ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

VIN# to access Lexus service records?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-13, 08:20 PM
now
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIN# to access Lexus service records?

A drunk totaled my parked ES350. I'm looking now into a used LS430 or 460 as the seat never felt comfy to me. (Other than the seats, the car was great.)

I can attain VIN #'s for potential cars that I'm interested in buying. Is there a way I can use the VIN # to access Lexus service records on my potential new purchase?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 08-05-13, 06:01 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by now
A drunk totaled my parked ES350. I'm looking now into a used LS430 or 460 as the seat never felt comfy to me. (Other than the seats, the car was great.)

I can attain VIN #'s for potential cars that I'm interested in buying. Is there a way I can use the VIN # to access Lexus service records on my potential new purchase?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Yes, log on to lexus.com and register the car and vin number and you can see the service records. Service done at a dealership or added by a previous owner can be viewed.
Old 08-05-13, 03:20 PM
RickC5
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Yes, log on to lexus.com and register the car and vin number and you can see the service records. Service done at a dealership or added by a previous owner can be viewed.
Yes, but service done at a Toyota dealer does NOT show up on the service records. Our car had lots of its maintenance done at the local Toyota store as there's no Lexus dealer within 250 miles. I received most of those receipts, but Toyota apparently doesn't or can't access the Lexus database.
Old 08-05-13, 04:06 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RickC5
Yes, but service done at a Toyota dealer does NOT show up on the service records. Our car had lots of its maintenance done at the local Toyota store as there's no Lexus dealer within 250 miles. I received most of those receipts, but Toyota apparently doesn't or can't access the Lexus database.
You would need to manually add these services to the cars record on the Lexus web site. It's not too hard, just takes a little time.
Old 08-06-13, 04:08 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

Received 116 Likes on 77 Posts

You would need to manually add these services to the cars record on the Lexus web site. It's not too hard, just takes a little time.
I can't even figure out how to register my vehicle on that website! When I click on the "For Owners" tab, I only get these options: Call Promt Options, Live Chat, Pay My Bill, Enform and Lexus Magazine. Could it be because I'm using an IPad without flash?
Old 08-06-13, 06:33 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lgb0250
I can't even figure out how to register my vehicle on that website! When I click on the "For Owners" tab, I only get these options: Call Promt Options, Live Chat, Pay My Bill, Enform and Lexus Magazine. Could it be because I'm using an IPad without flash?
If you go to lexus.com, then select Owners Resources (top right side of the page), then select My Lexus, then select Service History. That should get you there.
Old 08-07-13, 04:07 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

Received 116 Likes on 77 Posts

If you go to lexus.com, then select Owners Resources (top right side of the page), then select My Lexus, then select Service History. That should get you there.
Thanks Bob. It was indeed a problem trying to use the IPad. Works fine on the PC.
Old 08-12-13, 07:50 AM
now
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for your help folks.
Old 01-16-23, 10:26 AM
Araza715
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Dear,

I am looking for a car's history from US. Its VIN is 2T2BK1BA8FC342031. It is imported here by a dealer. Its just to verify if it was major accident or just front bumper radiator damage.

I am not being able to create account of Lexus US, as I am from UAE.
Old 01-16-23, 11:09 AM
ElRobeeter
Rookie

Holy cow, this is so much more detailed than CARFAX! Thank you for the tip. Shame it doesn't show service details from a Toyota dealer tho.
Old 01-16-23, 11:53 AM
TCoolest2
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Araza715
Hello Dear,

I am looking for a car's history from US. Its VIN is 2T2BK1BA8FC342031. It is imported here by a dealer. Its just to verify if it was major accident or just front bumper radiator damage.

I am not being able to create account of Lexus US, as I am from UAE.
Mylexus will not indicate if it's been in an accident unless a lexus dealership repaired it. For example, it doesn't say your car had any front end work.

Anyways I look at auction cars a lot and know some tools. The first free tool I used show your car when it was in an accident (it has the pictures).
Refer to here. In fact this tool wasn't even necessary, if you google'd the VIN it comes up under images. Anyways
Here is a snippet of the actual auction. Looks like it sold for $8300 with primary damage as front end and a salvage title. For salvage auctions and lots, it seems this one was at IAAI auctions and they are considered a bit more trustworthy than Copart, but anyways I mean there's nothing really to hide here. It had front end damage, the dealer got it and fixed it up to flip. What are they saying to you about the car's history? There is a picture of the bumper and headlights off the car, maybe they were okay and reused, hard to tell.

Last edited by TCoolest2; 01-16-23 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-17-23, 06:07 PM
Araza715
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by TCoolest2
Mylexus will not indicate if it's been in an accident unless a lexus dealership repaired it. For example, it doesn't say your car had any front end work.

