ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Old 03-21-13, 05:49 PM
agrippa574
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member

Hey just purchase a new to me 2008 CPO lexus ES 350 Ultra luxury package with ML one owner with 37,000 miles. Had a 1998 ES 300 put 245,000 miles on the old car still had alot of life left in it. I have been poking around this week on the website finally decided to join took some quick snap shots but pics to big. Pics was not that good anyway it the weather is a bummer. Good info and will post pics soon.
Old 03-21-13, 07:30 PM
RTSM
Driver

Welcome to the forum. You'll love the UL, I have one and enjoy my car everytime I drive it. I like how Lexus did the glass roof complete side to side not like some other car companies where the pano roof doesn't go all the way to each side. I had mine for two years now, no creaks or leaks, plus the pano roof puts a sportier look to the ES (imho).
Enjoy!
Old 03-23-13, 02:47 PM
agrippa574
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the welcome. I am enjoying the ride so far. Still trying to figure out all the Nav controls. I like the ML system but I have an audi with a Bose system in it that i think sounds better. The bottom end on the bass is just not there. I have been reading in the forum that people have been upgrading thier systems. It doesnt sound that bad to me that im hell bent on doing that right away. My first endevor will be to get the ipod hook up. Seen alot about it out there too but will accept any advice. Untill i gather all the info I will just use the AUX.
Attached Thumbnails New Member-20130323_172248.jpg   New Member-20130323_172145.jpg  
Old 03-23-13, 03:10 PM
RTSM
Driver

Agreed, the ML system lacks low end but has great highs and mids with the right audio source.
I installed the attached sub system to mine and it balanced out the sound, adding a sub is quite simple and now the audio is all I could want.
I left my ML sub in and added a switch so that when I have my wife, relatives or work management in my car I have the sub turned off, but when I have my teenage son or myself in the car I turn it on.
Also I could not really hear the surround speakers in the rear, once I added the BBE Sonic Pro app to my ipod it transformed the ML system and now the surrounds can be as active as I want them, awesome, definitely recommend both.
Attached Thumbnails New Member-imgp2317a.jpg  
Old 03-23-13, 03:12 PM
RTSM
Driver

btw, here is where I installed the sub switch, I used the power from the cigarette lighter for the switch.
Attached Thumbnails New Member-014.jpg  
Old 03-23-13, 04:29 PM
agrippa574
Driver School Candidate

That looks nice, did you do the install? Can you just grab the channel from the rear speaker to supply the amp? What ipod adapter do you use? I know I Know alot of questions. Still doing my investigation. Just ordered me a new License plate frame Crome with black lettering.
Old 03-23-13, 07:19 PM
Blueshark
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gorgeous gorgeous car, we have the same car with same exteriors: front chrome billet and side bottom rails. Did you tint the windows or it is oem tinted ?

From the audio standpoint, i would like to know if you have a powerful amp for the sub, since cut off the oem sub for an aftermarket 12 inch Image Dynamic sub and amp (300wrms). I wonder if a 3rd amp for the mid stage is too much for the car power supply.. Just remplacing the oem front speakers with better one make a huge difference, but i have a set of front stage and want to power it with a 3rd amplifer that gives only 200wrms, but yet i haven't installed it yet, only the woofer for the front doors that runs on oem amplifier.

I wonder if cutting the oem sub from the oem amplifier will give me room for a 3rd amplifier to run my front stage ??

Anyway, beautiful work on your georgous car, black on black is always a good choice.
Old 03-23-13, 09:10 PM
twistedman
Rookie

congrats on your recent purchase!!!! Looking Good!!
Old 03-24-13, 10:16 AM
agrippa574
Driver School Candidate

Thanks. The tint is factory, wish it was alittle darker on the rear windows. The audio system displayed is not mine it is a Fellow member RTSM, He deserves the credit for that nice system. I am still in the investigation stage but plan on up grading the sub portion of my ML system. I almost bought a white pearl 2009 thats what i went to the dealer to look at. I on purpose didnt bring Check book or title to my car because i didnt want to rush. I got home looked on line at their inventory and the very next car after the White pearl was the UL Black Beauty, I think i didnt scroll down the first time because the White pearl was at the top of my spending range. I reviewed the carfax and didnt see any red flags. The next day called the sales person and told him I wanted that car. After i seen it in person, drove it,and noticed all the extra's that cemented the deal.
Old 03-24-13, 03:51 PM
twistedman
Rookie

Originally Posted by agrippa574
Thanks. The tint is factory, wish it was alittle darker on the rear windows. The audio system displayed is not mine it is a Fellow member RTSM, He deserves the credit for that nice system. I am still in the investigation stage but plan on up grading the sub portion of my ML system. I almost bought a white pearl 2009 thats what i went to the dealer to look at. I on purpose didnt bring Check book or title to my car because i didnt want to rush. I got home looked on line at their inventory and the very next car after the White pearl was the UL Black Beauty, I think i didnt scroll down the first time because the White pearl was at the top of my spending range. I reviewed the carfax and didnt see any red flags. The next day called the sales person and told him I wanted that car. After i seen it in person, drove it,and noticed all the extra's that cemented the deal.
UL in black is very nice! Just be very careful with black paint, swirl marks show up big time on black. Touchless car wash only! Never wipe down your car after touchless wash cause there is always dirt left behind and all you will be doing is scratch up your car. If you wanna hand wash it your self, use the 2 pail method
Old 03-25-13, 08:42 PM
RTSM
Driver

Yes I did the entire install myself. I knew I could take my time and do a quality job, besides I found that many installers would not touch the ML system since it is more of a digital signal. By experimenting with different signal combinations I ended up using the Audio Control LOC and I tapped into the sub wires and also one of the front door speakers to keep a constant audio signal as the sub signal is not constant. I wanted small components since I did not want to sacrifice my entire trunk for an audio system (like what I would do in my younger years) and found that the Rockford Fosgate 500x1 is more than adequate and the dual JL's rock the car. If you do it yourself attached is a photo of the best place to get power from the engine bay (my cable run before final clean-up) Lexus provides us with a gromet on the right hand side with two additional nipples, you can cut one of them and feed your power wire through. Thanks Lexus! Also make sure to get about 20' of power cable, I got 17' and it was just enough with no room for errors. Our cars are long and you'll need the length to comfortably route the cable around and through the cabin out to the trunk. Best of luck to you!
Attached Thumbnails New Member-018.jpg  
Old 03-26-13, 12:17 PM
agrippa574
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info. Definitely have you in mind as a key resource(hope u dont mind). I am looking to have my ipod adapter installed this weekend. I planned on possible doing the Ipod adapter and bass upgrade myself but the local audio shop quoted me 225 for a Isimple installed seems resonable. I may check on having them do my Bass work for me, will have them quote some prices but i planned on tackling this baby myself. Right now I have a decision to make whats next Rims or Bass. I have been eyeing some all crome rims. I like the rims but i cant stop thinking about this baby cromed out. So i have been doing some reading and will start checking some local prices to see what deal i can get.
Old 03-26-13, 02:19 PM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Rims or bass is an easy decision. How much enjoyment do rims give you when driving?

When my wife pulls into the garage, the floor of my office shakes. She will sit in the car until the song finishes and sometimes I'll go downstairs to see what she is rocking out to. Fridays are almost exclusively Metallica.
Old 03-27-13, 06:20 PM
agrippa574
Driver School Candidate

I know I would get pleasure seeing my car sitting on shinny crome feet. I am getting my ipod adapter installed tomorrow. I will also be looking at some prices to get that Bass rumbling.
Old 03-28-13, 08:45 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Congrats on the ES and welcome to Club Lexus

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Member