ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

My latest rims - third time is the charm.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-16, 09:26 AM
bsebastian
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KMiles
I agree - they look great on your car. What tires did you install?
Nexen 235/40-19s, $136/tire. Here is the description from Tire Rack's website where I ordered them from:

"The Classe Premiere CP671 is Nexen's Grand Touring All-Season tire developed for sedans, coupes and compacts. Designed for all seasons, Classe Premiere CP671 tires combine a quiet, comfortable ride with all-season traction in dry, wet and wintry conditions, even in light snow.

The all-season tread compound of the Classe Premiere CP671 is molded into a symmetric block design with broad shoulder blocks and a continuous center rib to promote cornering and directional stability. Four straight wide grooves channel away water to avoid hydroplaning and maximize traction on wet roads while lateral grooves and multiple sipes enhance starting and stopping capability in foul weather.

The tire's internal structure includes twin steel belts reinforced by spirally wrapped nylon on top of a polyester casing to combine strength and durability with ride comfort"
Old 02-01-16, 07:55 PM
VindiCated
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bsebastian
Thanks! They were D2 and I believe it was the RS series (I installed these several years ago). Here is a product blurb from D2's website:

"The RS Series suspension kit is our most popular coilover. Featuring a 36-way damping and rebound adjustable monotube design, RS Series coilovers are perfect for the modified street car that also sees occasional track days. This coilover has separate height and preload adjustments allowing for optimal suspension tuning while maintaining full strut travel at all times.Features:36-way damping adjustable monotube shock assemblies. Full ride height adjustability with separate spring preload. Anodized finish and Teflon coated threads to prevent rust. Upper camber plates and pillow ball mounts* (6061 Aluminum construction)1 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty. Serviceable in the USA
Thanks, I need to look into these. If you recall 7 yrs ago, were these D2s a straight forward replacement install? Any additional modifications that needed to be done?
Old 10-11-18, 09:59 PM
saad11es
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bsebastian
Nexen 235/40-19s, $136/tire. Here is the description from Tire Rack's website where I ordered them from:

"The Classe Premiere CP671 is Nexen's Grand Touring All-Season tire developed for sedans, coupes and compacts. Designed for all seasons, Classe Premiere CP671 tires combine a quiet, comfortable ride with all-season traction in dry, wet and wintry conditions, even in light snow.

The all-season tread compound of the Classe Premiere CP671 is molded into a symmetric block design with broad shoulder blocks and a continuous center rib to promote cornering and directional stability. Four straight wide grooves channel away water to avoid hydroplaning and maximize traction on wet roads while lateral grooves and multiple sipes enhance starting and stopping capability in foul weather.

The tire's internal structure includes twin steel belts reinforced by spirally wrapped nylon on top of a polyester casing to combine strength and durability with ride comfort"
Hi. Can you tell me where you got the rims from ? is that 19x8 ? i am only able to find 19x9 . not sure if it will fit . can you confirm? thanks
Old 10-11-18, 11:07 PM
ellocovg
Advanced

Received 201 Likes on 133 Posts

Car looks mean, love the tint look. You have the same color as me. Is your car the UL? Or did you paint the roof?