ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Any info on Takata airbag recall...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-16, 02:16 PM
recalled35
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly the problem. I am a lawyer (though not personal injury) and I understand what Lexus is attempting to do with the liability - it is, in my opinion, unconscionable. (and my dealer said I would absolutely not get a luxury vehicle; I'd likely get something like a "Mini-van".) Honest to goodness.

I'm definitely a former customer, and I intend to keep relaying the facts of this story everywhere I can. It's really unethical, in my opinion
Old 09-20-16, 02:59 PM
Blue Moose Engineering
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's really unfortunate. I wonder how the Honda people are feeling right now? Many of those are driver's side, so they don't even have the option of just not having a passenger.
Old 11-09-16, 08:40 AM
Jurzee
Driver School Candidate

Default Not on a reacll list

So I've been reading alot of responses about the Takata recall but when I checked my VIN it says that I have 0 recalls for my car period. Has anyone run into this? Should I still be looking for some kind of notification from Lexus or Toyota??
Old 11-11-16, 11:30 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

so am i understanding this correctly that lexus will reiburse us owners that are affected by the recal for a rental car if we choose to get a rental car ?
i know that my 2007 ES350 is affect and lexus told me it is what they consider a zone A car so it will be one of the first ones to be fixed.
however does this mean that since i have people in my front see and i don't want to drive unsafe and cause possible harm to them that if i choose to go to enterprise or hertz or avis or one of the large rental companys or even to toyota dealership to rent a vehcile from toytoa rentals that my lexus dealerhsip or that Lexus has to pay to reimburse me at the end of each month for the rental car ?
how does this work ?
Old 11-11-16, 12:17 PM
codejd
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
so am i understanding this correctly that lexus will reiburse us owners that are affected by the recal for a rental car if we choose to get a rental car ?
i know that my 2007 ES350 is affect and lexus told me it is what they consider a zone A car so it will be one of the first ones to be fixed.
however does this mean that since i have people in my front see and i don't want to drive unsafe and cause possible harm to them that if i choose to go to enterprise or hertz or avis or one of the large rental companys or even to toyota dealership to rent a vehcile from toytoa rentals that my lexus dealerhsip or that Lexus has to pay to reimburse me at the end of each month for the rental car ?
how does this work ?
My dealer said they would set it up for me if I chose to proceed.

Lexus will pay up to $35/day or $1,100/month.

When you go for the recall repair they will verify by your mileage that the car had not been driven (save for to & from your home) once you began the rental period or you will be responsible for all car rental charges.
Old 11-11-16, 01:50 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

I am on the phone with Lexus 800 Number Customer Service now asking them they are looking into information for a loaner vehicle for me.

Lexus will pay up to $35/day or $1,100/month.

When you go for the recall repair they will verify by your mileage that the car had not been driven (save for to & from your home) once you began the rental period or you will be responsible for all car rental charges.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by ThumperPup; 11-11-16 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-11-16, 02:40 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Just got off the phone with lexus they toldme to call my lexus dealer and they would set me up with a rental.
i called my dealer they where very nice however the issue that might come is the rental company they use is hertz they are checking to see if they can use another company. because i am on hertz do not rent list because of something tha happened 3 years ago in one of there rental cars so no i wait to see what happens.
Old 11-12-16, 06:07 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...50-recall.html

i posted some information in this thread.
Old 11-16-16, 08:14 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

My Dealer contacted me yesterday saying they have a rental car for me.
Old 11-17-16, 12:25 AM
Cjet
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

My Dealer contacted me yesterday saying they have a rental car for me.
Hi Thumper,
Is Lexus paying for this rental, or do you have to cough up a credit card for later reimbursement from Lexus?
Old 11-17-16, 12:38 AM
Cjet
Rookie

Originally Posted by recalled35
Exactly the problem. I am a lawyer (though not personal injury) and I understand what Lexus is attempting to do with the liability - it is, in my opinion, unconscionable. (and my dealer said I would absolutely not get a luxury vehicle; I'd likely get something like a "Mini-van".) Honest to goodness.

I'm definitely a former customer, and I intend to keep relaying the facts of this story everywhere I can. It's really unethical, in my opinion
This is unethical and poor customer service. They can't figure out how to remove the pax airbag and put in a resistor for the removed airbag so the others work ok (or some other work around?)...... B.S.

Greed and stupidity have replaced quality and customer satisfaction and this will be my last Lexus.
Any news on a class action lawsuit regarding this yet?
Has anyone been successful with having Lexus pay for diminished value when selling a car?
Stay safe!
Old 11-17-16, 07:20 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by Cjet
Hi Thumper,
Is Lexus paying for this rental, or do you have to cough up a credit card for later reimbursement from Lexus?

my dealer is paying for the rental i just have to put my credit card on file for deposit like every rentla when you get a rental even from your insruance if they pay for a rental for a accident you always have to put your credit card on file with the rental company and they usualy authorize it for between 100 to 200 dollars just for security
but the dealer is paying for the rental
Old 11-18-16, 07:33 PM
Cjet
Rookie

my dealer is paying for the rental i just have to put my credit card on file for deposit like every rentla when you get a rental even from your insruance if they pay for a rental for a accident you always have to put your credit card on file with the rental company and they usualy authorize it for between 100 to 200 dollars just for security
but the dealer is paying for the rental
Wow, congrats!
Old 12-01-16, 09:21 PM
sparkins
Driver School Candidate

My mother-in-law ('08 ES350) called me tonight, asking about the possibility of the dealer disabling the SRS. I told her it was extremely unlikely, since they don't want the liability in the event that there was an accident and an airbag didn't deploy. I've already offered to disconnect the passenger bag, if I can get to the connector. I've worked on cars with airbags, and even dismantled a couple of airbag-equipped cars, so I'm familiar with disconnecting the battery, waiting a few minutes, etc. She hates it because she can't use the front passenger seat.
Old 12-13-16, 01:11 PM
topanga
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I called three dealers in my area (Los Angeles, CA) asking when they expect to receive the replacement inflators for the Takata passenger-side air bags. Two said they are expecting delivery in January 2017 and the third said early February.

Let's hope this is accurate information.

Quick Reply: Any info on Takata airbag recall...