Es350 remote start

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-13, 07:07 AM
liquidz
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MikePA
What feature of this product would lead you to believe it could solve the shutdown issue?
The feature is called "EVO-ALL & Lexus ES350 Smart-Key (2009-2012) - with key take over - Revision 20110615", on page 5 of 6 there's clear instructions that you can enter the vehicle and press the push-to-start button twice to turn on ignition and then drive off. My installer claimed that this module would work but he did not have an interface module for this bypass module and the Lexus ES350 so connections need to be made manually (i.e. more labour hours and cost more). Maybe I shouldn't have cheaped out and gone with this module, but I think I didn't because my installer said some of the features in the CompuStar Slice may not work. I don't recall the details anymore.

Otherwise, the instructions sounds like what others have posted. Remote start, jump in car, push the "push-to-button" start button twice and off they go.

OT: The CompuStar Slice R/S is power hungry, I replace the battery every 2-3 months...

Last edited by liquidz; 12-01-13 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Added details on CompuStar Slice
Old 12-01-13, 08:05 PM
iceblast
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by liquidz
The feature is called "EVO-ALL & Lexus ES350 Smart-Key (2009-2012) - with key take over - Revision 20110615", on page 5 of 6 there's clear instructions that you can enter the vehicle and press the push-to-start button twice to turn on ignition and then drive off. My installer claimed that this module would work but he did not have an interface module for this bypass module and the Lexus ES350 so connections need to be made manually (i.e. more labour hours and cost more). Maybe I shouldn't have cheaped out and gone with this module, but I think I didn't because my installer said some of the features in the CompuStar Slice may not work. I don't recall the details anymore.

Otherwise, the instructions sounds like what others have posted. Remote start, jump in car, push the "push-to-button" start button twice and off they go.

OT: The CompuStar Slice R/S is power hungry, I replace the battery every 2-3 months...
Very interesting find. I have buyer's remorse now. I don't know which bypass module I have, but I'm sure it is not Fortin.

I really want to be able to not to have to shut down the car, as in the -25C weather, it will kill my battery multi starting it like that, plus it is a pain, and less 'slick'.

Does this feature work on the 2007 models?
Old 08-21-14, 03:26 PM
rwmnau
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iceblast
Very interesting find. I have buyer's remorse now. I don't know which bypass module I have, but I'm sure it is not Fortin.

I really want to be able to not to have to shut down the car, as in the -25C weather, it will kill my battery multi starting it like that, plus it is a pain, and less 'slick'.

Does this feature work on the 2007 models?
Did you ever get this figured out? I'm considering installing the Fortin and I've got a 2007 ES350, and I want to avoid the issues you've mentioned where the car stops when you open the door and you have to start it again. I'm hopeful that you've got a solution in the 9 months since you posted this
Old 08-21-14, 03:56 PM
iceblast
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by rwmnau
Did you ever get this figured out? I'm considering installing the Fortin and I've got a 2007 ES350, and I want to avoid the issues you've mentioned where the car stops when you open the door and you have to start it again. I'm hopeful that you've got a solution in the 9 months since you posted this
No, unfortunately. I have just stuck with the unit I bought. I have to live with the kill switch as I open the door (no secure takeover).

I called Fortin and they said their unit had the secure takeover function. I asked how I would go about installing it, and it seemed to be a lot of work.

So if you are starting from scratch, go ahead and use that model. Just call them and confirm all the details though.
Old 08-21-14, 05:21 PM
gnm313
Driver

Originally Posted by gnm313
I did mine back in 2007 using the Fortin SL2 key override and a compustar RS. At the time the keyless entry could only be done by sacrificing a fob. I can enter the car and drive away. Car shuts off after 10 seconds if I press on the brake and no fob detected. I am looking at a 2014. I thought this problem had been solved. Getting scared... Can't live without my long distance RS/

http://ifar.ca/en/products/alpha-ser...-override-sl2/
It definitely works on the 2007. I installed it day one in 2007. I am now looking to get a 2015. I hope I can find someone to do this again.
Old 08-26-14, 08:40 AM
rwmnau
Rookie

I'm a bit confused here - sorry if I'm missing something obvious, as I've both never done a remote start, and this is my first keyless start vehicle. Do I need the remote start mobile from my initial post as well as the "key override" module from gnm313's post, or does the fact that the initial module I linked to does "Secure takeover" mean that it's sufficient for my needs? Paying to have the dealer do it is starting to sound like a better idea

I don't mind the 30-foot limitation, as that still gives me a chance to start the car as I'm walking towards it and it helps. However, I'll skip it if I have to deal with the ignition kill when the door opens, as that would defeat the purpose of having the system at all. However, rest assured that I'll post exactly what modules I use and exactly what the result is once they're installed, so others don't have the same confusion
Old 08-26-14, 05:35 PM
gnm313
Driver

Originally Posted by rwmnau
I'm a bit confused here - sorry if I'm missing something obvious, as I've both never done a remote start, and this is my first keyless start vehicle. Do I need the remote start mobile from my initial post as well as the "key override" module from gnm313's post, or does the fact that the initial module I linked to does "Secure takeover" mean that it's sufficient for my needs? Paying to have the dealer do it is starting to sound like a better idea

I don't mind the 30-foot limitation, as that still gives me a chance to start the car as I'm walking towards it and it helps. However, I'll skip it if I have to deal with the ignition kill when the door opens, as that would defeat the purpose of having the system at all. However, rest assured that I'll post exactly what modules I use and exactly what the result is once they're installed, so others don't have the same confusion
The key override module simulates the bluetooth chip in your fob so the car thinks the fob is in the car. It is a slick way to not give up a fob. I know it works on the 2007 as that is what I have and I have used it for 7 years flawlessly. I would love to see if it works on the 2013+ cars as I just bought a 2014.and can't live without my RS. I bought the key override and RS myself and then had somene install it. Keyless was brand new at the time and he had only done the sacrifice fob method in the past. The hard part at the time was finding someone to install it and that was willing to figure out the wiring on what was at that time a new version car. Hopefully the schematics for the 2007 are available now.
Old 01-23-16, 10:47 PM
rtaznrt
Driver School Candidate

I bought a remote system off of amazon for 2009 ES350 "EVO ALL"
Amazon.com: Add-on Remote Start for Lexus ES350 with Push-To-Start 2007-2013 5-wire Install: Automotive Amazon.com: Add-on Remote Start for Lexus ES350 with Push-To-Start 2007-2013 5-wire Install: Automotive

Installed it.
It works.
5-7 wires of cutting and splicing.
Pressed the locked button 3x on the OEM key fob to remotely start it and the car will start while all doors remaining locked.
But once a door is open, the engine will shut off.
So pretty much good for warming up the engine until you get there and it will shut off and gotta start it back up once you get in it.
Old 02-03-16, 04:00 PM
MikeW83
Driver

Originally Posted by gnm313
I would love to see if it works on the 2013+ cars as I just bought a 2014.and can't live without my RS.
I would gander a guess and say no. I'm guessing your '14 has RES or RES+. My 15 has Enform Remote. The cars now communicate via the built in cellular, and check with Lexus to make sure you have an active Enform subscription. People in other threads are reporting, that tnce your trial is up (or you cancel Enform,) you have about 30-45 days until the system disables RS from the fob. It's immediate for the phone apps. So I'm sure it'll take some time for someone to figure out how to bypass the cellular module and give us back free RS. I can understand cutting the phone app if you're not going to pay, but killing RS from the Fob now, too?! Hell, even my '10 RX could fob start without any subscriptions. How crappy on the part of Lexus/Toyota