Anyways I look at auction cars a lot and know some tools. The first free tool I used show your car when it was in an accident (it has the pictures).
Refer to here. In fact this tool wasn't even necessary, if you google'd the VIN it comes up under images. Anyways
Here is a snippet of the actual auction. Looks like it sold for $8300 with primary damage as front end and a salvage title. For salvage auctions and lots, it seems this one was at IAAI auctions and they are considered a bit more trustworthy than Copart, but anyways I mean there's nothing really to hide here. It had front end damage, the dealer got it and fixed it up to flip. What are they saying to you about the car's history? There is a picture of the bumper and headlights off the car, maybe they were okay and reused, hard to tell.
Yes, I too found on vehiclehistory.com & salvagedb with front end damage (but with no damage to chassis and airbags were intact. Infact if we see pictures alsi, it just shows that bumper + front frame and grill gone and not much impact deep to like transmission and engine. And on bid.com, from where they bought it, it shows a small video of car engine start too.
Old 01-17-23, 09:32 PM
TCoolest2
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

As someone who again deals with salvage auctions (My own ES came from Copart), this was a pretty significant front end, though not the end of the world. The frame could of been slightly bent and become weak now, and the engine could of been pushed in a bit, and they pushed everything back out. I'm surprised the airbags didn't blow. The steering wheel should of at least blew. You don't know cause you didn't see it in person. These type of cars have all hidden things until you go down to the auction and see yourself. It only sold for $8300 with that low mileage (it's half the average mileage of a US driven car) for the year, so something tells me there were other things people saw that who went down to the auction lot so it didn't go too high, and your dealer ended up winning. If you want a good idea of what may have occurred damage wise, check out Auto Auction Rebuild's walk around videos on youtube.

I'm a bit curious how this accident happen because it doesn't seem like the bumper is extremely damaged. The last service record from Lexus is in August of 2022. Oil and oil filter change at 45559 miles. The tires were rotated, and they apparently alerted the owner of some tire condition but he did NOT do whatever Lexus warned him about for his tires. Perhaps this is what led to the accident. Unfortunately half the time these Lexus records seems to have people writing broken sentences so you can only try to decipher what they mean
"DESCRIPTION: GUESTSTATES NO TIRE RECOMMENDATION AT THE MOMENT. HE IS AWARE THAT TIRE CONDITION ~|~GUEST STATES NO TIRE RECOMMENDATION AT THE MOMENT. HE IS AWARE THAT TIRE CONDITION ~|"
I have no idea what Guest states no tire recommendation means, I'm assuming they told him the tires have an issue and need to be addressed, does he have any recommendation and he declined the service.

In the last service before that, April 2022, they told the owner replace the brakes and rotors, and they only replaced the brakes. This was at 40k miles. This is an unusual change from the driving history, as the car averaged around 5-6k miles per year, and suddenly 2022 they put 5k within 4 months.

Anyways, if you're really keen on getting it, you can use these facts to knock down the price (if they will entertain it).
Old 01-18-23, 10:13 AM
Araza715
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by TCoolest2
As someone who again deals with salvage auctions (My own ES came from Copart), this was a pretty significant front end, though not the end of the world. The frame could of been slightly bent and become weak now, and the engine could of been pushed in a bit, and they pushed everything back out. I'm surprised the airbags didn't blow. The steering wheel should of at least blew. You don't know cause you didn't see it in person. These type of cars have all hidden things until you go down to the auction and see yourself. It only sold for $8300 with that low mileage (it's half the average mileage of a US driven car) for the year, so something tells me there were other things people saw that who went down to the auction lot so it didn't go too high, and your dealer ended up winning. If you want a good idea of what may have occurred damage wise, check out Auto Auction Rebuild's walk around videos on youtube.

I'm a bit curious how this accident happen because it doesn't seem like the bumper is extremely damaged. The last service record from Lexus is in August of 2022. Oil and oil filter change at 45559 miles. The tires were rotated, and they apparently alerted the owner of some tire condition but he did NOT do whatever Lexus warned him about for his tires. Perhaps this is what led to the accident. Unfortunately half the time these Lexus records seems to have people writing broken sentences so you can only try to decipher what they mean
"DESCRIPTION: GUESTSTATES NO TIRE RECOMMENDATION AT THE MOMENT. HE IS AWARE THAT TIRE CONDITION ~|~GUEST STATES NO TIRE RECOMMENDATION AT THE MOMENT. HE IS AWARE THAT TIRE CONDITION ~|"
I have no idea what Guest states no tire recommendation means, I'm assuming they told him the tires have an issue and need to be addressed, does he have any recommendation and he declined the service.

In the last service before that, April 2022, they told the owner replace the brakes and rotors, and they only replaced the brakes. This was at 40k miles. This is an unusual change from the driving history, as the car averaged around 5-6k miles per year, and suddenly 2022 they put 5k within 4 months.

Anyways, if you're really keen on getting it, you can use these facts to knock down the price (if they will entertain it).
Sure. Thanks alot for your valuable information and time. I will use all these info to break him down on better price. By the way he is asking 62000 AED , I may try to bring him to 58K. In UAE, labor is cheap so they would have fixed this car for around 8000AED, as you can see thry bought it for 8300$, but including shipment amd VAT and custom duties here in UAE, it would have been altogether 46 to 47K AED at max.

I think their margin is already less here. Dont see them.coming down any further from 60K. (62 he told on call as final). Tomorrow I will see it physically as its located in another city of UAE.
The following users liked this post:
TCoolest2 (01-18-23)
Old 09-27-23, 11:15 AM
matelot
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Kaput

site is no longer working as of 36 hours ago (9/26/2023)