ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

2007 Alarm/Starter CAN BE DONE!!! :D

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-13, 05:47 PM
ChristianM
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Alarm/Starter CAN BE DONE!!! :D

So while ive been getting the car prepped for summer, I made some calls and found a ton of places in Toronto that will do an alarm/starter install in the ES350. I ended up going to futureshop since a friend of mine said he can get it done and sure enough, I now have a Compustar 2way alarm and starter installed in my vehicle. The only catch is that the car will shut off when you open the door's if it has been remote started. My friends explanation for this was due to a safe passover. It allows the car to know that the key is present when your driving the vehicle or else anyone would be able to just jump in and drive off if the car was remote started. Seems like a legit reason for it.

Will post pics of the alarm/all mods soon, probably in a new thread.
Old 05-20-13, 04:54 PM
iceblast
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to get this done ...
Do you know if they soldered or just tied your wires together while making the connections?
Ive heard doing twist wiring is less invasive than soldering the ignition harnesses.

I was thinking futureshop only because they are a huge company and if something goes wrong in the install, I can hold someone accountable. I generally don't like their installers though.

The independent shop I talked to seemed really knowledgeable, but again, they are pretty small fish and if ***** hits the fan, they are useless to me.
Old 05-21-13, 06:06 PM
liquidz
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, remote starter for the Lexus ES350 can be done with the push button start. There are two types of bypass modules that I was informed of:
  1. IDATALINK type that provides an interface module for the car that is very straight forward with minimal wiring modifications. This module also interface with all of the vehicle options such as factory alarm, locks, integration, etc. However on your vehicle it does not allow "key takeover", this mean when you get to the vehicle the car will shut down and then once you enter the vehicle you have to push to start again.
  2. WWW.IFAR.CA Fortin provide bypass module that does allow key takeover, however this module does not provide any other interface with the vehicle. This mean is much more labour intensive (all connection have to be made manually)
I am getting the CompuStar Slice -RF-2W940-SS with the IDATALINK module. It kinda sucks that there is not "key takeover" feature (I hear that Lexus IS250 does....) but I will be happy that my car is "smart" with passive arming. Passive arming is that the car will lock all doors in 30 seconds after closing the last door.
Old 05-25-13, 09:06 AM
ChristianM
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If i'm not mistaken, there was no soldering done on the car. Most of it was just splicing into the connectors/wires in the vehicles. I got the compustar 901SS installed with the iDatalink bypass module installed. I was glad i went with Future Shop as there was a point where they were debating towing my car to the dealer lol it wouldn't start for some reason and after several hours of checking and rechecking all the connectors, we found out the a clip behind the brake pedal had come loose and the car wasn't able to tell the brake pedal was being pressed and to start. Quite a scary few hours after I heard tow to the dealer lol.