Likes on 119 Posts
Default New ES 350

Hello everyone... my name is Roland but since I am a new grandfather I'm logged in as Poppa... anyway just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Just bought my first Lexus ES 350 earlier tonight, and will pick it up later this week. It's a 2013, Matador Red.... sticker price was 45K and change... lots of features, luxury pkg..... I"ve been driving a 2007 Avalon since Sept. of 06 and set out to buy another one two weeks ago.. but I stumbled onto the Lexus lot out of curiosity and found they still had 2 new 2013 models. Drove one of them, really liked it ( obviously ) and after a few days of back and forth decided to buy the car.. I'm one of those guys that develops an attachment to their cars, so I'm sure when they drive my Avalon away I'll be a little sad... but I'm sure that won't last too long when I leave the dealership in my new Lexus... anyway just wanted to say hi.. Looking forward to learning a lot about my new car on this forum.

Roland
AKA: Poppa
Old 01-15-14, 04:24 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppa
Hello everyone... my name is Roland but since I am a new grandfather I'm logged in as Poppa... anyway just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Just bought my first Lexus ES 350 earlier tonight, and will pick it up later this week. It's a 2013, Matador Red.... sticker price was 45K and change... lots of features, luxury pkg..... I"ve been driving a 2007 Avalon since Sept. of 06 and set out to buy another one two weeks ago.. but I stumbled onto the Lexus lot out of curiosity and found they still had 2 new 2013 models. Drove one of them, really liked it ( obviously ) and after a few days of back and forth decided to buy the car.. I'm one of those guys that develops an attachment to their cars, so I'm sure when they drive my Avalon away I'll be a little sad... but I'm sure that won't last too long when I leave the dealership in my new Lexus... anyway just wanted to say hi.. Looking forward to learning a lot about my new car on this forum.

Roland
AKA: Poppa
Welcome and congrats! First on being a grandfather and second on the new ES. Nice color choice, too!
Old 01-17-14, 01:09 AM
Poppa
Instructor

Received 166 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike728
Welcome and congrats! First on being a grandfather and second on the new ES. Nice color choice, too!
Thanks Mike, I appreciate it... Although I've been in Louisiana for the past 25 years, I see you are from Il. I grew up in a little steel mill town in Illinois, right across the river from St. Louis... town was called Granite City..... you probably never heard of it... what part of the state are you from....

Roland
Old 01-27-14, 07:16 PM
cmark8
Driver School Candidate

Hello Everyone, my name is Charles and I'm from Sao Paulo, Brazil. I just purchased a new 2013 ES 350 last Friday (Nebula Gray, black leather interior, with all the options other than 18" alloys, Lane Departure, Panoramic Roof and Mark Levinson, as they're not available here in Brazil). I'll be sending the car to an armoring company (http://bssblindagens.com.br/) this week to get a Level NIJ IIIA armoring done. The process will take approximately 20-30 days, and hopefully I'll be posting more in the forum as soon as I get the car in my hands.

Cheers!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 6th Gen ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!