ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

front end collision repair troubles

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-15, 02:56 PM
grifgirl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry front end collision repair troubles

my ES300h was hit on the front bumper while parked in a parking lot. It's now been at the dealer for 6 weeks trying to find the cause of the "brake" light coming on with three quick beeps for NO apparent reason. This has been happening since the collision, and with each trip to the dealer they think they have it fixed..... I can't find a common denominator for what causes the light to come on, and cannot replicate it.....I'm at my wits end! Surely I am NOT the first person with front end damage to an ES300h???? ANYONE?????
Old 01-22-15, 01:45 AM
Poppa
Instructor

Received 166 Likes on 119 Posts

well not exactly the same thing, but 2 or 3 years ago I had a front end collision in my Avalon... from a dead stop at a stop light, I rear ended the car in front of me when the light changed.. I moved.. she didn't... couldnt have hit her at more than 10 mph... none the less I had continuous a/c issues after that... they would replace something in the a/c, then 3 months later when the a/c quit working again, they would replace something else on the a/c ... ended up having the compressor replaced a total of three times before I finally traded it in.... those front end collisions can cause issues that can be a real PIA to fix. Good luck.

Poppa
Old 01-22-15, 10:37 AM
atoyota
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by grifgirl
my ES300h was hit on the front bumper while parked in a parking lot. It's now been at the dealer for 6 weeks trying to find the cause of the "brake" light coming on with three quick beeps for NO apparent reason. This has been happening since the collision, and with each trip to the dealer they think they have it fixed..... I can't find a common denominator for what causes the light to come on, and cannot replicate it.....I'm at my wits end! Surely I am NOT the first person with front end damage to an ES300h???? ANYONE?????
When does the brake light come on? When starting the vehicle? When pressing the brakes? When in motion? Knowing when or what was going on when the brake light comes on might provide some clue or a lead to follow up on. I would think the Lexus techs could discover something by plugging in to the OBDII/On-Board Diagnostics System.
Old 01-26-15, 05:37 AM
grifgirl
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Poppa, appreciate the heads up!
Old 01-26-15, 05:43 AM
grifgirl
Driver School Candidate

The brake light will come on at different times while driving. Not always at the same speed. Never while the cruise control is on. Has gone off while passing a semi, but has also gone off numerous times while NO ONE is within 100 yards of me. have been able to reproduce the issue while traveling thru the Eisenhower Tunnel. The PCS sensor was replaced, and has now been re-aligned. The dealer "opened a ticket with Lexus" asking for help from corporate engineers.
Old 01-26-15, 08:38 AM
atoyota
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds frustrating. Hope they resolve it soon.
Old 01-26-15, 06:56 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by atoyota
. I would think the Lexus techs could discover something by plugging in to the OBDII/On-Board Diagnostics System.
I agree. I'm surprised the computer doesn't store an error code from which the tech can work from.