ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Did not take long to find this site!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-14, 04:10 PM
ESRXGUY
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did not take long to find this site!

My first post was in intro so here goes my second post.

I can tell this site is a great one because it already saved me.

Here is what happened hours after getting it home. 11:30 pm I look in the garage to kiss the new car goodnight and I see little faint interior lights on. I'm like WTF! So I'm like I have go to bed.

I hit google and found this website and 5 minutes later the light is off and I'm going to sleep. woot woot!

Other small issues:

Had issue with TMPS light on at purchase. Started with the checking all 4 tires for pressure. Then I opened the book in the glove box to see if it would be of help.. Under the drivers dash saw a reset button and then eventually finding the other button under the glove box for tire changes. Played with those but still the yellow TMPS low pressure light is on. Put things back to where they were. Thought about it for another minute and thought could it be the spare? Bam filled spare up and light went out.

Yesterday I took all the engine covers off to make sure the AC compressor was turning on. good there :thumb up: Took a look around at the belt, pulleys, timing cover and water pump. It looks a little tight for my big hands. located all the fluid containers then saw the coil on plugs. 3 of them I'm like where are the other 3…… Oh back there. how the hell do I get back there with out taking the intake off? I'm thinking there has to be a better way.

Put things back together but not before loosing 1 clip Headed to lexus to get one. $3 and change. Already found the mother load on ebay today. No more of that $3 a clip stuff for me. Thanks to this website.

Looking forward to learning and contributing on this nicely set up website you have here.

So How do you change the 3 rear plugs? Sorry I did not do a search yet.

Last edited by ESRXGUY; 12-03-14 at 06:00 AM.
Old 12-02-14, 06:22 PM
ESRXGUY
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh my! I was right the intake has to come off to change the rear plugs. wow! looks like a job for warm weather.

Again this website is so helpful. The download provided for the spark plug change out is sweet. Thank you Club Lexus
Old 12-02-14, 08:55 PM
xanderES
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad we could help you out with your issues. We're here to help! (As long as you at least attempt to find the information first)

If you need anything we can always point you in the right direction.
ex: register at sewellparts.com as a CL member and get a big discount on OEM lexus parts!