ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts
Default My new 2007 Lexus ES350

So i got the ES350 i love it its really a great car this one is fully loaded
i think its almost got every option you could get

now im just learning more about it

just a few pictures for now will post more latter
Attached Thumbnails My new  2007 Lexus ES350-lexues2.jpg   My new  2007 Lexus ES350-lexues1.jpg   My new  2007 Lexus ES350-lexues3.jpg  
Old 02-01-13, 04:47 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice. I almost went for the red on our 2007 but went with dark blue. My 2011 is red / tan interior. Good luck with it. You are going to ditch the dealer lisc. plate frame......
Old 02-01-13, 04:50 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

yup going to ditch the dealer fram as soon as i get real plate i think its going to help protect it from weather atleast whyll its the temp paper tag
Old 02-01-13, 04:51 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

the only thing im strugling righ tnow with is bypassing the Navigation unit i tried it like this

but thats not working
i know i have the 6.1 nav map dvd so its not the updated one
Old 02-01-13, 04:56 PM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

nice choice..looks like it had low miles??
Old 02-01-13, 05:10 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by imherenow
nice choice..looks like it had low miles??
for being a 6 year old car id say yes 44,970 miles when i drove it off the lot

the finance company santander had a warranty they sold me also for 4 years 50k addition mile bumper to bumper for 2380 dollars
still has 4 months and 24k on the Factory Drive train warranty

have a 100 dollar per visit deductable on the service contract purchased
Old 02-01-13, 05:38 PM
tcbted
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great choice, Thumper.

I have owned 5 Cadillac STS's, and 3 Lexus products.
You will spend very little time chasing problems with your new car.
No more listening for weird noises, highway shimmy issues, sudden temp spikes, warped dashboard pads,
electrical gremlins, etc.

You're going to love the Lexus experience.
Old 02-01-13, 08:58 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

can someone please tell me what AFS is ?
i found the button under the dash and when i push it is lights up on the dash ASF off
what is AFS ?

also anyone know what the other button right next to it is for i press it and it doesn't do anyting
Old 02-02-13, 01:03 AM
jacobjohn
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AFS = Adaptive Front Lighting system. In other words, when you move the steering wheel, your headlights will rotate towards that turn. This will only occur if you're over a certain speed; i forgot what the exact speed is, but the lights won't rotate when the car is not in motion.

The other button is to set the standard pressure for your tires. Anything above or below this standard, given a certain margin, will set off a light on your dash about a low/flat tire pressure. Make sure you have all your tire pressures the same, even your spare tire in the trunk, before setting the standard pressure. To set the standard pressure, you will need to have the car battery turned on (press the ignition switch once, without the break pedal pushed) and then press and hold that pressure switch until you see the dashboard error flash a couple of times. This comes in handy during the winter season, when tire pressures are lower due to the cold weather.
Old 02-02-13, 06:14 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

awesome thank you for that information
i appreciate it

I have another question
ok i have a iphone 4 i have the Blue Tooth working and all
but is it possible to Transfer my phone book to the Vehicle ?
or do i have to manual input each number i want stored ?

also i am realy haveing trouble with changing the home location setting on the map it doesn't want to let me edit it

also the light down in the footwell of the front foot well passanger and driver has that amber color light i think its amber
its brighter when im just sitting in park but it dimms up when i put in great and start driving but it never goes away is there a way to set this to not be on ? sometimes i like just all dark asspecialy when going to drive in movie

Last edited by ThumperPup; 02-02-13 at 06:19 AM.
Old 02-02-13, 10:13 AM
jkeller
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
awesome thank you for that information
i appreciate it

I have another question
ok i have a iphone 4 i have the Blue Tooth working and all
but is it possible to Transfer my phone book to the Vehicle ?
or do i have to manual input each number i want stored ?

