ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

New ES spotted in China

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-12, 08:06 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by LexPaul
What happened with the dashboard??, there does not seem to be a coherent flow to it? Guys I may have to sit this design out. Have you seen the interior of the 2013 Cadillac XTS?, this car is drop dead gorgeous inside. Where is the design team that designed the 09 ES. Did they get fired? What's up?. I showed these pics to my dealer in ATL and he admitted that there is some semblance to the Sonata. Not good, not Lexus like. In fact I find the redesigned Camry a better looking car. Why did Lexus make the ES bigger, wrong move, might as well get a fully loaded Avalon Limited. The Avalon actually looks better inside and IMO has an edge on the exterior. Right now I'm just frustrated with this design. I'm not sure I can stay in the Lexus column. I'm enjoying my 09, but there is no upgrade path for me with this design, which I was looking forward to. I don't think seeing the car in person will change MO.
I feel your angst. But still need to see one in person, or at least better pictures. I'm hoping that the US model will have some different interior and exterior trim.
Old 02-26-12, 05:08 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I feel your angst. But still need to see one in person, or at least better pictures. I'm hoping that the US model will have some different interior and exterior trim.
Thanks LexBob, I'm hoping the same for the US model and perhaps when I see it in person I will feel differently....
Old 02-26-12, 06:14 PM
Humaira
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don"t like the snout, neither the Hyundai copy-cat rear end, and especially the instrument cluster. Can we mount a demand for changes from Lexus to these three aspects of the 2013 (?) ES 350 before it is brought stateside in this this thread and through Club Lexus?

2008 Sapphire Black ES 350 with Nav/Park Assist
Old 02-27-12, 12:55 AM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Humaira
I don"t like the snout, neither the Hyundai copy-cat rear end, and especially the instrument cluster. Can we mount a demand for changes from Lexus to these three aspects of the 2013 (?) ES 350 before it is brought stateside in this this thread and through Club Lexus?

2008 Sapphire Black ES 350 with Nav/Park Assist
Yeah, maybe this car is just a decoy to the 'real' one, which will put the competition to shame....don't wake me up.....let me dream on......
Old 03-01-12, 04:14 AM
Tpcorr
Rookie

I'll reserve my final judgement until I get the chance to see the car in person, but based on these photos there's not alot I like about this car. That interior reminds me of my father-in-law's '98 caddy, which had a bench seat up front. The grille, with that body colored lip looks as if it is an add on, boy racer piece.

Tom

Last edited by Tpcorr; 03-01-12 at 10:21 AM.
Old 03-02-12, 11:46 AM
AvsFan
Driver School Candidate

Overall I like the exterior changes. The current ES is very attractive but it hasn't changed since 2007 and it is time to move on. Hopefully they will add chrome door handles for the American market.

The interior, on the other hand, needs some work. It seems cut up with no continuity. Not near as attractive as the current model. Adding more wood accents doesn't seem likely given the almost industrial look of the dash.
Old 03-03-12, 09:52 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

HAHAH that's what I told my technician the front end look like a PREDATOR
Old 03-04-12, 07:32 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Less of a Predator in the "flesh" than the pictures.
Old 03-04-12, 09:23 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by garsarno
Less of a Predator in the "flesh" than the pictures.
I agree. I checked out a couple of new GS at the dealership near me, and when you see the whole car in person, the grill doesn't stand out as much as in the pictures. IMO it looks good.
Old 03-04-12, 07:30 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

I just saw my first GS350 in person and was disappointed that the new grill did not stand out like the Audi grill. The car that looked so aggressive in photos was bland in real life. I'm worried that the ES will also come off as bland in spite of what these photos show.
Steve
Old 03-11-12, 05:31 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

I will be getting my first look at the GS this week, as my wife will be servicing her 05 ES at the dealer. I will share my observations. I am seriously considering upgrading to a GS. I really like the exterior and especially the interior with the nice techie features. Stay Tuned...more to come.
Old 03-11-12, 06:58 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexPaul
I will be getting my first look at the GS this week, as my wife will be servicing her 05 ES at the dealer. I will share my observations. I am seriously considering upgrading to a GS. I really like the exterior and especially the interior with the nice techie features. Stay Tuned...more to come.
I look forward to your report. Are you going to test drive one?
Old 03-11-12, 07:02 PM
gatoman39
Driver School Candidate

GS is nice, especially the interior and it's a big leap dynamically from the previous gen. The segment is so crowded, so it will be interesting to see if buyers will be there in the numbers Lexus hope.
Old 03-11-12, 11:49 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I look forward to your report. Are you going to test drive one?
Yes, indeed I'm planning to take it on a spin...
Old 03-11-12, 11:50 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

I understand the GS is really selling well, I hope I can work out a good deal....

Quick Reply: New ES spotted in China