ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Next-Gen Lexus ES (ES350 and ES300h confirmed)

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-12, 01:54 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Incredible
Since both the ES and LS were an 07 release, and the new ES is going to be released soon, is the LS going to be next, or is it going to be a 2013 release (with a 2014 model)?
Obviously we can't be sure, but its a good bet they will be 2013 models released around the third/fourth quarters of 2012 on through the beginning of 2013. For what it's worth the MBZ S-class also came out in 07 as well as the G35 sedan, so their launches should be around the same time as the new Lexus sedans. Of course anything is possible. Other than news from the manufacturers, the upcoming big auto shows may leak info and rumormills too

Last edited by Hoovey689; 01-03-12 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-03-12, 01:56 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Consumer Reports has taken the LaCrosse off of their Recommended list due to declining reliability. Both the FWD and AWD versions have fallen into the Worse Than Average to Much Worse Than Average range.
Bob,I'm not surprised a new model GM vehicle is having issues.
All the hoopla about this car and now declining reliability...
Old 01-03-12, 01:56 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I see where they're going with the next ES.

Great play Lexus...great play.
Old 01-03-12, 02:21 PM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It wouldn't make sense if the ES were to have a sportier, "better" design than the GS. From what the rumors are saying about the ES (and the next gen Avalon for that matter), it is a "stunner" which was never said in the rumors about the 4GS. It doesn't matter to me in the end because I love the design of the 4GS.
Old 01-03-12, 02:28 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Lexus is definitely on a roll! Gotta love it!
Old 01-03-12, 02:31 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by mordecai
It wouldn't make sense if the ES were to have a sportier, "better" design than the GS. From what the rumors are saying about the ES (and the next gen Avalon for that matter), it is a "stunner" which was never said in the rumors about the 4GS. It doesn't matter to me in the end because I love the design of the 4GS.
When I hear the word "stunner" and ES in the same sentence, I immediately think of the very first, original ES300 that debuted in the early 90's. It was a super futuristic looking car with its dual-projector headlights, and really clean and smooth design. I can't wait to see what Lexus has planned for the next generation ES.
Old 01-03-12, 03:04 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

They focus on the right thing, ES to be fuel efficient, quite and comforable cruiser.
Can't wait to see the product!
Old 01-03-12, 03:40 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Your stating something subjective (and argumentative), so no. Your own opinion yes, but to the next guys view no
I compare cars in the same class.

I don't think anyone think the IS-F looks cooler then a M3.

I don't think anyone think the LFA looks more exciting then an Aventador.

People own Lexus because they are reliable and cheap to own, not because they are cool looking. Most people just put up with the bland look for the reliability.

Sure looks is in the eyes of the beholder, so for a person who value reliability the most, Lexus are beautiful. That's why I only owns Lexus right now and they are beautiful to me because I am poor. When I see an AMG or M3, all I see are headaches of fixing it. But if I win the lotto and money is no object, I won't own a single Asian car.

Looks wise, is a night and day difference. For people who don't know, the LFA looks like a $100k Lexus coupe while the Aventador looks like a million bucks.

Last edited by BNR34; 01-03-12 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-03-12, 03:49 PM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
I feel the LaCrosse is laughable now.
Odd shape and just plain ugly with a gaudy interior.
True. It's laughable as is
And everytime I see one, all I see is a wannabe lexus that is trying too hard.

Originally Posted by BNR34
But if I win the lotto and money is no object, I won't own a single Asian car.
I won't own a single Asian car either.
I'll own an Asian car, some I talians and Germans too
Old 01-03-12, 03:51 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
I compare cars in the same class.

I don't think anyone think the IS-F looks cooler then a M3.

I don't think anyone think the LFA looks more exciting then an Aventador.

People own Lexus because they are reliable and cheap to own, not because they are cool looking. Most people just put up with the bland look for the reliability.

Sure looks is in the eyes of the beholder, so for a person who value reliability the most, Lexus are beautiful. That's why I only owns Lexus right now and they are beautiful to me because I am poor. When I see an AMG or M3, all I see are headaches of fixing it. But if I win the lotto and money is no object, I won't own a single Asian car.
Even if money is no object I would still not want to own an unreliable car because I value my time. A breakdown on the road could mean a missed appointment or a ruined vacation, not to mention the embarrassment from waiting on the roadside and from having to apologize to people you wanted to meet or people you're with in the vacation. And that's not something I want to deal with in my car ownership.

Last edited by ydooby; 01-03-12 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-03-12, 04:15 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Yes all your points are 100% valid............for a poor normal person like myself. That's why I only owns Lexus right now.

BUT you must think like a truely rich person, IF you win the lotto and got a few hundreds millions USD in the bank, none of those points apply:

Originally Posted by ydooby
Even if money is no object I would still not want to own an unreliable car because I value my time. A breakdown on the road could mean a missed appointment or a ruined vacation,
Appointment? People wait for you and not care if you are late if you got millionsssss. Vacation? millionaires don't drive on their vacation.

Originally Posted by ydooby
not to mention the embarrassment from waiting on the roadside
Have you seen any truely rich person spotted waiting on the roadside when their exotic cars break down? That happens daily and tons of these folks have paparazzi on the tail constantly, if they are sitting there looking all dumb and embarrassed, we would see it. Paris Hilton and tons of folk's cars break down daily, they get pick up by their people within minutes. Not even enough time for the paparazzi to take their pics

If you REALLY do have money, you get pick up instantly from a varieties of sources and you are instantly driving another exotic car.

When you own 10+ cars, they can all be the most unreliable cars in the world, at least a few of them are running at any given time.

Repair and taking them in to get them fix? Personal assistant does that. If you are a real car guy like Jay Leno or Ralph Lauren, they got their own personal car manager that take cares of their cars at all time, have a private shop in the garage with a team of mechanics, they fix them instantly in their own garage. It is their full time job to make sure all the cars runs all the time.

The only issue is money, if you got money, nothing is a problem

Last edited by BNR34; 01-03-12 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-03-12, 04:27 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

^Haha very well then. (back to fantasizing about winning a lotto..)
Old 01-03-12, 04:34 PM
jimxo
Pole Position

I know someone who has seen the new ES recently. He said it looks a lot like the new GS. The front of the car mostly.
Old 01-03-12, 04:46 PM
Ty419
Lead Lap

For what it's worth, I think the IS-F looks better than an M3. I just never got on board with the BMW styling. I'm not saying it's bad, just that it isn't what I'm in to. I don't think it has anything to do with money, but just personal preference for styling. If I had one of each, I'd still think the IS-F looks better. Same with the LF-A.
Old 01-03-12, 05:07 PM
Diemellz
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

is the AcuraTL and Lincoln MK, are in the same segment as the ES?

Quick Reply: Next-Gen Lexus ES (ES350 and ES300h confirmed)