ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Used remote FOB programming success

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-15, 08:07 PM
kinny
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Used remote FOB programming success

I know there are many topics on this subject, but I really felt the need to submit my experience.
I just bought a 2008 LEXUS ES350 on 22DEC2014. The car came with only 1 remote FOB and no other documentation or owners manual. After some research on this forum and the internet, I discovered my wonderful new car can be quite a headache when it comes to replacing lost or missing items and including maintenance and repair.

So to the point I called the dealership and they wanted around $320.00 for a new FOB and manual key cut. I went to ebay and found a used remote for $55.00 and also a questionable OBDII Toyota/Lexus keyless remote programmer from China for $14.00 and it claimed to work fine for my vehicle model. I kept looking for actual videos on how actually use this item successfully, I never did and I got the instructions from the seller. The instructions were very confusing and vague really hard to understand.
I TRIED TO PERFORM THE ADD A KEY MODE 18-20 TIMES WITHOUT SUCCESS.
So then I tried something I shouldn't have done I performed the (ALL KEYS LOST) mode, somehow it seemed to erase my original key and the damn car would not respond anymore and seemed dead. I was sick to my stomach I just knew I messed things up real good and now I will have to between $400-$600 to have the car towed and the stealership to reprogram everything.
I disconnected the battery for about 4 minutes then put it back on. I tried 3 more times and on the last time instead of (releasing the programmer button) after 2 beeps I accidentally held on to it and it let out 1 more beep. I immediately released it then followed the rest of the instructions and miraculously within 2 minutes (not 10-16 minutes) it went into the learn key mode I put the original FOB on the start button and I put the used FOB on the start button afterwards I waited for 30-50 seconds and the mode closed out. I tested both remotes and they work perfectly. I felt such relief and joy and my baby heart attack went away. SO I SUCCESSFULLY ADDED ANOTHER KEY FOB FOR $69.00 INSTEAD OF $320.00 BUT LET ME BE VERY CLEAR THIS COULD HAVE WENT VERY BAD SO USED FOBS DO WORK BUT DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
I plan on buying 2 more used FOB's in a couple of months and I hope I can have a total of 4 working FOBS.

New OBD2 OBDII OBD II Smart Key Maker Programmer KeyMaker For Toyota & Lexus

Introduction:
Security and high efficiency: It's only need almost 20 seconds to finish one key making. It can be used securely for all the 4D and smart keys anti-theft system of Toyota series without the dangerous to destory the anti-theft system. This product is the fastest and safest instrument to do the key programming of Toyota and Lexus series in case of all keys losing.

Features:
100% Brand new and High quality
Safe and efficient: Only need 20 seconds to add one key
It is safe for the security alarm system
Support all kinds of Toyota and Lexus smart key system: support K line and CAN-BUS protocols
It is the most safe and fast key programmer device for Toyota and Lexus series till now
It supports all key lost

The detailed operating steps are as following:

Common Keys
1.Turn the ignition switch "ON" using the key with the orginal 4D chip.

2. Insert the key programmer to the car diagnostic interface OBD, and the instrument will enter into the procedure of car auto searching with a short sound of "di". 7 seconds later, the key programmer connect with the car computer successfully with the short sound of two or three "di"(two means the car is belong to the second generation and the three means third generation.); After 20 seconds, the instrument will enter into the "learning key procedure" with a long sound of "di".

3. Reading the key code
3.1.Match two main keys and one subsidiary key to the IMMO computer(attention: There must be two new main keys and one subsidiary key)
a) Insert the first new key into the ignition lock and wait for 5 seconds,and then the SEC light turns on.(Don't turn on the ingntion when the key is inserted.)
b) Insert another main key into the ignition lock and wait for 5 seconds, and then the SEC light turns on.(Don't turn on the ingntion when the key is inserted.)
c) Insert the subsidiary key into the ignition lock and then the SEC light turns off. (Don't turn on the ingntion when the key is inserted.)
3.2.Only match one or two main keys to the immo computer ( Close the matching mode manually after the matching finished.)
a) Insert the first main key and wait for 5 seconds, SEC light turns on. (Don't turn on the ingntion when the key is inserted.)
b)Insert the second main key and wait for 5 seconds, SEC light turns on. (Don't turn on the ingntion when the key is inserted.)
c)Insert the first finished key, turn on the ignition quickly for 5 times and then take out.

Smart Keys
1.Safe and efficient: Only need 20 seconds to add one key
2.It is safe for the security alarm system
3.Support all kinds of Toyota and Lexus smart key system: support K line and CAN-BUS protocols
4.It is the most safe and fast key programmer device for Toyota and Lexus series till now.
5.It supports all key lost

Notice:
1.Must use the right new smart keymaker, and follow the right step above, otherwise you take the consequences.
2.If the device can match the key, and LED light shining constantly, pls clear the error code by using anti-theft system such as T300.
3.After finishing program keys, the key can strat but the SEC light is still turn on, maybe you use the vice key, only main key can manually shut the study mode.
4. Dont try to open the cover of programmer and dash board, otherwise you take the consequences.
5..This machine is only provided for the legal auto repair. Otherwise you will take the above consequences.

