ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Anyone using a remote starter?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-16, 02:32 PM
LexPegged
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone using a remote starter?

My preowned ES came with a remote starter. It works great, however when the vehicle is started using the he remote, as soon as I open the door, the car turns off and I need to restart it. The model I have is Viper 5901. In the manual it says that if I use the Viper remote to unlock the doors, it should not turn the engine off. What gives? Anyone have the same issue/work around?
Old 01-12-16, 02:34 AM
codejd
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Yep, that's how mine works. I was a bit bummed when I first found this out but it's really not much different than my wife's '15 Navigator; although her car does not completely restart you still have to push the ignition button once inside the car.
Old 01-16-16, 04:23 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

Received 116 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by LexPegged
My preowned ES came with a remote starter. It works great, however when the vehicle is started using the he remote, as soon as I open the door, the car turns off and I need to restart it. The model I have is Viper 5901. In the manual it says that if I use the Viper remote to unlock the doors, it should not turn the engine off. What gives? Anyone have the same issue/work around?
It says it won't shut it off when the door is unlocked and from what I've read that's how it's currently operating! It's the opening of the door, not the unlocking, that is shutting off the vehicle and 9 out of 10 operate this way. Personally I prefer having that security feature.

It's all about the bypass module. Most systems come like yours but there are some out there that will allow the vehicle to continue running even once the door is opened.
Old 01-16-16, 08:38 AM
Blueshark
Lead Lap

had one installed by toyota, but lexus requiert me to unstall it after trying to make a new fob key because the master tech could not reprogram the key at all ???

I miss the remote start.
Old 11-05-17, 03:09 AM
mirekti
Pit Crew

Thanks for all the details. I went with Compustar and remote is 2-way Prime R3.
Works great!!!
There is one small bug which maybe can be fixed, need to talk to the installer. Wheb I remote start & stop the engine (very unlikely scenario) the lights will remain on (I always keep them in on position). Also hiting lock button two times doesn’t help either. With the Lexus key first press locks the car, the second one shuts the lights.
This will be a game changer for Chicago winters, but also hot summer days. I am very happy and hope I wont have any battery drainage issues.
Old 11-05-17, 04:17 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 852 Likes on 648 Posts

If you open and close one of the doors or the trunk lid the lights will go off after 30/60 seconds.
Old 11-05-17, 07:37 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

I am having a Compustar cs920-s remote start unit installed this coming week its supposed to be delivered to Best Buy store on November 8th one of those things best buy sells but they don't keep in stock it's shipping from the vendor. it's a 1 way but since I am getting the Drone Mobil application installed also for it I don't care too much about the fact that it only comes with a 1-way antenna and 1-way remotes.

I have head that at least with the Compustar there may be a work around to the part about it shutting off when the door opens I have read that there could be a work around if you have enough time once you open the drivers door and then step on the break withing 30 seconds of opening the door this will keep the car from shutting off i read int he tech sections of Compustar website but not sure if it works with our ES350 I know it does work with some Toyota and Lexus models but not sure which one.

What I am trying to find out is if I need extra module or special parts in order to program the factory remote fob to work with the remote start I heard that some units allow you to use the remote key fob OEM to press the lock button twice and then hold it down the 3rd time and t will start

I choose the Compustar CS920 because it was on sale 199.00 and included install and all the bypass parts and everything in one kit i called a best buy and spoke with one of the install techs to verify that with my car i won't need any extra parts that the kid does not come with and that their won't be any extra programing or install charges because of my car and when he assured me that for my 07 ES350 all I will pay is 208 after taxes for the remote start and a 5 dollar shop fee
nothing else no extra labor no extra parts I decided to buy it.
the Surprising thing is I paid the 208 on bestbuy.com and like 3 days latter they revers the 208 charge on my discover card and then recharged me 128 and change i called to find out why and no one had any explanation but then someone said oh it looks like there were another 80 dollars that you where discounted for some reason so now I will get the drop mobile unit installed because best buy has that for 149.99 and that means for under 300 dollars I will have what I have wanted for years but just didn't want to spend 600 like everyone else always wanted.
Old 11-15-17, 05:25 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by lgb0250
It says it won't shut it off when the door is unlocked and from what I've read that's how it's currently operating! It's the opening of the door, not the unlocking, that is shutting off the vehicle and 9 out of 10 operate this way. Personally I prefer having that security feature.

It's all about the bypass module. Most systems come like yours but there are some out there that will allow the vehicle to continue running even once the door is opened.
what do you mean the operating of the sunroof is casuing the issues for the car to shut off ? does it think that the doors are open when the sunroof opens ?
Old 11-16-17, 04:34 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

Received 116 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
what do you mean the operating of the sunroof is casuing the issues for the car to shut off ? does it think that the doors are open when the sunroof opens ?
i don’t believe my quote says anything about the sunroof ThumperPup. I believe I said it would shut off when the door opens. It’s not the unlocking of the door that causes it. I may try the sunroof next time just to see if it shuts the car off.
Old 11-16-17, 10:29 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by lgb0250
i don’t believe my quote says anything about the sunroof ThumperPup. I believe I said it would shut off when the door opens. It’s not the unlocking of the door that causes it. I may try the sunroof next time just to see if it shuts the car off.
ah ok sorry i miss read that
Old 01-22-19, 05:35 AM
dmcclend
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drone Alarm

Hello can you tell me if your alarm system on your car is still working properly. I’m having trouble with the CompuStar on my GS300.
Old 01-22-19, 10:33 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by dmcclend
Hello can you tell me if your alarm system on your car is still working properly. I’m having trouble with the CompuStar on my GS300.
mine has been very tempermental since i had the copustar installed in my ES350 2007
like say i stop at the gas station get out of the card close the doors pump gas the second i opne the door to get back in the car the alarm goes off
or if i open the hood the sencond i actualy open the hood the alarm goes off
unless i use the oem remote fob to unlock the door and that sends a command to the oem alarm to dissengage then whenever i do anyting like open the door using the touch the handle ot unlock then when the door opens alarm sounds so anywhere that there is a sensor like hood or door since the ocmpustar it has been having this issues
is this the same your asking about ?
Old 01-22-19, 10:41 AM
dmcclend
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
mine has been very tempermental since i had the copustar installed in my ES350 2007
like say i stop at the gas station get out of the card close the doors pump gas the second i opne the door to get back in the car the alarm goes off
or if i open the hood the sencond i actualy open the hood the alarm goes off
unless i use the oem remote fob to unlock the door and that sends a command to the oem alarm to dissengage then whenever i do anyting like open the door using the touch the handle ot unlock then when the door opens alarm sounds so anywhere that there is a sensor like hood or door since the ocmpustar it has been having this issues
is this the same your asking about ?
No, i'm just getting the alarm installed now and they are having issues. I'm getting the compustar drone for my phone as well.