ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Considering a 350 with Ultra Luxury, need some advice.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-16, 11:50 AM
Tetguy
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I meant to add that the car has been everything I could hope for. It`s been trouble free. The only annoying thing that cropped up this past summer was the roof at times developed THAT rattle when it was open. I have an extended warranty that expires in Sept. From some posts that I have read, I`m not sure if I want to take it in. It seems some people experienced that it only made it worse.
Old 01-30-16, 02:34 PM
jbalian
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2007 UL, i've had it for a bit over 3 years now, it's been a pretty reliable car, all in all I changed 2 oxygen sensors and the battery, what I like the most is that it looks nicer than most 2016 cars out there even though it's almost 10 years old! The only time the roof rattles is when I go under the car wash dryer so I tend to pass pretty quickly under it.

Old 01-31-16, 03:27 AM
MikeW83
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tetguy
I meant to add that the car has been everything I could hope for. It`s been trouble free. The only annoying thing that cropped up this past summer was the roof at times developed THAT rattle when it was open. I have an extended warranty that expires in Sept. From some posts that I have read, I`m not sure if I want to take it in. It seems some people experienced that it only made it worse.
1) I am so sorry! My ES has been rear ended at least 3 times that I can remember All at low(ish) speeds, so it hasn't done any major damage. Where the top right of the bumper meets my fender behind the back door is sticking out about 3mm, but that's it.

Another poster in the 4th gen forums was saying that his wife ended up totaling her 02 ES. The insurance company still gave them 7k for the car. Seeing as yours is 5 years newer, you might actually be shocked at how the value holds up. See if you can search it on Black Book. They might end up fixing yours.

2) Tell me, what is THAT rattle?! I'm so glad you mentioned this, these are the things I'm looking for. Also what is the worsening fix?
Old 01-31-16, 03:37 AM
MikeW83
Driver

Originally Posted by jbalian
I have a 2007 UL, i've had it for a bit over 3 years now, it's been a pretty reliable car, all in all I changed 2 oxygen sensors and the battery, what I like the most is that it looks nicer than most 2016 cars out there even though it's almost 10 years old! The only time the roof rattles is when I go under the car wash dryer so I tend to pass pretty quickly under it.
I agree! I really like the styling of the ES. Granted, now that I have the NX, it looks incredibly dated to me. It's hard, when you have a giant fighter plane looking SUV with 6 LED headlights and daytime runnings, but they're still incredibly classic, and beautiful looking.

I think every car I've owned has rattled in the car wash. It's just the nature of the roof and that high wind.
Old 01-31-16, 10:32 AM
Tetguy
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mike...._From what I can gather it`s some of the linkage components wearing down. It depends on the spreed your traveling and wind gusts or across wind makes it more dominant. At highway speeds with no wind has been no problem yet.
If you do some searching on this forum you will find a few posts regarding this sunroof rattle.
Old 04-30-16, 08:33 PM
MikeW83
Driver

Originally Posted by Tetguy
Until a week ago my 08 ul looked identical. No scratches or dents,115,000 kms. Then kaboom. I was rear ended at a stop sign by a Nissan Titan 3/4 ton with a welder on the back.The front end suffered as well because I hit a Honda Accord suv. I can`t open the trunk as the frame was pushed in and the fenders (extension of the rear bumper) have popped open. The front didn`t suffer as bad because the accident sensor kicked in. The hood doesn`t line up to close properly without extra effort. Mechanically it seems to run fine but I have a feeling it may be written off. My neck, shoulders and upper back are quite stiff yet waiting to see the doc and ins. adjuster on weds. I would post some pics but I can` find a link on the site that shows me how.
Omg, I am so sorry to hear that, are you alright?! Did they end up writing the car off?