lexus warranty

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-12, 08:11 AM
2010es350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lexus warranty

Guys,
I just purchased my new 2012 es 350 and would like to know if I should go for the warranty or not. I saw them offering me warranty from

Windshield
ding and dents
wear and tear interior
wheels
tires

they are all around 600 each and doesn't include the extended warranty. what do you guys prefer? is it worth it?
Old 06-10-12, 08:17 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

I don't get those coverages but do understand that it is a personal decision. I would suggest to do what you are comfortable with.

Congrats on the new car.
Old 06-10-12, 08:24 AM
2010es350
Driver School Candidate

thanks a lot.

What is your experience with these cars? I mean do they wear tear easily?I will be driving this car only on weekends as I do have a work car. Also, I am not buying the extended warranty.
Old 06-10-12, 08:48 AM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

those are just money grappers...would say less than 5% of all Lexus buyers would purchase these dings, pings etc coverage. I'm worried why you just spent 40k and you are questioning on how the vehicle holds up. Relax...save your money and enjoy a true luxury ride for a great value. You did very well on the purchase price dont give money back to them. Not sure if it will be garaged but helps tremendously...my 2010 is garaged all the time when not on rd and looks brand new...but I do the Zaino steps couple times of year. Congrats & Good Luck !!
Old 06-10-12, 08:49 AM
mckdaddy
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I got the ding and dents when I bought my '12 es350 last month. It will pay for itself IF I bother to utilize it. Our garage is only a 2-car, and kids getting out of the wife's car are regularly dinging my doors. Also, my work parking lot has narrow spaces, and dings happen there as well. But it will be up to me to take it in for these future dings and dents.

I also got the lost key ins, because, frankly, the wife loses keys....1x a year guaranteed, her keys and mine, just like the sun rises in the east. It will happen. Lost key ins, unfortunately, was a given for me.
Old 06-10-12, 08:52 AM
mckdaddy
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by JRey350hou
those are just money grappers...would say less than 5% of all Lexus buyers would purchase these dings, pings etc coverage. I'm worried why you just spent 40k and you are questioning on how the vehicle holds up. Relax...save your money and enjoy a true luxury ride for a great value. You did very well on the purchase price dont give money back to them. Not sure if it will be garaged but helps tremendously...my 2010 is garaged all the time when not on rd and looks brand new...but I do the Zaino steps couple times of year. Congrats & Good Luck !!
For most car buyers, the above is sound advice.
Old 06-10-12, 09:00 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JRey350hou
Agree with your post and especially with your using Zaino products.
Been a Zaino user for 15 years.Great stuff.
Old 06-10-12, 09:05 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010es350
thanks a lot.

What is your experience with these cars? I mean do they wear tear easily?I will be driving this car only on weekends as I do have a work car. Also, I am not buying the extended warranty.
As mentioned before on here I had an early build 2007 ES 350 that was problem free for nearly 4 years of ownership. The experience was so good that I bought a 2010 that's also been problem free for 2 1/2 years. Do some problems surface on these cars, yes, all cars will develop some to one extent or another. I've been fortunate hence owning two of them even after some serious cross shopping of other cars.
Old 06-10-12, 10:20 AM
John U
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Guys,
I just purchased my new 2012 es 350 and would like to know if I should go for the warranty or not. I saw them offering me warranty from

Windshield
ding and dents
wear and tear interior
wheels
tires

they are all around 600 each and doesn't include the extended warranty. what do you guys prefer? is it worth it?
Windshield......covered thru your car insurance .....I'll save $600 right off the bat.
Dings......$100 per panel. I average 2-3 per life of the car....$300 total for me. I'll save $300 here
Wear & tear. stupid, how do they define it? $600 saved for me.
Wheels.....claim it on your insurance if you dent one.....I drive 40,000 a year and have never dented one....saved me $600.
Tires....I'd love to read the fine print on this one. Plus will they replace them with the same quality Michelin?
Old 06-10-12, 11:13 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We bought the wheel and tire package on our 2007 when new. Tried to file a claim for curb rash, that was a no go. Only bought Lexus Platinum Extended Warranty for our 2011 and negotiated that with our local dealer from price quotes online. Knocked off $600 from his original, sign here offer.
Old 06-10-12, 11:29 AM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

I would not recommend any of those coverages. Insurance will cover some things like the windshield and others are probably difficult to collect on. You might consider an extended warratnty like the platinum warranty often discussed here instead.

Enjoy the new car.

Dave Mac
Old 06-10-12, 12:55 PM
mckdaddy
Pit Crew

I agree that amost all people don't need any of the insurances offered. The windshield, wear & tear, and tires/rims are particularly ridiculous.

In fact, the lost/broken key ins is not needed for anyone not married to my wife. An aggravating, but necessary ins for me. Stupid, just stupid.

As for the ding and dent ins, when this was presented to me, my initial thought was "where has this been all my life!?!" I'm usually having dings and dents repaired on previous vehicles 2-3x per year. I try to let several accumulate before getting it done (though seeing them accumulate over a 3-4 month period really grates on my nerves). Assuming I continue to have dents repaired 2-3x per year on this car, as I have on previous vehicles, then it will pay for itself several times over. Though I must admit that this ding/dent ins might not be needed by the general population to the extent I claim to need it.
Old 06-10-12, 05:41 PM
2010es350
Driver School Candidate

What is zaino steps? Where can I buy that?
Old 06-10-12, 07:56 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

What is zaino steps? Where can I buy that?
Zaino is a polish , sealant ....no different than if you use McQuires, Black Diamond , Carnubas , etc. There is a thread in the forum dedicated to Zaino or you can go to zaino.com. Need to buy at least 3-4 of the products to follow steps correctly and get best results . Sealant basically stays on much longer than any wax on the market. There are a couple different steps you can follow ....again plenty of info on Zaino here in the Lexus forum or the Zaino website. good luck...but do apply something once and while if you want your paint to hold up and see deeper shine in paint than most vehicles out on the rd.
Old 06-10-12, 08:09 PM
John U
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've used Zaino for years.
Step one: Apply their AIO (All in One).
Step two: Crack a cool drink and admire the shine.
Step three: apply Z5 or Z3 for additional protection if your really into it.

Quick Reply: lexus warranty