Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

And here's a rear one
Attached Thumbnails Illuminated Door Sills for 07-09 Es350.-image.jpg  
Old 06-10-13, 01:33 PM
iceblast
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK those are pretty sweet.

Could you post the link to the aliexpress item, or was it the seller you originally posted?
Was it $58 per set or $58 per individual sill?

Also, what power did you use to link into them? Thanks
Old 06-10-13, 04:36 PM
SICK350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by iceblast
OK those are pretty sweet.

Could you post the link to the aliexpress item, or was it the seller you originally posted?
Was it $58 per set or $58 per individual sill?

Also, what power did you use to link into them? Thanks
Here's the link:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/304-S...847172540.html

This listing is for all 4 sills, I just wired them to the drivers area and used a cigarette lighter port to test them for now. I not sure where I'm going to hard wire them into. Any ideas?
Old 06-10-13, 04:38 PM
SICK350
Lead Lap

Here's how perfect they match. OEM vs. Aftermarket.
Old 06-10-13, 07:01 PM
JerryM
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So, just to be clear, the listing says for 2013/2014 models but you are confirming that they fit perfectly into your 2007??

ETA: Why do they feel the need to make their website look like an eBay auction??

Last edited by JerryM; 06-10-13 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-10-13, 07:15 PM
iceblast
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by SICK350
Here's the link:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/304-S...847172540.html

This listing is for all 4 sills, I just wired them to the drivers area and used a cigarette lighter port to test them for now. I not sure where I'm going to hard wire them into. Any ideas?
Wire them into the door puddle lights, maybe? Not sure how hard it is to get from the door panels back into the car and running boards...
Old 06-11-13, 03:29 AM
SICK350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JerryM
So, just to be clear, the listing says for 2013/2014 models but you are confirming that they fit perfectly into your 2007??

ETA: Why do they feel the need to make their website look like an eBay auction??
That's is correct they fit 07-13 ES Models.
Old 06-11-13, 03:32 AM
SICK350
Lead Lap

Wire them into the door puddle lights, maybe? Not sure how hard it is to get from the door panels back into the car and running boards...
The hardest part is running the wire thru the rubber door connection, that's also where I was thinking of running it to. I would only have to run it thru one door as all of the sills run to one connection.
Old 06-11-13, 09:08 AM
SICK350
Lead Lap

I ended up wiring them straight to the rear door light. I was initially going to use the front drivers door light but then the sill wouldn't turn on when the passengers side door is open as the drivers side light doesn't illuminate when the passengers door is open. The rears illuminate when any door is open.

Last edited by SICK350; 06-12-13 at 04:18 AM.
Old 06-11-13, 10:25 PM
xanderES
Intermediate

All I have to say is very nicely done for taking the initiative of pulling the trigger on them and also test fitting them. I've been looking for a set of these for years with no luck. If my memory doesn't serve me wrong I remember them being offered as a option for 1 model year but I've never actually seen or heard of an ES with them. Its too bad my car is gone as the blue on blue would've looked great with my black sapphire es.
Old 06-12-13, 04:23 AM
SICK350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by xanderES
All I have to say is very nicely done for taking the initiative of pulling the trigger on them and also test fitting them. I've been looking for a set of these for years with no luck. If my memory doesn't serve me wrong I remember them being offered as a option for 1 model year but I've never actually seen or heard of an ES with them. Its too bad my car is gone as the blue on blue would've looked great with my black sapphire es.
Thanks, it was a lot of emailing back and forth to different sellers for dimensions for months. Now that I know some 2013 ES parts fit my car I'm curious to see what else fits. This probably could get expensive lol.
Old 06-13-13, 06:16 PM
iceblast
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by SICK350
I ended up wiring them straight to the rear door light. I was initially going to use the front drivers door light but then the sill wouldn't turn on when the passengers side door is open as the drivers side light doesn't illuminate when the passengers door is open. The rears illuminate when any door is open.
Great install. I am in the process of ordering a set now, I need these lol.

I am about to swap out my 6.5" speakers in the rear doors ... any tips for what I should do to prep the wires from the rear door lights to the interior cabin?

Thanks
Old 06-14-13, 04:22 AM
SICK350
Lead Lap

Great install. I am in the process of ordering a set now, I need these lol.

I am about to swap out my 6.5" speakers in the rear doors ... any tips for what I should do to prep the wires from the rear door lights to the interior cabin?

Thanks
Thanks, ya there pretty sweet I really wanted them as well. When you do your speaker install I would run your wires that's a good idea, I had to pull the speaker to pull the wire thru the rubber door socket thing lol.

What I did was:
1. Pulled the door panel
2. Pulled out the speaker
3. Took the 2 pieces in front of the sills off then you have access to all the wiring under the sills
4. Took the piece of trim under the seat belt off then u have access to the door wiring.
5. Then you can remove the wiring clip to get access to that socket from the inside of the car and fish a wire thru the rubber piece( I used a fish tape).
6. I ran the wire so it would come out from the sound detination plastic just by where the light wire clip is, it should be a blue and red wire. red=positive and blue=negitave
7. I just tapped into it there so I could solder it without being in the car. You can either hook it all up now and leave the other end of the wire under the sill so it's easy to get to when you get your sills in the mail. Make sure you tape both ends there will be power to the wire.

Good Luck

Feel free to ask questions, I may not be the best at explaining everything but it should all make more sense when you start taking the car apart.
Old 07-01-13, 02:10 PM
iceblast
Pit Crew

Hey, opened up the panel this weekend to install my speakers and run the sill wiring.
Side note, I find removing the back panel really awkward getting it on and off. What was the best way to get it back on? I kept hitting the window weatherstripping garnish when I was trying to clip the top of the panel onto the metal panel slot; it took me like 20 minutes.

The wire gauge on the courtesy light is quite small, hope it will be easy enough to tap into. Didn't bother to pull the sills this weekend as I was tired and my speaker adapters didn't fit, so I will have to re-tool and go back in next week.

What wiring is already present under the sills?

Last edited by iceblast; 07-01-13 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-02-13, 05:28 AM
SICK350
Lead Lap

Hey, opened up the panel this weekend to install my speakers and run the sill wiring.
Side note, I find removing the back panel really awkward getting it on and off. What was the best way to get it back on? I kept hitting the window weatherstripping garnish when I was trying to clip the top of the panel onto the metal panel slot; it took me like 20 minutes.

The wire gauge on the courtesy light is quite small, hope it will be easy enough to tap into. Didn't bother to pull the sills this weekend as I was tired and my speaker adapters didn't fit, so I will have to re-tool and go back in next week.

What wiring is already present under the sills?
You have to try and put the top in first by pulling the bottom out so the panel is on a angle, once you take it on and off a couple times it gets easier. You should have no problem taping into that gauge of wire I did it with no problem I even soldered all the connections. As for wiring under the sills I wouldn't play with it, I'm not sure what wire does what under there, you better to tap into the light as it comes on when u want the sills to illuminate.

Quick Reply: Illuminated Door Sills for 07-09 Es350.