Using the smart key
1. Add the other keys into the main key
1.1..Insert the key programmer to the car diagnostic interface OBD, and the instrument will enter into the procedure of car auto searching with a short sound of "di".
1.2.Push the start-button twice. After 7 seconds the vehicle will connect the devices successfully, and the equipment will send off a sound of "di" with 4-5 times, (4 sounds mean that the system is the 4th period, 5 sounds mean that the system is the 5th period); after waiting for 30 seconds the equipment will send off a long soung of"di", it means the car enter into "learning key state."

2. When lost all keys or only have the deputy key, we need to do it initialize:
2.1.Hold down the LED button on the equipment, and insert it into the OBD, and release the button after the sound of "di" twice,the device enter into the state of search vehicles in this time. :
2.2..Push the start-button twice. After 7 seconds the vehicle will connect the devices successfully, and the equipment will send off a sound of "di" with 4-5 times, (4 sounds mean that the system is the 4th period, 5 sounds mean that the system is the 5th period); after 5 seconds the lights of SEC will be off; after waiting for 10-16 minutes the equipment will send off a long sound of "di", and the SEC lights flashing, that means the car enter into "learning key state."

3. Learning the intelligent key to the anti-theft of computer:
When the sign back of the intelligent keys near the launch button, will hear 2 sounds of "di" "di" at this time, the SEC lights will flash twice;after learning all the intelligent keys, it have to wait for 30 seconds until the SEC lights flash,and the system will close the learning pattern automatic.

Instruction Set 2

Package include:
1pcs x OBD2 Smart Key Maker For Toyota& Lexus

Toyota Smart Keymaker OBD for 4D chip features
Safe and efficient:
Only need 20 seconds to add one key
It is safe for the security alarm system
Support all kinds of Toyota and Lexus smart key system:
support K line and CAN-BUS protocols
It is the most safe and fast key programmer device for Toyota and Lexus series till now.
It supports all key lost
Please read the operation instructions and important notice before making a key
Use the main key to add the other keys:
Connect the programmer to the OBD port of the car, there are some short beep sounds after power on, it enters auto search car status.
Press the start button twice to wake up the anti-theft module. When the connection with the module is done successfully after 7 seconds, there is a long beep 4-5 sounds (4 sounds means the system is IV K system, 5 sounds means V CANBUS system). Wait 30 seconds, there are a long beep sounds, it means the car enter into add key state.
Add smart key:
put the original car key (with the logo side) access to the start button, you should hear two beep sounds. SEC light will flash twice; within 5 seconds, put the key close to the start button, you should hear 2 beep sound, SEC light will flash twice; after learn all the smart key, wait 30 seconds till SEC light begin flash, and the car will close adaptation mode automatically.
All the key was lost or only have vice key, need to do initialization:
Press constantly the LED button, and plug into the OBD port of the car, after two short beep sounds, finish press, it enters into auto search car status.
Press the start button twice, in order to wake the anti-theft computer. When the connection with the Computer of car is done successfully after 7 seconds, there is a long beep 4-5 sound (4 sounds mean the system is IV K system, 5 sounds mean V CANBUS system), 5 seconds later, LED light go out. Wait 10-16 minutes,there are a long beep sounds, and LED light flicker, it means the car enter into study key state.
All keys lost matching mode:
Add every smart key which need to program(with the logo side)access to the start button, meanwhile you will here two beep sound. SEC light will shine twice; After you finisher studying all the smart keys, wait 30 seconds till SEC light shining, the system will Auto-close study state

Notice:
1. Must use the right new smart keymaker, and follow the right step above, otherwise you take the consequences.
2. If the device can not match the key, and LED light shining constantly, pls clear the error code by using anti-theft system such as T300.
3. After finishing program keys, the key can strat but the SEC light is still turn on, maybe you use the vice key, only main key can manually shut the study mode.
4. Dont try to open the cover of programmer and dash board, otherwise you take the consequences.
5. This machine is only provided for the legal auto repair. Otherwise you will take the above consequences
Attached Thumbnails Used remote FOB programming success-_5pg.jpg   Used remote FOB programming success-t2ec16j-ofifotcg-0bsljkeuryg-60_57.jpg   Used remote FOB programming success-lexus-key-maker2.jpg   Used remote FOB programming success-maker.jpg   Used remote FOB programming success-lexus-key-maker1.jpg  

Old 01-19-15, 10:49 AM
jkayca
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Well I'm glad you sorted it all out in the end. My eyes are bleeding after trying to read the original programming instructions though
Old 04-15-15, 07:08 AM
kinny
Driver School Candidate

Yes, Thank You. I needed lots of Visine afterwards. Still today both remotes are still working fine with no problems.
Old 09-11-15, 08:40 AM
tnt1190
Driver School Candidate

Hi Skinny. May I ask where to purchase this Key Maker Programmer and how much does it cost? I have an 2009 ES 350 that have only 1 original key fob. I just purchased a USED key fob with matching serial #. I tried by using Toyota Techstream software but without success. Please help. Thanks.
Old 09-11-15, 12:32 PM
jbalian
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It'll be great if you can make a video, you'll make lots of people happy
Old 09-26-15, 05:53 PM
nelsonsc
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default YouTube is Your Friend

Originally Posted by jbalian
It'll be great if you can make a video, you'll make lots of people happy
Search YouTube for "techstream key programming"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited by nelsonsc; 09-26-15 at 05:56 PM. Reason: URL Bad
Old 03-27-20, 07:32 PM
Fonk08
7th Gear

does this method and tool work with 2011 es350?