ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

looking for Flyaudio for 2007 es350

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-12, 08:02 PM
jasonwalls
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for Flyaudio for 2007 es350

I've been searching through the forums for anyone selling the Flyaudio unit but everyone seemed to stop selling them or the links don't work anymore. I've heard here some people bought these for around 8-900 bucks. I've found one person selling it on Ebay or about 2000, is that price about right?

I've been trying to google around and look for some, but I've heard that some of these units aren't updated or are in chinese etc. I was hoping someone could direct me to someone reputable still selling one of these..

If worse comes to worse I found a couple people from china on alibaba.com selling them for around 4-500 dollars. If i can't find one would anyone suggest actually just buying a cheap unit and deal with the chinese / bad bluetooth, etc? Thanks for anyones suggestions.
Old 03-29-12, 12:53 AM
xanderES
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know that a couple vendors here used to sell them. A quick search comes back with two results.
1.CLT
2. Automax Service - 714-720-2797
Try contacting these people first to see if they could get you one.
Old 03-29-12, 07:14 AM
CompuMan
Pole Position

Default Me too

I have been thinkng about oing this also. Here is the web site that I have been looking at. If I do this, I will install it myself.

http://stores.caraudioproshop.com/-s...-09/Detail.bok
Old 03-29-12, 09:09 AM
jasonwalls
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xanderES
I know that a couple vendors here used to sell them. A quick search comes back with two results.
1.CLT
2. Automax Service - 714-720-2797
Try contacting these people first to see if they could get you one.
Thanks, that URL sells the unit for around 2 grand... I know some people have bought them for around 6-900.. I found some from chinese dealers but I don't know if it would be the same unit/different software...

Compuman I've been considering that site also but was hoping can find something a little lower than 1400.. I think I'm going to try to contact them to see if that's the updated unit.
Old 03-29-12, 03:43 PM
jacobjohn
Driver

i don't think you want to trust/stress over anything under $1000 for now. Like minutemaid says, "put good in, get good out." haha
Old 03-30-12, 08:57 AM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jasonwalls
I've been searching through the forums for anyone selling the Flyaudio unit
Why the Flyaudio unit vs. a completely new head unit?
Old 03-30-12, 10:21 AM
jacobjohn
Driver

Originally Posted by Robert_J
Why the Flyaudio unit vs. a completely new head unit?
probably because he likes the "authentic look" of it. That would be my reasoning over a new head unit. And probably because its just a plug and play.
Old 03-30-12, 01:00 PM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jacobjohn
probably because he likes the "authentic look" of it. That would be my reasoning over a new head unit. And probably because its just a plug and play.
I don't think my double DIN Pioneer looks "non-authentic". Based on the other cars I ride, it looks normal since most of them have their factory head units replaced with Pioneer models. This goes all the way to my mother's 1967 Beetle.

Other than the AC control disassembly with with no instructions, the install was pretty much plug and play. I'm contemplating an upgrade to the latest Pioneer model. I'd love Bluetooth audio streaming from my phone or tablet PC. If it was that bad, I'd never consider getting inside the dash again.
Old 03-31-12, 10:35 PM
jasonwalls
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Robert_J
I don't think my double DIN Pioneer looks "non-authentic". Based on the other cars I ride, it looks normal since most of them have their factory head units replaced with Pioneer models. This goes all the way to my mother's 1967 Beetle.

Other than the AC control disassembly with with no instructions, the install was pretty much plug and play. I'm contemplating an upgrade to the latest Pioneer model. I'd love Bluetooth audio streaming from my phone or tablet PC. If it was that bad, I'd never consider getting inside the dash again.
I think the unit being on the bottom looks really odd. I really do like the authentic look the flyaudio unit has.... Were you the one that had the thread a while back on the installation? I think I've read through it before... I might just start looking for the double din thingy for the ES, the Flyaudio unit isn't looking so promising.
Old 04-04-12, 04:38 AM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Yes, that was me.