ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Help! New purchase today

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-13, 01:17 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Call toyota file a complaint also I'd file complain with BBB and every other site I can no reason at all they gave u a 3k3month warranty and didn't even live up to it
Old 10-14-13, 05:59 PM
Shawnna1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
Call toyota file a complaint also I'd file complain with BBB and every other site I can no reason at all they gave u a 3k3month warranty and didn't even live up to it
I guess the warranty only covered transmission etc... I just got to forget about that beautiful car & all it's issues & move on...the saddest part is having to get back in the search! I hate looking/buying cars! Wish me luck...
Old 10-14-13, 07:30 PM
John U
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/advancedsearch.action

Type in your parameters and go! I found the absolute perfect ES350 for my wife on here in the next state being sold by a guy I purchased cars from 20 years ago!!!
Old 10-14-13, 07:39 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by Shawnna1
I guess the warranty only covered transmission etc... I just got to forget about that beautiful car & all it's issues & move on...the saddest part is having to get back in the search! I hate looking/buying cars! Wish me luck...
you didn't trade anything in did you ?
if so where you able to get it back ?

did you finance or did you pay straigh up right check for entire purchase ?
just really sucks if you financed it then your credit may be affected

wish you luck with finding a new car don't turn your back on lexus just because of one stupid dealer ann a car that had one issue
Old 10-14-13, 07:42 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

out of being curious what was the name of the dealer you bought from and had issues with ?
Old 10-15-13, 04:49 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
Evidently you have no idea what a 3/3000 warranty is! It usually only covers the power train. A fuel sensor won't be covered by it. The only thing this dealer did improperly was use poor judgement in the handling of this problem. If she really wanted the car AND have it fixed properly once the salesman told her no deal, she should have escalated it up the dealership chain. Next person I would have demanded to speak with personally would have been the GM (not GSM) and then the dealer principle if still not satisfied.

Sounds to me like she wasn't really too keen on keeping this car, which I don't blame her one bit. She probably would have never been comfortable with it waiting for the other shoe to drop anytime.

This is another prime example why you take a used car to a trusted mechanic to have it checked out prior to purchasing it. They may not have found this particular problem but it's still a very good rule to follow since this was not a CPO vehicle. To the best of my knowledge Toyota doesn't sell CPO Lexus'. It also wouldn't be covered any lemon laws, anywhere!

Sorry about your loss but in this case it's probably for the better.
Old 10-15-13, 05:04 AM
NKFANDI
Driver School Candidate

Hello,

Sorry about what happened to you at one of our Toyota stores. I'm a finance manager at a Toyota store in texas. It is honestly best you returned the car before things might have gotten worse. My sister in law had one and it was nothing but trouble she dumped over 3k into it before trading out of it 2 yrs later. In general most dealers give you 3mo/3k mile powertrain warranty. Best thing to do is find a vehicle that has less than 12k on it and purchase a new car warranty on it that last up to 100k miles. It would cover bumper to bumper with a 0 deduc. It is a service plan that basically allows the standard factory coverage 4/50 that covers defects only to be filled in and allow wear and tear to be covered also. Cost on them are usually between 900-1150 and we can usually mark em up 1200-1400. Hope this helps you.
Old 10-15-13, 03:26 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by lgb0250
Evidently you have no idea what a 3/3000 warranty is! It usually only covers the power train. A fuel sensor won't be covered by it. The only thing this dealer did improperly was use poor judgement in the handling of this problem. If she really wanted the car AND have it fixed properly once the salesman told her no deal, she should have escalated it up the dealership chain. Next person I would have demanded to speak with personally would have been the GM (not GSM) and then the dealer principle if still not satisfied.

Sounds to me like she wasn't really too keen on keeping this car, which I don't blame her one bit. She probably would have never been comfortable with it waiting for the other shoe to drop anytime.

This is another prime example why you take a used car to a trusted mechanic to have it checked out prior to purchasing it. They may not have found this particular problem but it's still a very good rule to follow since this was not a CPO vehicle. To the best of my knowledge Toyota doesn't sell CPO Lexus'. It also wouldn't be covered any lemon laws, anywhere!

Sorry about your loss but in this case it's probably for the better.

you sound like a car dealer defending another almost

first off i know that a warranty could involve just a power trian or a full warranty
i have 3 cars i purchased from 2 dealers in ohio when i lived there all of them came with a 3/3 warranyt
and was not power train only

one of them had a bad radio and it caused memory settings to be off they replaced the radio and computer i paid a 50 deductable

another one the steering colum had to be replaced and the rack went out on a few weeks latter
they didn't even charge me a deductable for those
and these are 7000 and 9000 dollar cars im talking about

so for this toyota dealer to do this to this Member like that the way they did its BS

id like to have there website info to see if they put that car back out for the same price wish i lived closer id go and pretend to buy it and once discovering the issues with it then saying never mind
Old 10-15-13, 04:16 PM
Shawnna1
Driver School Candidate

I figured the 3/3 warranty wouldn't cover it, I never even brought that up. I figured since I paid full asking price they would fix it. I wrote a check, was going to have it checked out by a mechanic on Monday-and they were aware of that-they couldn't cash my check yet because of Columbas day, so I knew if something came up I could stop payment if I had to. It is Butler Toyota in Indpls. I see they have it up for sale at the exact same price, I mean I can't imagine they can sell it with check engine light on! Yet I checked the carfax again & I'm not seeing that a repair has been made. It is the principle & I'm just glad it happened right away & not 1 or 2 weeks in.
Old 10-15-13, 04:17 PM
Shawnna1
Driver School Candidate

I had no trade in, my car was rear ended & totaled out, for those curious about that. Just a straight deal, so my credit not affected.
Old 10-15-13, 05:17 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

ussualy things don't show up on Car fax that quickly and really only if that dealer service center reports to them
just because a dealer offers a car fax on a car doens't mean they report

JM lexus in Margate FL
they do not report to Car Fax i find it a little crazy they offer car fax on there cars but there serviice does not report
Old 10-15-13, 05:26 PM
Shawnna1
Driver School Candidate

Seems crazy they would fix it then offer for sale same price as what I paid?! I mean they already had it sold for that price. Unthinkable they fixed it? Maybe they wanted it financed so they could make more money, I don't know, crazy
Old 10-15-13, 05:58 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 99 Posts

Do you have any friends who would be willing to go and act like they want to buy the car? Get them to ask specific questions about any recent problems or maintenance the car has had. How long did you drive it before it threw a code? A long test drive might get it to come on again if they just reset it without fixing it.

Are there disclosure laws about dealers selling cars with a known problem, without telling the customer?
Old 10-15-13, 06:45 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

I don't think there is a law about not disclosing an issue with the car
how ever there are laws about
hiding an issue that is known to exist
Old 10-15-13, 06:45 PM
John U
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Move on....
Shawnna1 got her $ back and all is well. Any used car ...and a new car for that matter is a roll of the dice. The dealer will fix it, sell it and they have already forgot about Shawnna1. They move cars like a supermarket moves milk. More dollars involved but no love lost on the product.
My sister named Shawna also living in Indy years ago had her Camaro repurchased by GM under the lemon law. The next day it was front center on the rotating display out front of the dealer "On Sale".

Caveat Emptor

Quick Reply: Help! New purchase today