ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Dealer Configurable "Stuff"

Old 05-30-13, 10:20 AM
pseconds
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Dealer Configurable "Stuff"

I picked up my 2010 es 350 CPO yesterday in Chicago and drove home in rain in rain for 7 hours. During the delivery process, we discovered they never "wiped" the car from the previous owners settings. We went through the user setup on the NAV unit.

Then we discovered that the windows don't automatically go down when holding the unlock button. It turns out the previous owner had changed some the the configurations that only the dealer can make, like disabling the windows down feature.

They fixed that, but it left me wondering, what other "dealer configurable" features might have been changed and what kind of options are available to change?
Old 05-30-13, 10:39 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by pseconds
I picked up my 2010 es 350 CPO yesterday in Chicago and drove home in rain in rain for 7 hours. During the delivery process, we discovered they never "wiped" the car from the previous owners settings. We went through the user setup on the NAV unit.

Then we discovered that the windows don't automatically go down when holding the unlock button. It turns out the previous owner had changed some the the configurations that only the dealer can make, like disabling the windows down feature.

They fixed that, but it left me wondering, what other "dealer configurable" features might have been changed and what kind of options are available to change?
I can't remember all of them but there should be something in the owners manual or additional materials that list all of the choices.

Other than the rain, how was the drive home?
Old 05-30-13, 11:16 AM
pseconds
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexBob2

Other than the rain, how was the drive home?
I got a 3.5 hour late start leaving Chicago, so it was a LONG drive. I got home about 2:30am.

It startled me when the NAV voice (Monotone Mary) announced "severe weather in area." The XM Satellite weather in the car is seriously cool, except I was driving right into a tornado warning area with no place to hide, but it worked out okay.

With about 250 miles left, my driver side wiper stopped working and hung at a 45 degree angle right in middle of my field of vision. I stopped in Wisconsin Dells and tried to fix it, but it was like the arm wasn't even attached to anything. I called roadside assistance, they said the best they could do was to tow my car an hour in the other direction and put me up for the night, so I decided to trudge on. if you drive fast enough, the rain just flies off the window anyway.

I feel bad, because the car was beautifully detailed yesterday, and after 400 miles of hard rain, it just looks like any old car again.
Old 05-30-13, 11:56 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,280 Posts

Lexus Personalized Settings or LPS - Look Here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...-settings.html

Lou
Old 05-30-13, 12:04 PM
pseconds
Rookie

Thanks lowrideraz, there are a lot of settings that can be changed that way, but there is still a menu of settings that only the dealer can make. The Windows auto-open and auto-close is a nice feature, but the dealer had to enable that for me by hooking up their laptop.

I'll look in the manual when I get home.
Old 05-30-13, 03:35 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The wiper problem: happened to me too. There is a bolt that holds the arm that needs tightening. Sometimes it is stripped but a local garage should be able to fix it if it is stripped. Minor thing but not while driving in the rain. Happened 1/2 way to Cleveland for me. Local Lexus dealer fixed but it came loose again. Local garage fixed it permanently.
Old 05-30-13, 04:55 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,280 Posts

Originally Posted by pseconds
Thanks lowrideraz, there are a lot of settings that can be changed that way, but there is still a menu of settings that only the dealer can make. The Windows auto-open and auto-close is a nice feature, but the dealer had to enable that for me by hooking up their laptop.

I'll look in the manual when I get home.
Yes, that's true - Look at the last post on the last page of the link I posted.

Lou
Old 05-30-13, 06:22 PM
John U
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lets see a photo?
Rain X is great for wiper-free driving. I made a guy stop in Tomah WI so I could buy him a bottle once. The before and after in the driving rain "blew his mind"!