ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

What's the one thing you like the most/least about your ES350?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-16, 08:41 AM
Blue Moose Engineering
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by chuyrobles
"Our" ES350 is the wife's daily driver. I do get to drive her to dinner every Saturday. When I do, I like the soft comfortable drive. It's quiet and has a strong pick up. Rear seating is rather roomy.

What I don't like about it are the controls. I'm used to ***** and dials on my Tacoma and my girls' Corolla and Camry. Maybe, cause the controls are so different from the other cars. The steering controls are easy as they are similar to mine and the Camry. But everything above the stereo I end up asking the wife to set them. 't

I also don't like the plastic covers over the engine bay. They trap heat and I don't think they serve any performance feature. I have them out at the moment because I'm about to replace the control arms and need to raise the engine on each end some. I think I'm leaving off the panels for good this time around.
Originally Posted by jkayca
I tool my engine covers off a couple of years a go when replacing my headlights. Despite being careful I managed to break a couple of tabs. What a PITA. The engine was dirty anyway, so I didn't see the point on putting the covers back on. Haven't looked back since.
I agree. They're awful. We were looking around at fuses and I had to remove a bunch of plastic panels before I could get to anything. Obnoxious.

Originally Posted by 12jimmyjam
I do wish the ride was softer .
Ya but if it was then people would probably complain that it was too soft and it rolls around too much during turning. People are tough to please