ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

little square cut outs one on front bumper on inside on each side where the trunk

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-13, 07:48 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts
Default little square cut outs one on front bumper on inside on each side where the trunk

Im wondering what are the square cut outs the one on the front bumper
and then there are 2 on the rear trunk inside trunk one to each side only sceen when trunk is opened

what are these for ?
Old 02-12-13, 08:45 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
Im wondering what are the square cut outs the one on the front bumper
and then there are 2 on the rear trunk inside trunk one to each side only sceen when trunk is opened

what are these for ?
The Owners Manual is your friend.
Old 02-12-13, 09:06 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

I know this

I have got threw parts of the ower manual it takes me a long time to read and understand things because of some learning issues I have so I ask
Old 02-12-13, 11:15 AM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know this

I have got threw parts of the ower manual it takes me a long time to read and understand things because of some learning issues I have so I ask
once you exhaust the possibilities in the owners manual (it's in there...really.) you'll have your answer.

If you still have questions then ask here.
Old 02-12-13, 01:15 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

gosh thanks guys not to sound like a SMart A$$ it will take me about a week to finish the book the way i read
i get that some people come in here don't even open on the owner manual and want questions answered so it kind of tick you off they don't read it and want them to learn for themselves

but it also ruins it for the ones of us that truly do open up a manual and try to read but don't come across everything right away and are curious

and it takes them longer to understand and read things k never mind kind of makes one feel not welcomed
Old 02-12-13, 01:15 PM
jbalian
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The following users liked this post:
GeorgeSaad (04-16-17)
Old 02-12-13, 01:30 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

ok cool thank you for that
Old 02-12-13, 02:24 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

gosh thanks guys not to sound like a SMart A$$ it will take me about a week to finish the book the way i read
i get that some people come in here don't even open on the owner manual and want questions answered so it kind of tick you off they don't read it and want them to learn for themselves

but it also ruins it for the ones of us that truly do open up a manual and try to read but don't come across everything right away and are curious

and it takes them longer to understand and read things k never mind kind of makes one feel not welcomed
and how long would it have taken you to pop one of those square covers off and look inside?

Did you try searching to see if your question had been answered?

We're not interested in answering because 90% of what you've posted questions about as a new owner has been discussed on the board already. Search around a bit when you have a question and you'll likely find the answer.
Old 02-12-13, 03:56 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

i wasn't going to pop the piece out because i had no idea what it was for for all i know it could have been a crash sensor for the Air bags
i don't do anything unless im sure i know what will happen

I also just looked threw the book giving a quick scan of pages just to see if i could find them in a picture and i guess im blind because i didn't see any pages that had that in the picture
Old 02-12-13, 04:59 PM
nevernu
Instructor

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts

thanks for that video jbalain, a pic is worth a thousand words. i didn't know that despite having read the manual
Old 02-12-13, 05:23 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

I think what you are missing is this from the perspective of everybody who spends a lot of time posting on forums and sharing knowledge.

Your post reeks of entitlement, it is incredibly annoying to a longtime forum poster when people come on and ask the same simple questions that are in the manual, or easily found via a google search or a search here, over and over and over again. Everybody here is just an owner like you, you aren't entitled to anything from them, reading issues or not. This forum is not your personal interactive owners manual.

Just Googling "Lexus bumper square" gives you your answer in 2 seconds, without demanding anything of anybody else. You have to take responsibility for your own knowledge, if you can't find what you need, THEN post.

I have a very old friend that is dyslexic, when we were in high school he had all kinds of issues with school and reading. But, guess what? He has an MBA now and is very successful. He doesn't ask others to take their time to spoon feed him what he needs because he has a learning disability, he works doubletime to absorb what he needs to absorb on his own. "I have a learning disability" should never be a reason why complete strangers should do special things for you. I have lower back problems, should people carry me up the stairs?

If it takes you a week...it takes you a week. The important word is YOU

Last edited by SW17LS; 02-12-13 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-12-13, 07:48 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by SW10ES
I think what you are missing is this from the perspective of everybody who spends a lot of time posting on forums and sharing knowledge.

Your post reeks of entitlement, it is incredibly annoying to a longtime forum poster when people come on and ask the same simple questions that are in the manual, or easily found via a google search or a search here, over and over and over again. Everybody here is just an owner like you, you aren't entitled to anything from them, reading issues or not. This forum is not your personal interactive owners manual.

Just Googling "Lexus bumper square" gives you your answer in 2 seconds, without demanding anything of anybody else. You have to take responsibility for your own knowledge, if you can't find what you need, THEN post.

I have a very old friend that is dyslexic, when we were in high school he had all kinds of issues with school and reading. But, guess what? He has an MBA now and is very successful. He doesn't ask others to take their time to spoon feed him what he needs because he has a learning disability, he works doubletime to absorb what he needs to absorb on his own. "I have a learning disability" should never be a reason why complete strangers should do special things for you. I have lower back problems, should people carry me up the stairs?

If it takes you a week...it takes you a week. The important word is YOU
im not asking anyone to spoon feed me a thing
and im not saying im entitled to anything
remember those words came out of your mouth and you said it not me
nope not me

second off ok i didn't think about googling it next time ill try to try that first
i did look threw and did not see it in the owner manual from what i did read so far and then skimmed threw it again just after opening this thread up and didn't read it but looked at just about every picture unless i missed it i didn't see it
so guess im blind or just missed it

oh and hey i am in college and im going for my associates degree and i get A's in everything except for Mathematics and Reading

so i think im doing pretty damn good for myself also

Last edited by ThumperPup; 02-12-13 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-12-13, 08:13 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

I'm just telling you why people responded to you like they did, thats all.
Old 02-13-13, 05:14 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by SW10ES
I'm just telling you why people responded to you like they did, thats all.
ok Thank you
Old 02-13-13, 08:23 AM
chbow
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been curious about this as well, glad I never asked though

Quick Reply: little square cut outs one on front bumper on inside on each side where the trunk