ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

My latest rims - third time is the charm.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-15, 08:37 PM
bsebastian
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My latest rims - third time is the charm.

Previous wheels/tires: <br/>Chrome plated AMG replica wheels, 18x8 with 235/45-18 tires.

Another angle....

New wheel/tire setup:<br/>Hyper silver IS-F replica wheels, 19x8 with 235/40-19s.

Another angle....

Old 01-04-16, 11:47 AM
GrnIdKjun
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the newer wheels. 19"? How do those ride?

I think I'm too practical. I like my 17", comfort & tire price.
Those are pretty though.
Old 01-04-16, 02:40 PM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

It's your choice so I assume you like them. It's not my taste to go chrome as I think it is to ghetto. Enjoy
Old 01-11-16, 05:50 AM
bsebastian
Driver School Candidate

Between the coilovers and the wheel/tire combo it's a completely different ride from stock. I had to take the car into the dealership for a new CV joint last week and drove a 2015 ES for a few days. Certainly more comfortable but I felt I like was driving a land yacht. Maybe in another 20 years but I right now I love how my car handles. if I ever bought another ES I would set it up the same way.
Old 01-11-16, 06:55 AM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

You shouldn't need to justify you decision on the form. You asked for comments and should expect both positive and negative responses. If you like your wheels then you can keep your wheels. All you need to please is yourself. Enjoy them.
Old 01-14-16, 08:36 AM
GrnIdKjun
Rookie

Originally Posted by bsebastian
Between the coilovers and the wheel/tire combo it's a completely different ride from stock. I had to take the car into the dealership for a new CV joint last week and drove a 2015 ES for a few days. Certainly more comfortable but I felt I like was driving a land yacht. Maybe in another 20 years but I right now I love how my car handles. if I ever bought another ES I would set it up the same way.
Mine has the factory cushy ride, I went from a zippy mini cooper into this so was ready for a more plush ride.
The new wheels look like more of a satin finish than a chrome.
Not a completely matte satin, but definitely look like a rich satin in the picture.
Old 01-14-16, 04:27 PM
Lexus081
Driver

the set in the second pics are much better
Old 01-18-16, 05:41 AM
bsebastian
Driver School Candidate

The second set is the new set and they are hyper silver. I wanted a setup that looked factory but in a more aggressive size and stance. Like I was saying earlier, my car is now nine years old and I was getting ready to trade it in and drop $40k or more for a new car. But as you can see it still looks brand new because I've taken good care of it and it only has 70k miles because I mostly work from home. Spending a few hundred bucks for some new shoes did wonders to rekindle the love I felt when I first bought the car and now I don't see me selling her anytime soon. My little daughter even gave her a name (Alexis - pretty clever huh?).
Old 01-18-16, 09:08 AM
GrnIdKjun
Rookie

Originally Posted by bsebastian
The second set is the new set and they are hyper silver. I wanted a setup that looked factory but in a more aggressive size and stance. Like I was saying earlier, my car is now nine years old and I was getting ready to trade it in and drop $40k or more for a new car. But as you can see it still looks brand new because I've taken good care of it and it only has 70k miles because I mostly work from home. Spending a few hundred bucks for some new shoes did wonders to rekindle the love I felt when I first bought the car and now I don't see me selling her anytime soon. My little daughter even gave her a name (Alexis - pretty clever huh?).
Nice! Well, women are all about some new shoes!
These paid off.. Where did you find them?
And yes, cute play on the name.
Old 01-18-16, 11:19 AM
HenryF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I highly advise against replica wheels. They are usually made by a no-name Chinese company with inferior casting and they crack or break. This can put you and anyone around you at risk.
Old 01-25-16, 05:15 AM
bsebastian
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HenryF
I highly advise against replica wheels. They are usually made by a no-name Chinese company with inferior casting and they crack or break. This can put you and anyone around you at risk.
Thanks for the warning, kind of. Have you had a personal experience with this? Anyone else here on the forum have similar experiences, or with products from OE Wheels in particular?
Old 01-27-16, 07:58 PM
VindiCated
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Those wheels compliment the car colour really well. What brand coilovers are you dropped on?
Old 01-29-16, 02:18 PM
zealexus
Driver

Very nice, best looking rims for the car I've seen ������������
Old 01-29-16, 07:19 PM
KMiles
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I agree - they look great on your car. What tires did you install?
Old 02-01-16, 09:19 AM
bsebastian
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VindiCated
Those wheels compliment the car colour really well. What brand coilovers are you dropped on?
Thanks! They were D2 and I believe it was the RS series (I installed these several years ago). Here is a product blurb from D2's website:

"The RS Series suspension kit is our most popular coilover. Featuring a 36-way damping and rebound adjustable monotube design, RS Series coilovers are perfect for the modified street car that also sees occasional track days. This coilover has separate height and preload adjustments allowing for optimal suspension tuning while maintaining full strut travel at all times.Features:36-way damping adjustable monotube shock assemblies. Full ride height adjustability with separate spring preload. Anodized finish and Teflon coated threads to prevent rust. Upper camber plates and pillow ball mounts* (6061 Aluminum construction)1 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty. Serviceable in the USA

Quick Reply: My latest rims - third time is the charm.