also i am realy haveing trouble with changing the home location setting on the map it doesn't want to let me edit it

also the light down in the footwell of the front foot well passanger and driver has that amber color light i think its amber
its brighter when im just sitting in park but it dimms up when i put in great and start driving but it never goes away is there a way to set this to not be on ? sometimes i like just all dark asspecialy when going to drive in movie
Sorry you can't transfer your phone book all at once with any iPhone. As far as i know the LED lights in the footwells and the one under rear view mirror cant be turned off. Black tape 'em if they really bother you. To change home location-menu>my places>delete. Then do it again- menu>my places>delete previous points. That will allow you to enter a new home location. Also if you still have to push an I AGREE button after each startup, think about getting a newer version DVD. That screen went away with later edition DVD maps. New editions come out every fall, your dealer might have an outdated edition they well sell you cheap.
Old 02-02-13, 11:29 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by jkeller
Sorry you can't transfer your phone book all at once with any iPhone. As far as i know the LED lights in the footwells and the one under rear view mirror cant be turned off. Black tape 'em if they really bother you. To change home location-menu>my places>delete. Then do it again- menu>my places>delete previous points. That will allow you to enter a new home location. Also if you still have to push an I AGREE button after each startup, think about getting a newer version DVD. That screen went away with later edition DVD maps. New editions come out every fall, your dealer might have an outdated edition they well sell you cheap.
the lexus dealer near me has a 12.0 version they wanted 299 for it installed im like wow i could probably do it myself and id think its less than 200 i thought for the dvd

i am trying to figure out how come if i have the older version of the map software why can't i get the bypass for the navigation and phone lock out threw the secret menu i know that can't be done with the new update but i have the old one and it won't let me do that

also i saw i was reading and in the 2013 models you can change settings like weather it beeps when you locked it or unlock and other functions also
like window roll up if you forget to roll your windows up

cant we change settings like that also in the 07 es350 ?

also is there any way on the navigation unit to bring up speed how fast your going your mph also is there any way to display the speed limit of the road your on ?
Old 02-02-13, 12:04 PM
jkeller
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
the lexus dealer near me has a 12.0 version they wanted 299 for it installed im like wow i could probably do it myself and id think its less than 200 i thought for the dvd

i am trying to figure out how come if i have the older version of the map software why can't i get the bypass for the navigation and phone lock out threw the secret menu i know that can't be done with the new update but i have the old one and it won't let me do that

also i saw i was reading and in the 2013 models you can change settings like weather it beeps when you locked it or unlock and other functions also
like window roll up if you forget to roll your windows up

cant we change settings like that also in the 07 es350 ?

also is there any way on the navigation unit to bring up speed how fast your going your mph also is there any way to display the speed limit of the road your on ?
300 bucks for a DVD is a joke. Try Sewell Lexus online store. It should be 170 or so. Install it yourself it's behind the plastic piece that says Lexus right under the nav screen. There must be 50 custom settings but it has to be hooked to a Toyota scan tool to change them. They old secrete screen trick stopped working with the 2007 model ES No you can't display your speed or speed limits on the nav screen. If you didn't get an owners manual goto Lexus owners site and you can download a PDF of the owners and the nav manuals-they each have their own.
Old 02-02-13, 12:14 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by jkeller
300 bucks for a DVD is a joke. Try Sewell Lexus online store. It should be 170 or so. Install it yourself it's behind the plastic piece that says Lexus right under the nav screen. There must be 50 custom settings but it has to be hooked to a Toyota scan tool to change them. They old secrete screen trick stopped working with the 2007 model ES No you can't display your speed or speed limits on the nav screen. If you didn't get an owners manual goto Lexus owners site and you can download a PDF of the owners and the nav manuals-they each have their own.
ok cool yeah i thought i read that some of the options could be programmed without going to the dealer but some can't
but that was for the 2013

so the 07 has to go to the dealer for it all

what are the 50 some options so that i know what to ask for when i go to the dealer
also would it be cheaper to go to a lexus dealer or a toyota dealer and if i go to the Toyota dealer are they even going to know what im talking about assuming the lower value Camry probably don't have these options like the lexus does
Old 02-02-13, 12:37 PM
jacobjohn
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To roll down all your windows, press and hold the unlock button on your key fob until all the windows are down. To roll all of them back up, press and hold the lock button on your DOOR until all the windows are rolled up.

Quick Reply: My new 2007 Lexus ES350