ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Lexus Meets Concrete Berm...Ouch!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-13, 10:22 AM
glasat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Meets Concrete Berm...Ouch!

I have an '07 ES350 in gold. While backing slowly out of a tight parking area (thanks to an inconsiderate monster pickup parker), I just barely kissed a too-high concrete berm with my lower right-rear side fairing (I don't know the name of this piece, forgive me). It's apparently either plastic or fiberglass (anyone know?). The affected section is approx. 2" square and its forward side is at the fairing's leading edge, just behind the tire. That part of the fairing was "just" wide enough, to meet the berm. Its surface has been roughened, of course. It now looks as if I'd left some duct tape on the otherwise undamaged "fairing" and, upon removing the tape, the adhesive remained behind...it's dark gray in color.

I've yet to get any estimates but, at this point, I can't afford an expensive "full" repair or even fairing replacement (no lectures, please), but I'd like to at least treat it such that my eye doesn't "see it," when I'm on that side of the car.

IS this a Big Deal for a body shop to repair properly and allow me to keep this fairing? Might they be able to offer a decent "halfway" fix, to save me at least some cash? This just happened last night, and I'll stop by a place or two, soon. Are there DIY repair kits out there, so long as I obtain the correct touch-up paint from my dealer? I know I'll likely go with a shop, but would like to go in knowing a bit more than I do, now. Thanks.
Old 06-09-13, 10:25 AM
mlacomb
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Any pictures?
Old 06-09-13, 08:35 PM
glasat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can take photos and will try to post them, here.