ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

TPMS and Dash Cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-16, 07:56 AM
Dtwizz
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TPMS and Dash Cleaner

Hi all, I have a ES350 2007 and I recently got a new set of tires and since my TPMS light is on and the dealer stated that I would need to get a diagnostic which is $120 just to check the system to see what the issue is. I purchased the car from a reputable dealer which also owns the Lexus Dealership in my area.
All tires have been checked and the full size spare in the trunk, how can you determine which is the fault the sensor itself or just reprogramming the sensors. I understand it needs to be at a cold pressure when performing the reset but I cant seem to get it to work has anyone been able to do this?

Also I was wondering with the type of dash in the ES350 what is the best cleaner or protector to use on the dash?

Looking to replace stock headlight bulbs and I am looking for a white light not blue what is an good option to consider and looking at the assembly it seems to be 4 bulbs in each correct?
Low beam, High Beam,Turn signal, and a marker light?
Old 07-29-16, 12:56 PM
Clutchless

Received 1,091 Likes on 931 Posts

Welcome to CL. One pointer. Most of your questions have been asked before and the search feature is very helpful.

Have you done the TPMS reset? Did you manually check the tire pressure? Is the TPMS stating low pressure or error? Who put on the tires? They should have checked the TPMS sensors and maybe replaced the gaskets as they do go bad with age and they should have reset the the car TPMS for you. I would go back to them and complain.
Look at this link on how to reset it yourself https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-pressure.html
The link above is for a GS but our button is in about the same place under the steering wheel area of the lower dash. This is from another forum:
There are two buttons under there. The one on the right turns off the ABS and the one on the left resets the TPM. I held the button in and the warning light blinked three times and then went out. I then released the button, turned the car off and then restarted it and the light stayed off.

Try some Aerospace 303 protectant on the dash etc. It is now available at chain auto parts stores. Previously it was marketed to the boating industry. It is like SPF 40 for your stuff and has a nice matte finish.

Cannot answer your headlight question. I like the stock lights as they provide better night vision than those whiter lights at higher kelvin temps.