ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

How to remove rear seat in 5th Gen ES 350 / amp power cable run

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-16, 03:35 PM
meyst
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default How to remove rear seat in 5th Gen ES 350 / amp power cable run

Since I haven't seen an exact "how-to" for a 5th Gen ES 350, I thought I would share my experience. It's not exactly the same as the other seat removal guides! HpyFunBall did a really nice post for the 2GS, but a few things have changed!

1 - There are 2 clips in the front of the seat bottom. Each is situated near the center of each passenger's seat. Feel around with your fingers - you'll feel them. Just pull up real hard and the seat will slide out.

2 - There are 4 10mm bolts at the bottom of the seat back. (I forgot to take a picture while doing the work, but the picture indicates the postions - you can't miss them!)

3 - The seat back just slides straight up. You do NOT need to remove the seat belts, but they will get in your way a little bit (still a lot easier to deal with them than remove them.) You will need to Hulk out because it can tough to lift the seat back enough to clear the "loops". There are 3 "hooks" (3-B) that slide into the "loops" (3-C).

4 - Here is the best place to run wires (I ran both my 4ga power and 3 sets of RCAs, but on different sides of course!) Using this hole completely hides the wires!

Now, if anyone can help me figure out how to remove the rear deck, I would be much obliged! (I want to get rid of the stock sub.) I followed every guide, but couldn't find anything for the 5th Gen ES! I pried, hammered retainers from the bottom side of the deck, and tried everything, but it wouldn't budge!

The following 3 users liked this post by meyst:
DaveGS4 (01-16-20), mrsteve7 (01-17-20), notabot (05-23-18)
Old 01-15-20, 10:40 AM
kba19735
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by meyst
Since I haven't seen an exact "how-to" for a 5th Gen ES 350, I thought I would share my experience. It's not exactly the same as the other seat removal guides! HpyFunBall did a really nice post for the 2GS, but a few things have changed!

1 - There are 2 clips in the front of the seat bottom. Each is situated near the center of each passenger's seat. Feel around with your fingers - you'll feel them. Just pull up real hard and the seat will slide out.

2 - There are 4 10mm bolts at the bottom of the seat back. (I forgot to take a picture while doing the work, but the picture indicates the postions - you can't miss them!)

3 - The seat back just slides straight up. You do NOT need to remove the seat belts, but they will get in your way a little bit (still a lot easier to deal with them than remove them.) You will need to Hulk out because it can tough to lift the seat back enough to clear the "loops". There are 3 "hooks" (3-B) that slide into the "loops" (3-C).

4 - Here is the best place to run wires (I ran both my 4ga power and 3 sets of RCAs, but on different sides of course!) Using this hole completely hides the wires!

Now, if anyone can help me figure out how to remove the rear deck, I would be much obliged! (I want to get rid of the stock sub.) I followed every guide, but couldn't find anything for the 5th Gen ES! I pried, hammered retainers from the bottom side of the deck, and tried everything, but it wouldn't budge!

For " 3 - The seat back just slides straight up. You do NOT need to remove the seat belts, but they will get in your way a little bit (still a lot easier to deal with them than remove them.) You will need to Hulk out because it can tough to lift the seat back enough to clear the "loops". There are 3 "hooks" (3-B) that slide into the "loops" (3-C)." there is wiring from the back of the seat attached to with a clip to the base for the 2015 ES 350 model. Not sure how to unclip it to remove the back seat, anyone knows what i am talking about?
Old 01-16-20, 09:40 AM
kba19735
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, the seat slid up as described.