ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Possible 2013 Design Clues

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-11, 11:05 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Possible 2013 Design Clues

Has anyone seen the Lexus LF-GH concept car? It's was revealed in New York on April 19th, but you can also check it out on Lexus.com under their 'future' tab. It's aggressive looking and some folks think it will replace the GS. The big issue is that we may be looking at some possible design clues for the ES. I think it would be a big mistake to go with the front grill, which is to me is a little over the top...in your face, but the video on the site said it will show up in future production cars...the rear end could possible show up on the ES, but the grill could be a killer for the ES. Let's hope it doesn't show up on the ES.....
Old 05-05-11, 08:47 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by LexPaul
Has anyone seen the Lexus LF-GH concept car? It's was revealed in New York on April 19th, but you can also check it out on Lexus.com under their 'future' tab. It's aggressive looking and some folks think it will replace the GS. The big issue is that we may be looking at some possible design clues for the ES. I think it would be a big mistake to go with the front grill, which is to me is a little over the top...in your face, but the video on the site said it will show up in future production cars...the rear end could possible show up on the ES, but the grill could be a killer for the ES. Let's hope it doesn't show up on the ES.....
Since the L-Finese styling was implemented on all Lexus sedans and the RX, it makes you wonder if it will be the same with the new styling.

I would think given the older/conservative new car ES buyers, they might tone things down a bit. Just a guess though.
Old 05-05-11, 03:17 PM
safford197
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about that look - I wouldn't trade my '07 in for it that's for sure. I will say compared to the Acura front end I think it's better but that's not saying much. The shape of the trunk lid also looks Acura/Honda ish. Wonder if the same design firm in Japan is influencing the two major auto makers or is it that any new designers are coming from the same university...?

Personally I'm only looking forward to interior and performance enhancements. My UL '07 still wows me a little. For me to rationalize an upgrade I'd need some changes like the interior lights, GPS (display starting to seem smaller and smaller these days), the tranny is a slush bucket (Slow POS), it'd be nice if it were a faster car but I know it's no sports car so I'd keep the same speed and in trade take >33 MPGs hwy (Still it'd be nice to know I could blow the doors off a honda accord V6 or similar), I'd like the fancy color changing speedo and tach from the IS, AWD as an option, Some new tech like night vision, front and side view cameras like on a "high end" Hyundai, and maybe lane keep assist too.

And of course I want all that for about ~45K
Old 05-05-11, 04:12 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

I hope the 2012 isn't TOO nice. I've had my 2010 for just a little over a year and I don't want to get the itch for a new one too soon.
Old 05-08-11, 01:43 AM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I hope the 2012 isn't TOO nice. I've had my 2010 for just a little over a year and I don't want to get the itch for a new one too soon.
Yeah I heard that, I have a 2009 and if the 2012 is a knockout , It may be hard for me to resist the itch too....I agree with Lexus keeping the styling somewhat conservative, but the competition is is fierce, it may be time for them to let 'their hair' down some without running away their core customers, not an easy balance, they could probably beef up the sound system....add led front-rear lights, which I think is a given and make the internal hard drive standard. Lexus always does very well on interior creature comforts, so we shouldn't be disappointed on that score....
Old 05-08-11, 02:01 AM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by safford197
I don't know about that look - I wouldn't trade my '07 in for it that's for sure. I will say compared to the Acura front end I think it's better but that's not saying much. The shape of the trunk lid also looks Acura/Honda ish. Wonder if the same design firm in Japan is influencing the two major auto makers or is it that any new designers are coming from the same university...?

Personally I'm only looking forward to interior and performance enhancements. My UL '07 still wows me a little. For me to rationalize an upgrade I'd need some changes like the interior lights, GPS (display starting to seem smaller and smaller these days), the tranny is a slush bucket (Slow POS), it'd be nice if it were a faster car but I know it's no sports car so I'd keep the same speed and in trade take >33 MPGs hwy (Still it'd be nice to know I could blow the doors off a honda accord V6 or similar), I'd like the fancy color changing speedo and tach from the IS, AWD as an option, Some new tech like night vision, front and side view cameras like on a "high end" Hyundai, and maybe lane keep assist too.

And of course I want all that for about ~45K
That's not bad idea to push some the high end stuff down from the LS and others, but I'm sure they don't want to push the price out in GS territory. Remote start would be a nice add on for owners living in the colder climates. I took about an drive today and it still amazes me how smooth and refined the ES drives, My speed was between 75-80 mph just zipping down the interstate.

Just last week I went in the gas station to get a coffee and when I came out these 3 guys was surrounding my car looking around and inside (they were not the types that would raise suspicion, much older) They were amazed at the car, how clean it was and the styling, they definitely gave some really nice props on the ES...so I still have and get that 'wow' factor.... Very pleased with the ride....
Old 05-08-11, 04:40 AM
dman00001
Rookie

"That's not bad idea to push some the high end stuff down from the LS and others"

FYI, that was the intent of the Ultra Luxury option... to give the ES many of the same features and qualities of the LS... which they've already succeeded in my opinion but it does raise the cost significantly...
Old 05-09-11, 05:32 AM
larrytstar
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What is the prevailing opinion regarding a redesign of the ES, 2012 or 2013?
Old 05-09-11, 01:19 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

I really hope the ES will gain the comfort/sport shock settings it once had on older ES300/330 models
Old 02-20-12, 06:57 AM
daltron7
Driver School Candidate

Default Es13

Hello,

The photos of the white car with GS350 is spot on. Take your current es350 and toss it out. 13 is a full on new ride. Inside take your Q's from the Ct and new GS an your on the right track and AWD. I was never pulled to the ES just not like my GS450 I can say I am hot to add a 13 ES to my stable and the trunk is huge......
Old 02-20-12, 07:12 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by daltron7
Hello,

The photos of the white car with GS350 is spot on.
I must be missing another thread - but which white car are you referring to?
Old 02-20-12, 09:20 AM
MadMax96
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jj14
I must be missing another thread - but which white car are you referring to?
Not sure about the white car - but you guys did see this, right?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...test-mule.html
Old 02-20-12, 09:34 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks madmax96, yeah, I did see that.
Can't wait to see the interior on the new ES (trying to convince myself to wait for that instead of getting the GS now)
Old 02-20-12, 10:58 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sat in and looked over the new GS350 AWD at the Lexus dealership while waiting for the n/c 5,000 miles service. Looks far better in person versus magazine shots. Interior nice but keep on tradition of that wide console. Seems that baseball glove color saddle interior everywhere now. But the new GS a nice ride.
Old 02-20-12, 04:50 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by daltron7
Hello,

The photos of the white car with GS350 is spot on. Take your current es350 and toss it out. 13 is a full on new ride. Inside take your Q's from the Ct and new GS an your on the right track and AWD. I was never pulled to the ES just not like my GS450 I can say I am hot to add a 13 ES to my stable and the trunk is huge......
Probably no AWD as long as the ES is Camry based. If the Camry were ever to offer it then probably.

Quick Reply: Possible 2013 Design Clues