Bluetooth streaming with text display

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-16, 09:41 AM
aboulay
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth streaming with text display

Hello All,

Been reading these threads now for a while an decided to chime in and post a question. Recently purchased a 2009 ES 350 for an amazing price with under 100km. (family member so i trust the car history).

Anyways, i have owned a few cars in the past and have typically gone and upgraded features here and there to be able to add convenience to my car. Most recently, had a 2004 Toyota Highlander fully loaded, that i upgraded the sound system with Bluetooth and touch screen display.

So here is my one problem with the car. I am used to streaming music from my phone to an in dash display. This is basically the norm for most who like me use their phone a lot for work and load up a 64gb sd card full of music . I have read and found quite a few options on here for streaming Bluetooth using dongles and what not, including some kits that allow it to be controlled from the in car setup. I have an ES with the embedded NAV so no use or need to replace the unit. The thing i want however is to be able to view the track names on screen with the current nav system, through some sort of A2DP setup. Most of the kits i see, aren't true A2DP as they don't show audio source info and just act as a passthourgh, which is bloody useless.

Has anyone found a module i can install on my 2009 ES 350 that will allows for music to be streamed VIA Bluetooth and display track information on the factory NAV. I have seen a few that claim to be able to do this but generally prefer "consumer" feedback over manufacturer (ironic owing that i work in marketing :P) .

thank you all for your assistance.
Old 04-12-16, 06:14 PM
KMiles
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I installed a USASPEC in my Infiniti and it works well. I looked on their website and they make a unit for your car: BT45-TOY. You might look on their site and see if it meets your needs. On my Infiniti, I get all of the text information you're asking for and it connects well. The only thing you might want to think about is if you're willing to turn off the native Bluetooth for the phone in the car. For the USASPEC unit to work best, you use it for both the phone and for music. You can also control the phone from the car buttons on the steering wheel and on the screen.
Old 04-13-16, 01:30 PM
nsnqst
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks so much, I was considering an aftermarket radio but this probably is a better option if wifey is ok with not having a backup camera (with the aftermarket audio/ video player)

Originally Posted by KMiles
I installed a USASPEC in my Infiniti and it works well. I looked on their website and they make a unit for your car: BT45-TOY. You might look on their site and see if it meets your needs. On my Infiniti, I get all of the text information you're asking for and it connects well. The only thing you might want to think about is if you're willing to turn off the native Bluetooth for the phone in the car. For the USASPEC unit to work best, you use it for both the phone and for music. You can also control the phone from the car buttons on the steering wheel and on the screen.