ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Next-Gen Lexus ES (ES350 and ES300h confirmed)

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-12, 08:34 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look, screw an F version of this car. The standard version is plenty sweet. This is the first Lexus in a while that I think I want to buy right now.
Old 04-18-12, 05:15 AM
noncom23
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just finished going through this thread.
Wow! Lexus is really trying to wake
up the ES. This car has more high
end attributes than ever. Hope it
drives and feels like the reading.
Will wait, inpatiently, for August.
Old 04-18-12, 07:10 AM
LexFather

(working hard to get family member to trade in HSh for ESh) One thing is she really likes the size of the HS between the IS/ES and this thing is much larger than the HS.
Old 04-18-12, 10:23 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
They want something more comfy.
The ES doesn't have any competition when it comes to ride comfort.That's why it's a bread and butter vehilcle for Lexus.The LaCross doesn't ride as smooth.
The Camry average buyer may be 45 but the SE is much younger.
The Toyotanation Camry forum is chock full of kids with SE's.
You wouldn't buy a ordinary ES and not many wouldn't buy a ES F-Sport.I know I wouldn't and this is my second ES350..
A ES350 and ES 300 works.Leave the T-Sport option to the real sporty type vehicles.
Heck,I feel an F-Sport RX is off the wall too.
Camry buyer prior to SE was >60 year old.
ES buyer prior to new gen is >60 year old.

Few years ago everyone told us nobody would buy SE Camry because it is vanilla transportation and nobody wants sporty version of it.

Get it?
Old 04-18-12, 10:36 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf

Few years ago everyone told us nobody would buy SE Camry because it is vanilla transportation and nobody wants sporty version of it.

Get it?
Get it?
You Lexus fanbois got to lighten up.
It's my opinion that an ES F-Sport won't sell and I doubt you'll see one.
I can be wrong and it won't be the first time.
Old 04-18-12, 10:41 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Last year 309,000 Camry's were sold vs. 41,000 ES350's. There is MUCH larger buying demographic (age & income) for Camry vs. ES350 hence a larger market for the SE.

I agree, it's most likely a moot point as I don't think we'll see an ES F Sport anyway.
Old 04-18-12, 10:47 AM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Last year 309,000 Camry's were sold vs. 41,000 ES350's. There is MUCH larger buying demographic (age & income) for Camry vs. ES350 hence a larger market for the SE.

I agree, it's most likely a moot point as I don't think we'll see an ES F Sport anyway.
The market for the Camry is naturally much larger than that of the ES because, of course, it's priced for the mainstream. The ES F-Sport doesn't need as large a market to be viable, however, because it has a much higher profit margin.
Old 04-18-12, 11:18 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ydooby
The market for the Camry is naturally much larger than that of the ES because, of course, it's priced for the mainstream. The ES F-Sport doesn't need as large a market to be viable, however, because it has a much higher profit margin.
it doesnt have to sell much at all... it is marketing vehicle... like M cars.

Here in Europe most A4's have "S line" exterior package... with 120hp or 140hp diesel engines that are painfully slow. They dont even have bigger wheels or stiffer suspension, all that is optional.

But everyone wants S line since it is cool looking.
Old 04-18-12, 11:27 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

it doesnt have to sell much at all... it is marketing vehicle... like M cars.

Here in Europe most A4's have "S line" exterior package... with 120hp or 140hp diesel engines that are painfully slow. They dont even have bigger wheels or stiffer suspension, all that is optional.

Here in the states,the S line is $10+K more and M's are at $20+K more.
Would you spend just under $50K on an ES F-Sport?
Old 04-18-12, 11:32 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Here in the states,the S line is $10+K more and M's are at $20+K more.
Would you spend just under $50K on an ES F-Sport?
we know F-Sport for RX and GS are not 10k more expensive... so I dont get what you are trying to say. Would I spend $2k more like for RX F-Sport? Yes.

Well I get it - it seems like ES F-Sport would be personal insult to some of the members.
And everyone wants to have Lexus with German option possibilities, but when they do it, then nobody wants it :-).

If you want to have Lexus like germans - you would have ES200 with 150hp petrol engine, 19" wheels, sport suspension with 20mm lowering, dynamic suspension and predator grille.
Old 04-18-12, 11:43 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

we know F-Sport for RX and GS are not 10k more expensive... so I dont get what you are trying to say. Would I spend $2k more like for RX F-Sport? Yes.

Well I get it - it seems like ES F-Sport would be personal insult to some of the members.
And everyone wants to have Lexus with German option possibilities, but when they do it, then nobody wants it :-).

If you want to have Lexus like germans - you would have ES200 with 150hp petrol engine, 19" wheels, sport suspension with 20mm lowering, dynamic suspension and predator grille.
You're right.
The S Line and M have upgrades for performance rather than some F-Sport badges and trim.Ok,a half inch lower stance too.
Funny how Lexus called a vehicle an F-Sport and yet it doesn't have any F-sport performance parts.At least in the IS series.I'm not sure but suspect it's the same with the RX and GS.
Thus the couple of grand extra cost.
I don't find the ES F-Sport insulting..
I just feel the F-Sport option is out of place on the RX350.
I've owned two ES350's and two RX350's and would never consider a F-Sport in either model.I just think it's a silly option on both vehicles.
What the heck?Let's slap an F-Sport badge on the GX,LX and LS460 too.
Also a LFA F-Sport.

Last edited by Joeb427; 04-18-12 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-18-12, 11:57 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

I don't find an ES F Sport insulting either. Improbable? Yes.
Old 04-18-12, 12:36 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,108 Likes on 1,367 Posts

that's called a poser vehicle. (show and no go)

wow, didn't know that, but checked it out and you're right. i did see an SE parked the other day, and i still think it looks horribly cheap but i know some want a reliable smooth car with a pretense of 'sport'.
Old 04-18-12, 01:13 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

You're right.
The S Line and M have upgrades for performance rather than some F-Sport badges and trim.Ok,a half inch lower stance too.
Funny how Lexus called a vehicle an F-Sport and yet it doesn't have any F-sport performance parts.At least in the IS series.I'm not sure but suspect it's the same with the RX and GS.
Thus the couple of grand extra cost.
I don't find the ES F-Sport insulting..
I just feel the F-Sport option is out of place on the RX350.
I've owned two ES350's and two RX350's and would never consider a F-Sport in either model.I just think it's a silly option on both vehicles.
What the heck?Let's slap an F-Sport badge on the GX,LX and LS460 too.
Also a LFA F-Sport.
Not sure what you mean by "The S Line and M have upgrades for performance rather than some F-Sport badges and trim."

RX F sport has AWD and 8 speed with paddle shifters. I don't know if you understand about the benefit of more gear or not, but 8 speed is a nice feature. Both GS and RX have better suspension tuning. Didn't GS just beat 5 series and A6? in MT comparison test for better handling? LOL how is that S and M package better?
Old 04-18-12, 01:20 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by cino
Not sure what you mean by "The S Line and M have upgrades for performance rather than some F-Sport badges and trim."

RX F sport has AWD and 8 speed with paddle shifters. I don't know if you understand about the benefit of more gear or not, but 8 speed is a nice feature. Both GS and RX have better suspension tuning. Didn't GS just beat 5 series and A6? in MT comparison test for better handling? LOL how is that S and M package better?
GS and RX seem to be the exception. IS and CT are completely appearance packages

Quick Reply: Next-Gen Lexus ES (ES350 and ES300h confirmed)